Best dehumidifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best dehumidifier

What should I get for my small room/grow area? It’s pretty humid and I can’t crack the window... something cheap plz!

You need to size the dehumidifier for the humidity you have present and the room size you want to treat.
    just research the different sizes and see which one best fits your needs.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

De-huey's will add heat to the grow space as they operate. Make sure you can mitigate that or you'll just cook the plants.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

A small window ac with dehumidifier setting is best. Now we are back to opening the window though. Is it the smell that is keeping the window closed?
        TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

I picked up a GE ADEL30, is it the best, I have no idea. It does keep the room at 45-50% RH, I empty the tank twice a day, unless I am drying then it makes more water, the AC is @ 72*F. I have not used it with a grow yet.

Comment

I use a discontinued 35 pint model from HiSense and it works great in the 150 and 200 sq. ft. rooms I've used it in.

What size room?
            What is the RH??

Comment

MeEasy l guess I could open it. I have it completely blocked off with panda film.... I’ll have to modify the room so I can open it. I got the ac down to 75ish and it’s less humid now.

Comment

• MeEasy
                MeEasy commented
                Editing a comment
                I grew without a ac with temps 68-82 RH 45-72 and just made sure I had plenty of airflow (fans). Only once did I get mold and it was on the bottom of a fabric pot. I found hydrogen peroxide kills mold and is good for the girls anyways so I spray down not only the girls but pretty much the whole room with a mix of it about every 3-4 weeks. I'll put a link to the ac I got below it wasn't cheap and that's why I grew without one for so long. It's ac dehumidifier and heat all in one and just has a hose that you hook in the window (why I asked about the window opening) You will get the best results from the best conditions but when you have limited resources (like us) just go with what you have and do your best until you can upgrade your tools or toys however you look at them. One thing I've learned in my years is don't settle for something below what is recommended to save a dollar because it probably won't do the job required and you'll end up buying another one spending more in the long run.
                Sorry for the book lol good luck

I literally have done this grow with 0 gadgets. The only thing I’ve used that’s a “gadget” is the timer for my light. Lol. I’m originally from Georgia... where I live now is super dry. I don’t know what the humidity is in that room when it’s bad but it feels like I’m in Georgia again. The room is a typical spare bedroom. Smaller size. Something you would use for an office or small child.

Comment

MeEasy Thanks for the link, it’s wayyyyy better now that I lowered the whole house ac from 78 to 75. 100% change. Thanks for the spray tip.

Comment

Originally posted by jb4point0 View Post
                  What should I get for my small room/grow area? It’s pretty humid and I can’t crack the window... something cheap plz!
                  Place a kitchen sieve on top of a bucket and pour some calciumchloride in the sieve. It will absorbe humidity and drain it to the bucket. A big of work but wont get away much cheaper =) Calciumchloride is used as road salt and is like $20 for 50lb bags and that will last you!
                  Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This will do as said (as well as rock salt), however it is very hard to get an exact RH from it, I went with the electric unit for steadier RH levels.

• swegrow
                    swegrow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rwise Yes I agree, but better than nothing if one is short on money! I got me an electric one too.

Y’all are awesome. I just ended up dropping my ac in the house from 78 to 75 and closed a few vents upstairs in unused rooms. Seems to be perfect now

Comment

There are so many best dehumidifiers available in the market for the whole house. But there are some of them designed especially for basement, bathroom, bedroom, and crawl space. as per your requirement, you are looking for the small and cheap Dehumidifiers i.e., hOmeLabs 50 Pint dehumidifier well suited. it has a removable water tank, Simple control panel, Auto-shutoff feature, Quiet and efficient working. also, this is the best dehumidifier Ideal for office, growing area, and kids room.

Comment

I bought a 50 pint dehumidifier off of amazon. rebuilt they wanted 220 bucks, signed up for the amazon card got it for 20 bucks and free shipping. then cancelled card. DEAL.

Comment

Haha. I opened my window. When the humidity outside never breaks 30ish it’s fine....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X