Discolored leaves because???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discolored leaves because???

Anyone have suggestions? Not sure why some of leaves discolored. About 20% of the leaves look like this from the beginning of the grow and still occurring on some new leaves. Symptoms are much more prominent in the Headband strain than the other two strains. Plants are in virgin Fox Farms soil, no nutrients were added for 4 weeks of veg until about week 2 of flowering and just lightly once a week with the Fox Farms trio. I'm now in week four of flower. Lighting is LED 1200 watt equiv. Light usually been about 18 - 22 inches from the closest buds. Temp is mid 70's to upper 80's with about 65% humidity. I've been watering about every 3 days, top of the soil quite dry at that point. Plants are in about 3 - 4 gal. of soil.

Also, not much fragrance, especially in the Headband at week 4 of flower, though trichomes just starting to show.
    Thanks for any help.

Hey alohafred Check out the link below. It is an invaluable page. There are further links to possible solutions to your issues. You might even see things you didn't know were problems.

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

I would start with checking your pH levels. I'm still too new to be able to tell you exactly what you're looking at. I use FF as well and never really had an issue. Good luck and happy growing.

Comment

I agree with both previous posts. By lookin at your picture my 1st thought is ph. But if you go to growweedeasy link gingerbread left up there you can compare your entire plant to the pictures read the cause and cures and it would be easier to diagnose because you know what you've done and you have more than one leaf to look at. Write back though we're all here happy to give our two cents. Good luck

TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
        s silver haze... strawberry haze...
        .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
        TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
        2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
        TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
        3 gallon pots all autos
        Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
        👇my one n only journal👇
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

So I spent the good part if every night off reading up on cannabis. Particularly illness, deficiency, and so on. Not that you have that amount of time, but it gave me a huge advantage when I began my grow.
          Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
          300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
          Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
          FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

Thanks all for your responses. I saw some photos at the link: (https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures) that I hadn't seen yet on this site. The closest photos look like it could either be broad mites, thrips, or pH fluctuations. I've been adjusting my water/nutrients to keep the pH between about 6 - 6.8 according to my test strips. Don't know if can see the broad mites under magnification but will try looking for them and thrips with magnifying glass and consider insecticidal soap. If I use the soap, may do gentle rinse with water before harvest. Any additional advise is welcome.
            Mahalo!!!

Comment

I'm still leaning towards ph but you can do this and it won't hurt the girls. Take a regular spray bottle and put a tbsp of regular hydrogen peroxide you buy at Walmart and 5 drops of dishwashing liquid then fill the bottle with water. Then when your lights turn off for the night spray the girls down real good especially under the leaves. Make sure you leave your fans running which they should be running 24/7 anyways. I do this once a month as part of my routine to help with mold and bugs the peroxide also gives them a boost of oxygen
              TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
              s silver haze... strawberry haze...
              .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
              TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
              2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
              TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
              3 gallon pots all autos
              Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
              👇my one n only journal👇
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X