1st grow not what i expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow not what i expected

First grow amnesia haze.... My plants look absolutely NOTHING like any i have ever seen.... Have hardly any leaves... And im wondering if i have a male plant? I did specifically buy fem seeds but i guess it happens some times... Should add these have been growing since june 15th...i did have a problem with water drainage in the beginning but rectified asap and they seemed to keep growing... But they just don't look like "normal" plants... Is it worth leaving them and praying? Or just cut my losses and start again? 😭

Can you give us more details about your setup? Also, pictures in natural light help too. It's hard to see anything under those lights. Looks to me like they weren't getting what they needed, just the bare minimum to stay alive. They're definitely female, just not a lot of growth on them. I would probably cut my losses if it was me. If you can give us details, we can give suggestions on how to fix it for your next grow.

Comment

Thank you.

Indoor set up, 120x120x200 tent. 600w led lighting. Planted in soil. I planted them straight in the pots they are in 11l fabric pots...as.i didn't want to stress them when moving them. And the pot was sat in any run off so i lifted them and reduced watering them.

Been using bio bizz trio nutrients and ph down to bring water to 6.2 or there abouts.

​​​​​​​This is my first ever grow so expected to make a few mistakes but kind of thrown about this... 😭

Comment

• Damngrower
        Damngrower commented
        Editing a comment
        This is not a criticism as everyone has their own preferences, but it has been my experience that starting in small pots and transplanting 2 or 3 times in to increasingly larger pots does more good than harm. A little stress is good for strengthening the plants.

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        I aggressively agree.

@Vlv87, i would cut your losses now..might have a hard time getting a couple of doobies outta that plant. sorry. Im thinking lights too far away for most of grow, not enough water/nutes....etc. Their very tall and spindly.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Thank you..... Think i need to be looking at another light possibly, under estimated light space coverage 🤦🏻‍♀️.
        But thank you. Will do more research 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Comment

With those lights I've found they have to be way closer than what's recommended. Also, be aware that those lights are not a 600W equivalent, even though they say they are. You would probably need at least 3 of them for that space to even get a decent yield from them. You can still use that light for veg but you're going to want it probably within 18" from the top of your plants. Definitely recommend a better light though.

Comment

what brand light are you using? It appears like your trying to get off to a good start.. Hang around..lots of people here that are willing to help.
            Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
            Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
            6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
            Canna Coco/perlite
            General Hydroponics Flora Series
            Cal/Mag.

Tent
            Bruce Banner
            Kushy Kush
            2Cookies and cream

Comment

The light was a ebay purchase, said 600w full spectrum. I will definitely be looking at a different lighting source 🤬 or at least additional. Will definitely stick around, i find growing so fascinating and the science (of which clearly i don't understand as well as i thought) is so interesting

Comment

Hard to read the plants in blurple light, pics in normal light help us. I agree they need more light, but I also think there is a soil issue.
                I picked up a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 (308 watt) for not a lot of money, cover 4x4 veg 3x3 flower. I wont say its the best, but better than what you have.

Comment

I was wondering what soil you are using too ??
                  Looks pretty much like they don’t get enough light.
                  I would cut my losses and start over and not wasting money on the power bill for this. Really sorry to see your first grow ended with this. But at least you didn’t killed them in the first 1-3 weeks as I did many times before I even got a decent grow started. Keep researching and as the others say maybe a new light also.
                  Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
                  You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

BTW I would increase the light (strength not time) and flower them, they will still make some bud, and you can continue to learn with them.

Comment

I just wanted to ask you if your lights have two switches on it? If so did you only use the veg switch? I'm only asking because my first grow I misunderstood the very limited instructions that came with my lights (600w blurples) and I for the first 3 weeks only used the veg switch and my plants were kinda like yours until I read online to use both switches for veg. The single veg switch is only intended to develop seedlings. The damn instructions that came with my lights were a single sheet one sided page half of which was in I think Chinese and were completely useless the lights actually are pretty good I've since grown a couple rounds of plants that I got over a gram/watt (113 actual watts each)

EDIT = I have to add that I hate admitting to my stupid mistakes but I do like letting others just starting something that they're not alone in making stupid mistakes and things can and will get better
                      Last edited by MeEasy; 09-03-2020, 06:03 AM.
                      TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
                      s silver haze... strawberry haze...
                      .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
                      TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
                      2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
                      TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
                      3 gallon pots all autos
                      Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
                      👇my one n only journal👇
                      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Have to agree with all the advice given on here. I did want to add not to get discouraged. Most first time growers (myself included) find that growing good dense bud is not as easy as we though it would be. Hell my first two grows were so airy i didnt even bother drying them and just made hash with them. I didnt get over an ounce of dried bud total until my 3rd or 4th grow but my last grow was just under a pound dried. It takes some experience to understand and tweak your setup to get the most out of your grow. Like everyone said, your light is probably not 600 actual watts. Find out how much power is being drawn from the wall (actual watts) and that is what you should go by with led's. To learn a little more about LED's and why they say equivalent and what that means ect and just good general info about LED's i recommend looking at this web page http://stonerpros.com/led-grow-light...e%20near%207x.

Comment

• dphipps1020
                          dphipps1020 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed. My first few grows I think I got about a half oz from each plant, if that. Was very discouraging but I kept at it. Lately I've been getting about 1.5 oz each plant, on average. Still not the best but it's getting there. I've only been doing this for 2 years now (first year was a lot of mistakes and dead plants or really low yields) so I'm still learning new things all the time. Definitely keep trying and we will be more than happy to help you. I honestly wish I would have found this forum sooner than I did, probably would have had way better results a lot sooner.

• MeEasy
                          MeEasy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree especially with the finding this forum sooner lol... I've been growing off and on for nearly 35 years but used 80s technology (the sun and someone else's land) until like 2 years ago I had to move indoors and damn I feel like I went through a wormhole into the future with all this technology I didn't know existed

Comment

They look healthy, just very, very spindly. Weird. What make and model light is it exactly? And how far above the plants did you keep it?
                          3x3' space in back of closet
                          VIPARSPECTRA LED V600 Grow Light. Actual = 260W. Veg+Bloom 24/0-->20/4
                          Model V600 iPower 4" inline exhaust fan with carbon filter vented outside
                          Soil is 8-4-4 natural organic 45-day slow release with peat moss, composted pine bark (bad), perlite, vermiculite (bad) and Mycorrhizae
                          Vivosun 5 gallon grow bags

Dyna-Gro Grow & Bloom
                          1st Grow: 3x White Widow Auto (Fem)
                          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...w-auto-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X