Trim question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trim question

I want to try hash making. I am pretty sure that it’ll be 2 or 3 grows before I have enough trim so what I need to know is. What do you do if you wet trim? I figure if you dry trim, you just jar up the trim and cure it along with the buds. Just unsure what to do if I go with a wet trim.

We used to use window screens but they sell all kinds of drying racks or as long as you spread it out on something and fluff it up a couple times a day making sure that you save anything that falls off like trichomes. Oh and if you use a window screen make sure they're not fiberglass. Once dry you can throw it in the freezer for storage trichomes are brittle when frozen so again save anything that falls off
    TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
    s silver haze... strawberry haze...
    .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
    TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
    2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
    TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
    3 gallon pots all autos
    Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
    👇my one n only journal👇
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I'm an impatient man who likes live resin, so my plants go from pot to Fiscars to blast tube or bubble bag. Whatever you use to make your product, freeze it first. When you do bubble hash, dry-ice hash, or blast, you can use dry weed, wet weed, or both together. Part of my last harvest got the BH treatment. The rest was blasted.

The difference in quality is the difference between live and cured concentrates.

Someone please help me out with this. Shatter, wax, budder, and such don't cure? Hash cures? Am I thinking of you Toker1
      Last edited by Gingerbeard; 09-06-2020, 06:43 PM.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends on what you are doing with it. Butane extraction is fine. Bubble hash is fine (but trics break after some time in the freezer which is not good for the final yield). Alcohol extraction I wouldn’t do because it adds more water to the alcohol. More water soluble contamination products in the final stage. I do freeze it dry for this purpose, and I do a 2 min quick cold wash.

• Xena
        Xena commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 my plan is to try dry ice hash when I have 2 or 3 ounces of trim.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think dry is the key word in that method. Although I have never tried it this way... I would think that adding water to the process would be counter productive.
        Just freeze for 24 hours. Don’t want to freeze too long and break the trics before sifting.

I cure mine when using ethanol 200 proof. I want as little water as possible for a smoother final product.
      bubble hash don’t matter, but if it’s dry then frozen I soak mine in ice water first before the wash cycle happens.
      bubble hash process in signature. Ethanol process will be in there next. Still working on the instructions for that.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I just leave all my sugar leaves on the tray where I trim. For about a week or two.
        then I throw them in a jar and open the jar some hours everyday.
        I’m making dry sift hash. Always made BHO before, but I like the dry sift method like in Morocco.
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

My trim just goes in a brown paper bag then into the freezer. Used to do the bubble bags but dry ice is sooo much easier, faster, and more effective.
          Space: 4 x 5 x 6, Two 600w HPS, Dirt farmer since Nov 2012.

Current Grow: White Truffles (GG#4 X Peanut Butter Breath)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Gluteous why a brown bag into freezer if i may ask? I brown bag my buds once i cut after hanging if they are not dry to liking before jars. I put my trim in a freezer zip lock and into the freezer. Just curious and thanks

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X