Out with the Viparspectra 450 another bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out with the Viparspectra 450 another bites the dust

Well it's been one screwed up event after another type of year. Got a forest fire across the river from us now going. Gusty wind storms all last evening still going. Must of been a tree hit power line it's less than 10mi from our place maybe closer no word yet. See others across river from news evacuated?? Power went out about 3a.m. i was up cause of the wind and hearing trees and branches snapping. Big tree on our road came down on power line took out power. But my lights were still on in the tents must not of been a true outage at that point i turned upstairs tent light all off, going to the porch tent light both on. Light less than 6months old i hear " pop " just like the last time the bloom driver went out during powe outage even on surge protectors WTF. I got 3 autos and 4 photos in that F-ing tent no room in bloom tent it's on 12/12 damnit to hell.

Getting anything now but a Viparspectra done done. Just as i said had zero issue but the fucking drivers are shit in the 450 reflectors all i got now are 2 veg lights going in that tent now fucking boat anchors.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

They don’t make anything that last anymore. The first grow light I ever bought is a old SunSystems HPS/T5 combo that’s nearly 20yrs old and still fires right up. Has a loud buzz to it now but it’ll still grow good bud.!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Right mine cost only 115 not alot but still got 3yrs use out of the rest i've gotten but no more of these too soon to fail. And why the new one.......my other 2 did'nt pop and blow the fucking drivers?? Yes tried to call Beaverton, Oregon headquarters for Vipar no go all working from home. Went online want's me to go to faceass messenger nope

• ChadWestport
      ChadWestport commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently dealing with warranty as well. They closed the beaverton shop and moved the repair center to Richmond CA. I sent in a light for repair, got a different broken light back. But they issued me a new shipping label. So, waiting again.

SoOrbudgal I use the hydrocrunch 600 from Home Depot. It works well and was fair priced. Ill send pics later

Comment

As you know, power outages are a bitch. Crazy power fluctuations wreak havoc on electronics, appliances, etc. You mentioned a surge protector...was the viparspectra on one? Sorry for your loss...

My viparspectra has a 3 year warranty...maybe you can score a replacement?
      Last edited by Cheesy; 09-08-2020, 02:52 PM.
      3x3' space in back of closet
      VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
      Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
      Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
      Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
      1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Nooooooooo don't tell me that I bought last March a Viparspectra quantum board P1500 to compliment my 2 others grow lights, KingLed 1500 & 2000 grow Led. So far the P1500 is working fine. Sorry to hear this. 2020 so far is a shitty bloody year.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• 1Legalgrow
          1Legalgrow commented
          Editing a comment
          What do you think of the P1500? I just used it on my first grow ...... seemed to do ok.

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          So far so good... I'm thinking of getting the new and improve P2000 to replace my KingLed 1500.

If it is just the driver they are fairly cheap. Should be able to get a meanwell driver for about 40 bucks. Also I would think you could place plants in 12-12 for a day or 2 till you get re-lit.

Comment

SoOrbudgal That sucks, sorry to hear. An in-law in Ashland just got evacuated. Good luck with the light and fire!
          Organic, coco & soil, 240w LED, 3 gallon fabric pots, basement grow in tent.

Comment

I worked construction....back when I worked. I had a electrician tell me one time that most of the time surge protectors are useless and the only thing to look at on the surge protector is if it has a guarantee to replace your stuff. I’ve always remembered that and always read the fine print when I buy.

Comment

Cheeba yes we went out to see where the fire is and it's across river from us up the hwy about 5mi. That one was only few hundred acres it's still smoldering but looks very contained. 4p.m. here it's been like total darkness since noon now. Other fire farther up river where we camped last weekend only about 25mi from our place. Heard they shut down the hwy do to smoke going into Cali.? Xena yes i have box and all paperwork got the light in March this year not happy with the bloom parts going out really it's been 2 of these now? smoorman we tried to repair it the first one that lost the bloom last winter when we had alot of snow and power went out flickered popped no more bloom. Hubby purchased new switch and driver ugggly time at our house, so i bought another.

indoor/outdoor grower
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Being that new they should replace this light, also some power co's will replace stuff their unstable power blows up.
                I agree with getting surge protectors that warranty whats plugged into them, with out this it aint no good.
                I hate wild fire, stay safe!

Comment

Well today i get 2 emails from Viparspectar One from a " Ruby" who asked me if i could go and disassemble the back and remove both drivers swap them around to make sure it's the bloom driver. She says there are 2 in there. I wrote back......So i say, You want me 63yrs old no electrical no how to disassemble a fragile unit to swap 2 drivers to check out the malfuntioned unit purchased in March? How about you trying to do this Ruby?? What kind of customer service who uses " facebook messenger" to communicate business? I called and i emailed Vipar in Beaverton, Oregon they told me employees are working from home and this is what they use to communicate?? No sir i do not like this company at all anymore. This Ruby also told me the other one that the same thing happened to they have no record of my purchase?? I told her that one blew last winter same thing popped and blew bloom. So Ruby...i buy a Ford truck in my town and it breaks down 200mi from home do i have it towed to the nearest ford dealership where i'm at or do i have it towed back to my town? Doesn't ford honor ford? Viparspectar should honor their warranty regardless. Told her to send me a shipping label where to send the unit back it's under warranty and this woman is not and electrician. Was i wrong? Man i told her we are in the middle of hell right now with fires all around us, this is not a project for me to take on.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                    bboyfromwayback commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You weren’t wrong. It makes no sense to have you work on it when it’s under warranty. If it’s broke and repairing isn’t a option due to covid they should replace it IMO

• ChadWestport
                    ChadWestport commented
                    Editing a comment
                    man, they either have one person working customer service or "ruby" is their default name. Thats who I'm dealing with too. I was originally asked to do the work myself and they'd send the parts, but I don't know how to or have the equipment to solder. I'm done with them, recently picked up a Spider-Farmer 1000.

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Your making me glad I went with a local dealer and a Mars Hydro, they said any problems in 3 years bring it back and we'll deal with Mars!
                    The drivers on the Mars are external and plug into it, swapping them would be easy, just unplug and change.
                    I certainly dont think you should open the unit, this could void that warranty! Yes even though they tell you to do it, they could say you caused it.

I can't say I can blame them for taking that long shot since quite a few of us home growers are DIY types. Faced with your reply, they should send a replacement with a shipping label to return the failed unit. Having a customer crack the unit open and void the warranty kinda sounds crappy now that I think of it!

I hope you and the rest of the west coasters get some relief from that hell on Earth soon!
                  Coconut Grove
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
                  4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
                  32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
                  Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Mars Hydro Ts1000 Damn Good Did Research I got one on the way ....Brother has one Loves it and I seen it’s Results..$139 led full spectrum
                    RightBud.com $139 or $129
                    420Chicano ( Auto Flower Run ) before Xmas!
                    Fox farm Ocean 🌊Forrest 3gallon Fabric pots
                    2 Lemon Skunk Plants
                    (Maybe AONL ) if Seed sprouts (waiting) 😊☝️
                    CFL/Led lights set up...taking these girls pretty close to Couch Lock 🔐

Comment

What a year indeed. Covid, freaky weather, economies shrinking, fires and elections coming for our US cousins and probably one up here in Canada.
                      Sorry to hear about the power outage and fires Budgal.

Comment

Hey budgal. Stay safe. If they say to evacuate do it. Good luck with the lights. I wouldn't touch one under warranty.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X