Ed Rosenthal.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Rosenthal.....

If you grow weed and you do not know who Ed Rosenthal is or have never read anything by him... I suggest you Google his name and study every word he has ever written... he is and always will be weed god and my idol...plain and simple.....if you don't know Ed you don't know sh*t.....

There are a lot of growers on here who need to read up on the facts...FACTS!!!

Enjoy....

Thanks dear Greenie for the tips. I'm a google geek, so I'll be on that one for sure.

Comment

I have his book en-route to my home, so I'm going to get to know Mr.Rosenthal real good real soon. Also got a 40x loupe and a new cheaper camera, as I have dropped my nice one too many times. Via Amazon.ca
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• insomniaczzz
        insomniaczzz commented
        Editing a comment
        enjoy the book!

I first read his wiki page, which wasn't too informative except about his 2 Federal arrests. It was nice to see that he served no time, except one day. Here is a link to his website. I'm going to bookmark it. http://www.edrosenthal.com/

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for that

Wow some serious passion here mind putting some links to his books so we can read them online that would be amazingly helpful to many of us!!
      Grow and good luck
      Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have no links...just strong advice...put the time in...you will be rewarded greatly!!

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Green75 you see I'm willing to put in the time and read it however I has no money to buy a book beyond my college books

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Try your laptop...Google him...he has all kinds of stuff out there

thanks green

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for this statement and your enthusiasm! With Greenie on ultra likes!!!!

The title of your post caught my eye and thus I came running to see what you and others had to say on his name. Not only did he write a lot of books which has changed cannabis cultivation for many years now and done all these amazing things to help pave the legalization of cannabis, but he is also has a legit Ph.D and has written a number of actual scientific articles on a wide range of things and holds a stellar reputation in the scientific community for his work as well outside of cannabis. I am always reminded of his work on the preying mantis, ladybugs, and some others as his research truly opened doors for the world of cultivation and how we address helpful and harmful insect controls. Needless to say I've been a fan of his work for years now, and proudly have a vast majority of his books and know them very well, if I want to quote something from his work I can find the page number with no issue and know which book it came out of. Other cannabis authors seem to drop bread crumbs of information, some of it rooted in facts other things rooted in myths, but not Ed Rothensal he will quote a study so you can do do much research on it to learn even more, he keeps things to the hard cold facts and whether you agree with him or not, his information can be backed up and verified by trusted sources.

When I wanted to go from being a weekend hobbyist gardener to stepping it up to getting serious about growing gardens year around inside and outside the greenhouse told me to use his books as the basis to help me really step up my game on what I really know about plants and everything relating to them. I already had lots of books on gardening, specific plants, horticulture, greenhouse management and so on... so I failed to see why or how a book on growing cannabis was going to help me when I wasn't even growing a single cannabis plant and had no intentions to either. However in reading his first book on Growing Marijuana (the Oaksterdam University Course Book) I was hands down blown away and surprised by how much I actually learned about plants overall and how it changed everything I already knew. Within one year of reading his first book it changed everything for me and it would open my eyes to how much cannabis cultivation is changing the world of even BIG AG and even down to the hobbyist weekend gardeners. That is what brought me to become really serious about studying and researching cannabis cultivation as intently as I have because of how much its changing the way others garden and raise plants.

Overall I can't say a bad thing about Ed Rosenthal, he has had his photo taken with the founder of Fox Farm, Snoop Dog and other big named icons over the years, he is highly respected in both the cannabis community for his years of work and for helping to legalize cannabis for us all. His work is very easy to read and whether he was advising people in the High Times column "Ask Ed" or writing a book he was clear, precise and left you feeling like you actually understood the answer he gave whether you were a new grower without a clue or a long term grower with years of experience. Any time someone tells me they want to learn to grow any kind of a plant be it cannabis or not, I recommend his books as a great starting point, because I know he will cover all the aspects of growing a plant from the soil, lighting, CO2 and everything else; after one book you will know more than you ever would reading 10-gardening books which would never tell you the very basics to growing successfully indoors or out.
      The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• Green75
        Green75 commented
        Editing a comment
        Like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like.....I could only hit the like button once...

Got Beyond Buds on my iPad ((kindle) and saw him 2 years ago at emerald cup...briefly
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

As much as I hate to say it I had never heard of Ed Rosenthal until this post. I know I am a deprived child but I am going to end this gap in my knowledge. For this rookie do you have any suggestions of in what order I should read his books. What I have read of his Marijuana Growers handbook, shows me how much I need to learn. Thank you Green75, as always I find you to be the go to guy.
        It's not how crazy I am, but how much I enjoy it that makes me dangerous.

Coco/Perlite 60/40, GH Nutrients and Calimagic, 5 Gal Fabric pots
        Germination lights 2 30watt LEDS
        Veg and Flowering 1 600 Watt GalaxyHydro LED

Completed Grows. 1 Photoperiod and 2 Autos

Current Grows: 1 mystery Auto 71 days, 1 White Widow Auto 62 days, 1 Amnesia Auto 62 days

Comment

• PigSquishy
          PigSquishy commented
          Editing a comment
          Marijuana Growers Guide- (Official Course Book of Oaksterdam University) is an excellent book to teach you all of the various aspects to grow from start to finish.

Marijuana Pest & Disease Control- Truly the best book I've got when it comes to having an issue loaded with information and great photos to really help you out

Ask Ed: Marijuana Law-
          Marijuana The Law & You - Both books really cover the legal aspects of opening your eyes to some very important things whether cannabis is legal or not for you

Ask Ed: Marijuana Gold Trash To Stash- Walks you through all kinds of ideas and ways to turn every part of the plant into a usable product, including cooking with it

Marijuana Growers Handbook, The Indoor High Yield Guide- Its an older book with a lot of charts and technical information, it just helped clarify the importance of the basics to growing and keeping things within the set ranges

Marijuana Success Indoors 1 & 2- They are some thinner books which basically take you through other people's gardens and show you how easily some people set up their gardens for mere pennies and got things up and going by growing in some different kinds of ways and fills you up with ideas of trying new things yourself.

Closet Cultivator- Is the only book of Ed's to date I haven't been overly impressed by, if you want a complete collection of his work buy it, if not I wouldn't recommend it.

Those are the books of his I remember reading off the top of my head, I know there are a couple more I've read too by him but I can't recall them, hopefully this list helps you.

When it comes to his product "Zero Tolerance" it truly lived up to what they claimed it would do...should you ever find yourself needing to look into that as well.

• Bikerstonrr
          Bikerstonrr commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You

Good call Greenie. Ed deserves every bit of praise in the battle to make cannabis accepted. He is the growing community's big toe. Like Sargent Hulka

Comment

• Vapo69
          Vapo69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Stripes is so funny

I believe he is the one who coined the phrase "Marijuana isn't addictive, but growing it is".
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I have his "bible"!!
          DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
          315 LEC
          6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
          6" Carbon filter
          3- 6" fans
          humidifier
          temp and humidity gauge
          5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
          FF trio nutrients

Comment

Two of my bibles: Rosenthal's Grower's Handbook and Jorge Cervantes' Cannabis Encyclopedia, which is one beautiful book with amazing pictures.

The Cannabis Encyclopedia: The Definitive Guide to Cultivation & Consumption of Medical Marijuana
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Aahh this will be interesting!!After seeing this post i ran into my warez files,got a pdf viewer,went online,got my hands on some pdfs and downloaded them!! But what is all that without sharing?

I found a great list of .pdf files on weed/growing here .I suggest you download them instead of reading online,you never know when such a site might be jacked out of existence! It contains 2 of Ed's books or three !

I attached the small portion i found on Ed's pdf's here :

The Marijuana Growers Handbook.pdf

The Marijuana Growers Guide - Mel Frank & Ed Rosenthal.pdf

Closet Cultivator by Ed Rosenthal.pdf

Ed Rosenthal'S Marijuana Growing Tips.pdf
              Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
              Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
              Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the links, Nartak!!!!!

• Nartak
                Nartak commented
                Editing a comment
                U want techy stuff,im your guy

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I know that's right!!!!!!!

i used to have his books back in the late '80's very early '90's. there is a wealth of info in there. sometimes a little too scientific but goes into great detail about many things. that is one of the books ANY grower should have in their possession.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X