Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffInCanada
    commented on 's reply
    Amazing! Monsters...you ain't kiddin' Wow! Trim jail, Haha, I bet. "The finished buds are some of the best I've grown" that is the best! That's what it's all about. The weird trichs...was that what Nebula posted a little while ago? I can't remember if it was in a newsletter or something else. Or, did you see that post? One more thing...this post heading "New Grower Here"...umm....you're like a pro at this dude WTF? LOL.

• PLreef
    replied
    Mr.furley that's awesome! I've been throwing around the idea of buying the growers choice lighting controller. For the price I hope it's worth it. The lights (ROI-E680)on the other hand are just amazing.
    Looking forward to your pics!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.furley
    replied
    Well its time for me to make good of finishing up this thread, I'd like to apologize for the delay and will explain why iv taking so long to get back here.

1) life gets busy.
    2) I was in trim jail for a month.
    3) I found some unique trichomes to me and needed answers.

I started harvest the photo plants Jan 6th one at a time, I set up the water system with shut off valves on each plant which was a very good idea.. the last of the 3 plants came down on the 20th so I could turn off a plant, let the pot dry out for a couple days then break the plant down to a workable size unlike that one pictured above.

Each plant had alot and I mean alot of buds, the plants did not stretch like I expected but I filled the screen to the max in fact I think that I trained the plant a week longer then I should have. This wasn't exactly what I had planned and I never needed the second net, the next problem with no big stretch I encountered was having the light too high In anticipation for a bit, I bought a Par meter the last couple weeks of the grow instead of borrowing one and after id dropped the lights 6 inches in week 6 when i check at week 8 I was only reading 750 to 850 ppfd around the tops of the canopy not bad but not ideal so.... that could have been dialed in a little better.

The finished buds are some of the best nugs Iv grown, dense, tasty, tight, colorful and very resin covered, in fact thats were the questions came in. I had what is best described as resin webbng where I had strings of resin from one trichome head to another all over the place not just on one plant but on all of them and iv see this before in pictures but never in person. Now I also found something unusual when trimming and at first I thought it was mold when I look at it with the loupe i freak out that it was spidermite webbing, then I realized that the whole leaf had unusual veining and vining, then I found a second one on the same plant but in a different spot. I saved the Specimens, ordered a micro camera and took some pictures. The best explanation I could get was it is a cluster of trichomes that did not terminate to a head.

Final yield in the photo room 1344 grams of bud plus alot of trim i didnt weigh. Just over a gram a watt, blue dream was the biggest @ 19 oz and grape ape #2 was the smallest @ 15. With the Shortage of Mason jars out there I tried out what's called gamma seals on 3 gallon hydro buckets and they work great for this size harvest.

To wrap up id like to say that I love the new lights, water system and setup, The controller was returned to my growshop and replaced with a new one for multiple problems, humidity meter was off by 20%, the timer advanced and the touch screen would stop working but would reset if unplugged, the new one seems fine so far. The grams per watt and yield is higher then the old setup so i should be able to to hit the same numbers but in a short time with less work and that was the goal here.

Hang tight and I'll post pictures tonight and tomorrow, I have over 1500 and they wouldn't all load. Lol!

I would like to give a special thanks to Cannamaie , I have never let someone in my grow or photograph my plants. she did a wonderful job taking some amazing pictures which will be included in the following posts.

Leave a comment:

• lalaland
    commented on 's reply
    Wow 😳 I don’t even know what to say but feel like I need to pull out some new descriptive words.
    Outstanding! Stellar! Gargantuan!
    You really give us something to shoot for, and all the information we need to attain it.
    Thanks for everything Mr.furley

• Woodsman67
    commented on 's reply
    Gorgeous!!!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    That is so amazing. Huge yield, lower costs and now all we need is the smoke report. I am in awe.

• YYCannabis
    commented on 's reply
    Presenting.....The new Captain America shield. LOL

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Those passion fruit autos tempted me but i got the candy cane auto instead.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    OMG that is frigging amazing hello sirus & nebula

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Absolutely beautiful what a grower.

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    Awesome Mr.furley! 🤟🏻

• Mr.furley
    commented on 's reply
    Yes MagicMike66 The Blue dream photo cut from the middle of the scrog a couple days ago.

• MagicMike66
    commented on 's reply
    Is that 1 plant you’re holding there?

• PLreef
    commented on 's reply
    Holy crap! Absolutely beautiful Mr.furley

• AccidentalGardener
    commented on 's reply
    Finally taking down the Christmas tree?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X