No announcement yet.

Out with the Viparspectra 450 another bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoOrbudgal I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble right in the middle of a grow and even more than that you are in the middle of this horrible fire situation, damn that shit is crazy.

PLEASE ma'am be careful over there, take evacuation orders serious my neighbor lost two cousins and their kids in the big California fire a year or two back. I'm to far to offer any real help or I would.
    Be safe and good luck
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you all of you for the well wishes. It's like night time and dusk all day. Many many friends have lost homes. Yes when they say go i go. We will evacuate ASAP we are ready have a car packed. Well they are going to fight me with the light i feel it coming. See i know it's a bad driver same as the other one less than a year old. That one i just took as a loss and use as a veg. light. But this one i'm not in the mood to fight really am worn out. But i will give Ruby and some other web worker for Vipar a talking too about customer service and why i'm switching brands these older version of the 450R are not reliable break within a year or less of use.
      . I have 2-3 wks left now in my bloom tent at 12/12. The 3 autos mean something but not priority it's the 4 photo GSC cuts that are now 6wks old and growing big under those 2 veg lights which do the job well they are my concern.

• MeEasy
      MeEasy commented
      Editing a comment
      I went with spider farmer because my brother in law had a older model of theirs for around two years and it quit on him sf had him send it over to TX I think it was and for whatever reason they couldn't fix it so they sent an email saying they were sending him a new one, thinkin they were sending him a new one like he had (square with fans) two days later he gets a sf2000 that cost him the postage to send his old one to them, it was the one without the dimmer but it's a $300 light I don't know how much he paid for the original one but for them to send a new quantum board to replace it shows good customer service

SoOrbudgal was worried about you. Glad to see a post from you, even if it is one with shitty news about your light.
    Be well, my friend.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well we have very cool temps low 50s helping the fire fighters no wind.

What's everyone's thoughts on fan versus fanless LED lights? Obviously, one's quieter. Heat generated is probably a wash since that's a function of the LED lights themselves. Do the fanless one's burn out sooner 'cuz they can't dissipate the heat as fast?
    3x3' space in back of closet
    VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
    Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
    Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
    Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
    1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Not sure only thing i read was the ones with fans are weaker leds because they pull power from driver to work fan instead of all power going to leds dont know if this is right but just thought i would mention it mate

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        If mine pull power from the LEDs, it's negligible. Both have at least two fans going inside the case and the plants don't seem to suffer from lack of light.

I've used LEDs with fans more, but now have a couple of the quantum boards with no fans. At 100% strength, it generates some heat but it doesn't keep the room any hotter than when I had the fan versions in there. The best part, is at 80% or lower strength using the dimmer, they put off basically no heat. You can touch it, lick it, even touch your bum to it. Not that I've actually tried.

Comment

have u used hps 600watts before is it less heat than them at 100%chadwestport undergroundfarmer thats good to know just something i read if was half putting me off the fan led but all the crap they throw at u with led it crazy all i want to know will it grow massive dense buds am i wrong mate

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          Editing a comment
          Not at all! The best buys in LED are the ones that put out the most PAR per watt. I liked Platinum's presentation so I gave them a chance. I've also had better luck with their support team. My last order was going to be delayed for lack of stock but they found one anyway and rush shipped it after I inquired about it.

• ChadWestport
          ChadWestport commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, my experience has been that a 600w HPS will put out more heat than the LED of comparable specs. With either, you still need to move air and cool it down, but HPS lighting puts off a lot of infrared light which produces heat. LEDs hardly produce any infrared at all. HPS also tends to send that heat directly down at the canopy, while LED like Spider Farmer and many others dissipate the heat away from the canopy top.

par per watt ok i look at that next time thats what should happen go that bit extra for u then u recomend them to someone else more business other companies dont seem to get it when u spending a lot like£800 which u probably just spend u ecspect that soorbugal i think having problems with vipraspectra he had a few lights off them as well i was looking at them i wont now but if they done right thing i might have done i going with the mars fc range u seen them mate

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
          Editing a comment
          I have now! They seem like a good setup, especially the folding model. I could see how that could help in dense canopies. Quite a few of the folks here use Mars Hydro and are happy with them. The only thing I could pick at is that they use cheaper Samsung diodes instead of Cree's which are supposed to perform better. Also, they are using 'b' diodes instead of 'h' diodes. The 'h' in the part number denotes diodes made for horticulture.

• Xena
          Xena commented
          Editing a comment
          UndergroundFarmer I don’t really know about the Samsung diodes except what I’ve read on here and a few other places but some of what I’ve seen says that there’s actually no difference in the light emitted from a “b” or a “h” the only difference being what they’re being marketed for. Is there a difference in the light quality?

ok mate havent seen cree diodes on any lights unless they on the top end lights which i dont look at i noticed that about the b and h why put b on when they know the lights are for weed unless it down to price what are the b actualy for mate

Comment

Just found this on another forum. Might explain it.

I got this from our Samsung rep the other day:

"The real story with the 301H is that they are identical to the 301B. They are just marketed to different markets and their data is presented accordingly. They both have the same photon or luminous efficacy (depends how you want to look at it). There is no tweaking or special phosphor used, the anti sulphurization coating and stronger bind wires (which is key in many harsher environments, but especially horticulture) is the exact same on both parts. But since they were gaining so much traction in the horticulture market with the 561c and 301b years back, they decided to cater specifically to that market and give them a unique data sheet that works for the specific industry; micromoles rather than lumens for the case of the 301H. "
          3'x3'x6' Secret Jardin grow tent
          Fox 6" carbon filter and fan with acoustic ducting
          Kocheal 2000w (actual 255w) Led
          Couple of fans for airflow
          First grow 2x RQS Fat Banana 1 x Silver leaf Critical crack og. All photo
          Soil, plain multi purpose compost with perlite added
          Nutrients - Bio Bizz Calmag, Grow and Bloom.

Yellow under blurple makes fluorescent orange 😀

Comment

ok mate nice one

Comment

OK, that explains it.
              Coconut Grove
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
              4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
              32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
              Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X