Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new plant starts turning to yellow...? nitrogen probs? pH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! new plant starts turning to yellow...? nitrogen probs? pH?

hi!

never succeeded growing from start to finnish...yet... =D new gears, LED100W instead of HPS250 and new fan...
    its a hotter time around here now 25 outside the growing room/box so i have probs keeping the insidetemp (growingspace) under 29celcius...
    light seems ok not to hot when doing hand 10cm from LED-test and LUX is ca 35-39K. distance ca 60cm.
    anyways...1 plant ca 2weeks old now autoflower feminized starts to look droopy and yellowish ;( see pic. this pic was before watering. i also lowered pH of water because it was ca 7,5 ...now its ca 6,5 i used tiny vinager in water hope thats ok...?
    other 2 smaller plants not autos and ca 1 week old but good darkish green color yet...
    tips what may have caused the oldest biggest flower to look pale?

also is it ok doing plants with 1 weeks difference in startingtime as the once in the picture...?

PS! the little plant with heavy curled leaves looks good now - it was a spider that curled it as a roof, the spider has got a new home now =D

many regards
    Still hoping/dreamin to make my first successful grow
    Last edited by dancer2021; 06-25-2020, 04:41 AM.

I do not mean to sound harsh but I am going to attempt to answer a question with a question. Why did you not just attempt 1 plant at a time why waist 3 if you are unsure of your grow skills? Why do something and then ask is it OK?
    Just seems to be a no plan way to grow seriously and get good smoke. Now since you did what you did mixed the grow with auto and photo. Is your light just 100watt from the wall do you know?
    I have done what you are attempting. Yes to beginning auto first then photos but...........here's to hoping your auto finishes before you need to flip those photos to 12/12 unless you have a large grow area?
    We all get excited about seeing these folks with excellent buds and plants but it takes some planning, knowledge and time to do it. I really wish you luck hope you can pull it off.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dancer2021
      dancer2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanx for reply. all ansvers is good. i know i took a risk and i am a noob still learning every day thats why i asked for strategies n tips. because i have failed 3 times allready i wanted to increase the chanses so i did all 3 seeds, yes i thought i had only all autos first now its too late.. i admit i am in a little bit of rush since this is all about medicinal CB for me.
      my biggest worry now is the biggestplant is turning pale green...and a little yellowish around edges...

-"Is your light just 100watt from the wall do you know?"
      mm dont know if i fully understand but yes its only 100w LED above the plants. the lux is good (ca 35-39k) right above the plants when i messure with meter.
      the area is small ca 1x1,5 area and roof is leaning from ca 1-1,5meters.

regards

Some more info on the grow media will help.
    Aside from the ph'd water, when and how much are you watering?
    How old?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• dancer2021
      dancer2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanx for answer.
      soil with ca 40% perlite. no added nutrients except the basenutrients from the soil itself yet.
      Give ca1 cup (250ml) water per seedling in beginning. Pouring water slowly in a small circle around the base of the seedling.
      trying not to give water again until the top part of the soil is mostly dry maybe waiting 2-3 days.
      will ramp up watering.
      the biggest plant is ca 16 days the smaller ones ca 9days.

i am adding some extra CO2 in this early stage but will stop soon.

regards

SoOrbudgal Has a great answer. It's awesome to be eager and willing, none of us want to see you set yourself up for failure though. You have the right idea, and are on the right track, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Take it slow, my friend.
    Ask questions, take notes, and check your pH regularly. 😌

2 x 2 x 4 Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

MiracleGro soil (0.06 - 0.02 - 0.02)
    Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)

Comment

• dancer2021
      dancer2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanx for answer. yes i was too desperate i admit its because my need of medicinal CB and also the result of too little knowledge...
      afraid of failing another time i stressed it too much.

regards

I would recommend the same strain in all pots for a newb! It is easier to care for them when you have an issue, and then the time to flower can vary greatly.
    What I can see is they look to wet, how heavy is the pot when you water?
    The CO2 is a waist of money, if you breath you have plenty.

Comment

• dancer2021
      dancer2021 commented
      Editing a comment
      hi thanx for answer n tips! the CO2 was made of sugar and baking-Hefe but still i will not do any more then...
      didnt think pot was heavy when watered - i read in another place "water 500ml in beginning and slowly ramp up..." i have taken less and waited til top soil is dry...the pots and soil makes good drainage...

but afraid the biggest plant is soon dead!? yellowish and droopy the leaves at bottom ;( see new picture... (yellow leave-tops and edges ;( )

see new picture... (yellow leave-tops and edges ;( )
    the whole plant is more pale green now ;(
    Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      i don't think this soil is to good. it needs more air less compact.

thanx SoOrbudgal i need all tips! =D aha ok so more perlite then now in other words? an early move to a new pot with new soil and more perlite or even mix in Lightweight expanded clay aggregate (LECA) or expanded clay (exclay) ?
    you think its roots have tough time expanding and oxygen is low to them so they dont take up nutrients from soil?
    when to start adding extra nutrients when watering you think?
    Last edited by dancer2021; 06-27-2020, 11:29 AM.

Comment

PS! i have added i tiny extra soil on top because i thought it was to low and that stem needed support maybe thats why it looks compact. SoOrbudgal

i have got cocosfibersoil now, i think you guys call it coconut coir. is that better? should i mix it with sometin? should i change soil in all 3 tiny pots now or just the big one that is about to die else?
      Last edited by dancer2021; 06-27-2020, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Coco needs to be treated like a hydro system.
        The media doesn't have any nutes, so you MUST add them to your solution.
        Feed your plants.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space

Comment

Stop!?! I think you should just slow down because you are just doing way to many changes. It looks to me that your soil is to hot (to many nutrients). If it were my grow I would just let the plants settle in the soil you have... just use ph water only, once the top of the soil gets dry. When you water, water enough that you get a fair amount of runoff and check the runoff waters ph. If that ph is above 7 or below 6 the next time you want to ph your water to adjust your ph in the runoff. Example... if your runoff water has a ph of 5.5 you will want to water with a ph close to 7.... if your ph is 7.5 you want to water with ph close to 6.... everytime you make big changes you shock your plants and it will take 2 - 5 days to make a recovery so if you're changing things every other day they don't have a chance to adjust to the last change. Always remember that less is more cannabis is a weed which is why we call it weed if you allow it to grow it will. As for nutrients I would wait for about 2 - 3 weeks before adding any unless your plants tell you that they are hungry. What I mean is if the leaves start to get lime green it's time to feed again remember less is more start your nutrients at half of what the bottle says then watch the plants if they stay a nice dark green your good... if the tips of the leaves start to brown like they are now this normally means to much food if the leaves get a lighter green they need more food..
          hope this helps you... have patience less is more. Also go to growweedeasy.com not the forum and read and read and then read more lol.... good luck
          TENT 1 4x4 SF7000
          s silver haze... strawberry haze...
          .. gg4 and cheese berry auto thrown from the auto hut
          TENT 2 2X4 SF2000
          2x Thundersuck... og Jimmy... flo.... blue cheese
          TENT 3 2X4 SF2000 + 2 113w blurples
          3 gallon pots all autos
          Weddingcake..2 red Gorilla girl..2 cinderella jack

All growing in living soil using Earth Dust
          👇my one n only journal👇
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oh-and-journal

Comment

Clipped from growweedeasy.

Cons of Growing Cannabis in Coco Coir
            • Must Provide Nutrients from the Beginning – Coco coir is an inert growing medium with no inherent nutritional value, so growers must provide nutrients and manage pH throughout the grow. However, this is also the case for many soil growers as well. Unless starting with composted super soil and using high-quality water, most soil growers end up having to add nutrients and manage pH just like with coco coir.
            • You Need a Cal-Mag Supplement – Cannabis plants grown in coco coir tends to need more calcium compared to other growing mediums, so usually, a standard “Cal-Mag” supplement is needed to make sure plants get all the calcium they need. These contain calcium as well as magnesium (which is needed for your plant to be able to use the calcium properly). Two great Cal-Mag supplements for cannabis are CaliMagic by General Hydroponics or CaliMagic by Botanicare. If you’re using a different nutrient company, chances are they have their own version of a Cal-Mag supplement. Whenever using any supplements, it’s a great idea to stick with the same company as your base nutrients in order to prevent the chance of unexpected interactions between two different brands.
            • Coco coir usually comes in dry bricks, so the bricks have to be re-hydrated before you can grow plants in the coir (explained below, it’s actually really easy). However, if you don’t mind spending a little bit more, there are pre-made mixes with coco coir that are formulated specifically for plants like cannabis.

Coco coir holds onto a lot of moisture but also holds onto more air than similar materials, so your plant roots get the oxygen they need to thrive. When mixed with perlite, it provides an ideal amount of water and air for cannabis roots. Coco coir drains well so plants are less likely to get overwatered, but it also holds onto nutrients so you use less fertilizer.

Once your plants are in a good coco coir mix, you just add nutrients, water and light to get happy plants.
            WHAT???
            5x5 grow space

Comment

These folks here are giving you some good advice. It seems certain that you are over complicating things and making changes too rapidly. Coco is a fine medium for someone who has the experience but it's not the best for someone just getting their green jeans dirty for the first time. My suggestion to you would be to take these babies and gently transfer them to some honest to gosh soil and let them grow like real plants. If you have a sunlit window sill or place you can give them some real sun they will thank you by thriving. You can always move them back under the light in the evening if you want to extend the photo period. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the grow but there is a fine line between lovingly taking care of your plants and loving them to death. Like children plants want a secure stable environment to grow and thrive. Give them a chance to put out some roots and develop a bit more and then worry about feeding them once they are established. Keep it simple and you will be rewarded. Best of luck -

Comment

Originally posted by MeEasy View Post
                Stop!?! I think you should just slow down because you are just doing way to many changes. It looks to me that your soil is to hot (to many nutrients). If it were my grow I would just let the plants settle in the soil you have... just use ph water only, once the top of the soil gets dry. When you water, water enough that you get a fair amount of runoff and check the runoff waters ph. If that ph is above 7 or below 6 the next time you want to ph your water to adjust your ph in the runoff. Example... if your runoff water has a ph of 5.5 you will want to water with a ph close to 7.... if your ph is 7.5 you want to water with ph close to 6.... everytime you make big changes you shock your plants and it will take 2 - 5 days to make a recovery so if you're changing things every other day they don't have a chance to adjust to the last change.

-------------------thanx i will try to take it easier =D but its hard when your new to it and have failed 3times allready and now the biggest plant looked like its going to die so i got extra stressed about it...
                =D
                i just read/learned the same tips about ph and meassure runoff water that you describes here =D i am getting overwealmed about all i have read on the website here (not forum).

Always remember that less is more cannabis is a weed which is why we call it weed if you allow it to grow it will. As for nutrients I would wait for about 2 - 3 weeks before adding any unless your plants tell you that they are hungry. What I mean is if the leaves start to get lime green it's time to feed again remember less is more start your nutrients at half of what the bottle says then watch the plants if they stay a nice dark green your good... if the tips of the leaves start to brown like they are now this normally means to much food if the leaves get a lighter green they need more food..
                hope this helps you... have patience less is more. Also go to growweedeasy.com not the forum and read and read and then read more lol.... good luck
                --------------yes now the biggest plant leaves got pale green and the edges yellowish and tips brownish so it could be both too much n too little food am i right =D ? i havent added extra nuuts beside the soil that has some base nuuts added.

Comment

-----thanxs ok sounds like i will wait with coco coir til i mowe biggest plant to a new bigger pot then. i will mix coco perlite and soil with bases nuuts in it. and if plants looks pale add a little extra nuut with watering.
                  ifu using clamag tab it will make pH lower too right...

Originally posted by gbauto View Post
                  Clipped from growweedeasy.

Cons of Growing Cannabis in Coco Coir
                  • Must Provide Nutrients from the Beginning – Coco coir is an inert growing medium with no inherent nutritional value, so growers must provide nutrients and manage pH throughout the grow. However, this is also the case for many soil growers as well. Unless starting with composted super soil and using high-quality water, most soil growers end up having to add nutrients and manage pH just like with coco coir.
                  • You Need a Cal-Mag Supplement – Cannabis plants grown in coco coir tends to need more calcium compared to other growing mediums, so usually, a standard “Cal-Mag” supplement is needed to make sure plants get all the calcium they need. These contain calcium as well as magnesium (which is needed for your plant to be able to use the calcium properly). Two great Cal-Mag supplements for cannabis are CaliMagic by General Hydroponics or CaliMagic by Botanicare. If you’re using a different nutrient company, chances are they have their own version of a Cal-Mag supplement. Whenever using any supplements, it’s a great idea to stick with the same company as your base nutrients in order to prevent the chance of unexpected interactions between two different brands.
                  • Coco coir usually comes in dry bricks, so the bricks have to be re-hydrated before you can grow plants in the coir (explained below, it’s actually really easy). However, if you don’t mind spending a little bit more, there are pre-made mixes with coco coir that are formulated specifically for plants like cannabis.

Coco coir holds onto a lot of moisture but also holds onto more air than similar materials, so your plant roots get the oxygen they need to thrive. When mixed with perlite, it provides an ideal amount of water and air for cannabis roots. Coco coir drains well so plants are less likely to get overwatered, but it also holds onto nutrients so you use less fertilizer.

Once your plants are in a good coco coir mix, you just add nutrients, water and light to get happy plants.

Comment

• MeEasy
                    MeEasy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hahaha you don't even know how much harder it will be to not touch em once the buds start you will stand in front of em and want to punch yourself in the face to keep from touching em... I don't remember if you had said what soil you are using but some soil has allot of added nutes that are not very cannabis friendly. Also what lights are you using and how far are they? I'll try to give you what little knowledge I have to help you or I'm sure somebody will jump in. That's why we are all here.

thanx i dont need i have enoug LUX from sunlight in my windows i have meassured it.
                  i will soon transfer them to a bigger pot. so the biggest plant doesnt look like its about to die soon? maybe i am too afraid i will fail with my plants another time, the tries i did before the plants didnt get older then maybe 2 weeks but that was under totally other conditions...

Originally posted by crucialbunny View Post
                  These folks here are giving you some good advice. It seems certain that you are over complicating things and making changes too rapidly. Coco is a fine medium for someone who has the experience but it's not the best for someone just getting their green jeans dirty for the first time. My suggestion to you would be to take these babies and gently transfer them to some honest to gosh soil and let them grow like real plants. If you have a sunlit window sill or place you can give them some real sun they will thank you by thriving. You can always move them back under the light in the evening if you want to extend the photo period. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the grow but there is a fine line between lovingly taking care of your plants and loving them to death. Like children plants want a secure stable environment to grow and thrive. Give them a chance to put out some roots and develop a bit more and then worry about feeding them once they are established. Keep it simple and you will be rewarded. Best of luck -

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X