RSO, Dry Sift or Bubble Hash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSO, Dry Sift or Bubble Hash

So I'm heading to the final weeks of my growing cycle and I'm starting to wonder whats the best thing to do with the trim of my buds. I'm expecting something between 25-40 grams of trim. What would you recommend? Never done any of theses techniques before, so I don't know much about it. thanks!

I'd say Bubble Hash is the most user friendly. Just havr to invest in the right type of screen bags and a few buckets!
    Have some fun. 😌

8 x 8 x 5 Camping Tent
    300W full-spectrum light

Locally Sold Soil (0.04- 0.01 - 0.01)

Humboldts Secret Calmag & Iron (2-0-0)
    FlowerFuel (0-34-32)​

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      And can produce the highest quality product

If those were my choices for a couple ounces of trim, I'd get gallon size bubble bags and go for dry sift. Although, it's incredibly difficult to find a convenient place to buy dry ice where I am.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

The real question is what do you want to do with whatever you make? Also, whether or not you actually like smoking hash. Some people like it while others don't. So if you don't like hash, you'll just be wasting your time. I usually make mine into RSO and make edibles with it. I made some BHO for the first time just recently, that was pretty good. If you like dabs, BHO could be another option. Just do yourself a favor and do it outside so you don't blow your house up. I feel like BHO is a missing tutorial on GWE, I had to look elsewhere on how to do it correctly.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I've tried to get a discussion going about blasting your own BHO but no one ever picks up on it. I'm going to get some organic solvent and a small vacuum chamber for my next harvest. I'm not much of a smoker-toker. I'm much more the dab fellow. Gots me a small tube and an ouncer.

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        The thing is to do bho properly you need a vacuum chamber and it’s just difficult to do right, moisture in the environment is the primary concern but temperature, the quality of the butane and the filtering method are also very important. Basically it’s a lab thing

• gbauto
        gbauto commented
        Editing a comment
        BHO will make some nice extracts but unless you're diligent with safety precautions it can be tricky.
        I use cryo-ethanol extraction for my concentrates. I run an EtOH pro to recover the solvent and do post-processing.
        For small batches, I would sacrifice the alcohol to make the shatter.

Originally posted by dphipps1020 View Post
      The real question is what do you want to do with whatever you make? Also, whether or not you actually like smoking hash. Some people like it while others don't. So if you don't like hash, you'll just be wasting your time. I usually make mine into RSO and make edibles with it. I made some BHO for the first time just recently, that was pretty good. If you like dabs, BHO could be another option. Just do yourself a favor and do it outside so you don't blow your house up. I feel like BHO is a missing tutorial on GWE, I had to look elsewhere on how to do it correctly.
      I like hash a lot, not a big fan of edibles ehehe. also I'm not 100% confident about RSO or BHO cause I never done it, so I'm a little scared of the solvent thing. guess I will go with the solventless options...

thanks for your comment!

Comment

I have only completed 2 grows I'm harvesting my 3rd now. I bought bubbling bags through Amazon and made hash using ice and water method from GWE tutorial from both of the first 2 grows. It is my primary smoke and tend to only smoke flower when others were around before the Virus. I then give the trim and liquid from making hash to a friend who uses it to make tea and eats some of the trim like greens with butter and pepper.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          All the leaves of the plant are edible. Blanching is recommended because the leaves are scratchy and hard to palate. They're the only greens I get.

• mozzarella
          mozzarella commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks man! how many grams did you use? and whats the final yield you got with the bubbling bags?

• Poppa
          Poppa commented
          Editing a comment
          I put all trim from the Somango XXL and White Rhino together totaling 4.03 oz and made 16.4 grams that was a weight taken when close to dry. I got 8.3 grams from my white widow trim of 3.37 oz and that is dry ready to smoke. I will be making hash that way again in next week or 2 and will get better idea of trim weight to dry hash weight.

Hi I use a sifter box "RYOT" maybe this link will help : https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...m-kief-to-hash
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• mozzarella
          mozzarella commented
          Editing a comment
          hey! thansk for your comment. do you thinks sifting makes bigger yields than bubble bags?

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          I know for sure that dry ice sift yields more than bubble bags because sifting breaks down tiny pieces of leaves that en up in your hash

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure I never use a bubble bag

I have now made hash 4 times using bags, water and ice. The first time I did not have the paint mixer suggested in the GWE tutorial (they send me a grill ) tossing out what the 160 micron bag collected it turned out pretty much like whats shown in the tutorial. The 2nd and 3rd times using mixer with a drill and tossing out the 160 bag what I made turned out more like a resin like all the trichomes had burst and were mashed into a paste. It smoked good but stuck to your fingers and hard to work with. On Saturday a friend( who helped me on my 2nd and 3rd tries) and I put on some PPE and made the hash I'll now outline. I took the 53.5 grams of White Rhino trim and 78.4 of Somango XXL trim from my last grow for a total 131.9 grams trim had got a little dryer than I wanted (had dehumidifier and central air running) it to get but still worked out okay. With the gooeyness of the last 2 times I made hash with paint mixer I elected to try something different instead of stacking multiple bags and tossing out what was collected in the 160 micron bag I only used the 220 bag for mixing and the 25 micron bag for collecting. It took from Saturday night thru last night to go from a 27 gram weight to where checking weight last night and again this morning 20.3 grams of dry ready to smoke product. Leaving in the plant matter that would have been collected in the 160 micron bag gave this batch a more user friendly consistency it can be handled and broken up without it sticking to my fingers. I got 20.3 grams from this batch and will be using the 106.9 grams of trim from the White Widows I harvested to make what I primarily smoke in next couple of days and will update with that info once dried and ready to smoke.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2371.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	423499Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2370.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	3.28 MB
ID:	423500Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2372.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	423501

Comment

• mozzarella
          mozzarella commented
          Editing a comment
          looking fire! I really love hash <3
          can't wait to make my own

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2380.JPG
Views:	387
Size:	2.63 MB
ID:	425518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2381.JPG
Views:	372
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	425519Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2374.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	425520 I made the White Widow hash last Friday from the little over 3 ounces of trim I got 16.4 grams hash once dried. Tried it last night was very tasty and had a pleasurable affect. Now for a couple of things I have learned only do the mix drain and collection 2 times per batch in 1st picture the green is what comes from 3 collection mostly plant matter and not worth the time it takes to get. I also found it is best to use 2 of the drying / press mats the 1st you put harvest on when first removing from bag. The second is to move what you have collected onto once it firms up this will leave material on the first screen that can be seen in the 2nd picture . Leave that on the first mat and let dry for ease of removing from drying mat THROW IT OUT once dried it will be full of the chemicals from the water and will taste like it yes I tried it.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X