No announcement yet.

Ed Rosenthal.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok i continued my search online for pdf files of good cannabis related books and have downloaded i think just about over 200 books/releases/writings all together! Will be posting a thread later on!!Thanks for pushing us forward Greennie!!!
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

I know this is a really old thread, but I somehow found myself here and I agree! I love Ed Rosenthal! He's published some of our pictures and information in his latest book which is coming out this summer, and he's always been a class act and very professional whenever we've communicated with him. I like how clean he keeps his grow room compared to some other growers who sort of accept bugs in the grow room as a nuisance you have to deal with! Rosenthal is all about doing everything the right way to ensure the highest quality, and he does lots of interesting experiments that enrich the growing community

Comment

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        I eagerly await the next book...hard copy
        Thanks for the post Nebula. PS he was at Emerald Harvest when I went could not make his delivery .

Just hearing that Ed Rosenthal is using photos and information from here in his new book, I'll go out and buy his next book too... Recently I was checking out another author's books who is suppose to be very well read, and so I was digging into the bio's and reading what people had to say. By the time I was done I really felt like I had some serious issues with the other author, especially when in the reviews people commented that other author contradicted himself, as I also heard when I checked them out on YouTube as well, but what really got me was when some said they gave up on reading this other author's work because of the constant spelling and grammar errors. Which in the end really had me questioning if anyone besides Ed Rosenthal and the work here on GWE really even tries to measure up to these high standards of putting real information out there and not just whatever they think will sell in their next piece of 'work'.

I've been reading Ed's work for years now, he has always been scientific in his research, he words and expresses things in such a way you read the same work 10-times and you still walk away having understood something new about it all because you finally have a much deeper understanding of it now that you've done it so many more times since you read it last. I appreciate how Ed has publicly stood up and taken a stand against those who would try to repress cannabis legalization, and how he grew for medical patients even when it landed him in jail for it and he still stood up and fought it on the federal level and in so many ways won, even though he was still found guilty of growing cannabis.

The only way to become the a good at anything is to read about it and learn all you can about it, and if it's something you love why not become an expert in it? The best place for anyone to start is at the beginning and make sure we didn't overlook anything, so let's go back to the basics.
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

• OzBud
        OzBud commented
        Editing a comment
        I have two grow books, one by Greg Green and one by Jorge Cervantes. They're alright but nothing special.

• PigSquishy
        PigSquishy commented
        Editing a comment
        I have one by Greg Green, The Cannabis Breeder's Bible, it really helped fill in some of the blanks about the topics on breeding, seeds, and things I had found in the other books I've read thus far. In that book he does mention that he wrote that book because of something he said in his previous book which inspired so many questions he wrote a second book to cover it for everyone. In there he makes mention of this because he refers to things he says he wrote in the previous book, and if you wanted to understand the whole topic you'd have to read it too.

While I have heard quite a few people recommend Jorge Cervantes, I didn't care for in his bio where he admits he secretly ran through cannabis grows and circles under an alias for so many years to hide his real identity. In a place where people put everything on the line in big grows in some countries, he is running around lying about his identity like a snitch. As if that didn't impress me about him, I would then watch a video of his on YouTube where he says you can use H202 on moldy bud by soaking it with water to kill it off and then dry and smoke the bud, yet in another video he says there is nothing you can do and should throw it away. He contradicts himself in his writings as well according to some people on Amazon when reviewing people's comments on his books. I even saw one person say they couldn't read the book because of spelling and grammar errors as it annoyed them so much. I've admittedly never read his work myself, but given all of that I've not really wanted to either.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I remember our big "moldy bud" discussion...I wrote to him, but never received an answer.

Thanks for the reminder Green75!! I have his "grow elite marijauna" book and read it before I started growing. After your comment I went back and reread it and after a couple of grows it made more of a connection!!
      DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
      315 LEC
      6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
      6" Carbon filter
      3- 6" fans
      humidifier
      temp and humidity gauge
      5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
      FF trio nutrients

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X