Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this leaf miner damage?

Title says it all
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you it's not leaf miners. Probably a sap sucker. Someone else will tell you.
    Pick off one of your leaves and take a look at the underside. Do it in blurpleless light. Take real close up pictures of the underside and top. Someone else is going to tell you what it is. Knowing how to identify it yourself in the future is muy helpful. Muy!
    How many leaves are showing?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

What is your growing medium? By the pic id say thrips. Tiny little bastards that dont usually appear on the plants unless you have a real infestation of them. I had them when i grew in a soil mixture medium. i think they came pre packaged in the soil i bought from garden store. Spend most of their time in the dirt and are nearly impossible to see in there.
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Tent
      Bruce Banner
      Kushy Kush
      2Cookies and cream

Comment

Yeah I tried to id it from the plant problems section but i didnt see anything that I thought looked quite like this.

So far just this leaf as far as I can tell. Here some better photos, hard to make it out on the back in the photo but you can tell it's there looking at it in hand.

Also now that I conside it, if it makes any difference I'm in Arizona if that narrows down potential possibilities
        stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
        ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
        bloom plus LED 300W
        Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

Comment

So..what are you growing them in? soil,coco, store bought soil? Your growing in a tent so unless you take your plants outside during the day i think you can rule out leaf hoppers( their usually pretty colorful and you can see them with the naked eye0. Leaf miners show up as a line thru the leaf, yours are more small dots. I dont see any webbing or tiny dots under the leaves to indicate mites. Next time you water a plant, give the top layer of soil a good wetting and then watch the soil carefully. You might even see some of them moving around..usually dark brown or black.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
            Matriumcauthon commented
            Editing a comment
            Fox farms ocean forest soil in fabric pots. I've not seen anything but a few flies and a gnat or two that flew in while I had it open. In a garage unfortunately and I built the box myself so I'm not as safe from bugs as I'd like. Need to water them tonight so I'll bring a light and keep an eye on the soil while I water. Thanks!

If it is the little suckers how should i go about getting rid of them?

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            im not sure i ever eliminated them..but you need to hit them early before your plant starts to bud. Cause the shit you have to use is an insecticide, and you dont want to spray that on any buds. I first used Ortho Bug -b-gone then switched to Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Next time you water/feed your plant, spray the underside of leaves real good..then top of leaves. Let it dry off and then give the top of the soil a good spray. Once the top of the soil dries out(wait till its dry), sprinkle a good layer of diatomaceous earth over the top of the soil.(you'll have to re apply after each water) they probably came with your soil..fungus gnats are pretty common with bag soil too. Go buy some yellow sticky sheets for them. any hardware store or garden centers got them.

Yes, looks like it.
          ...try organic insect soap.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Its thrips for sure. Not leaf miner.
            Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
            You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

That is leaf hopper damage. We have several species here in AZ. Usually it is just cosmetic damage unless they get out of hand. Never had a problem with any real damage from them. Watch out for root aphids they can be terrible here in AZ.

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
              Matriumcauthon commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks! that makes sense, didnt know what they were till i just googled the name but ive seen leaf hoppers around.

are the root aphids something id see while watering my plants? or how do i spot them early on? also if it makes any difference to the pests im up in the high country.

lastnight while caring for my girls i pulled them out for a thorough look over and found a little more damage, but unlike the first i saw it was spots not lines of spots. comparing what i found to the leafhopper article i think desertdan has the right of it, now to read on how to rid myself of them. thanks for the help everyone!

hmmm ok ive read on, now im curious i have my plants in flowering and hope that theyll be ready to harvest in the next 2-4 weeks, should i still use the spinosad or not since im in mid/late flowering? should i just go out and catch a few lady bugs to trap in my box for a day or three to let nature do its thing?
            Last edited by Matriumcauthon; 06-02-2020, 01:41 PM.
            ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
            bloom plus LED 300W

Comment

That close to harvest I wouldn't worry about leaf hoppers because the damage is mostly cosmetic and they seem to leave the flowers alone. Root aphids would be crawling in the soil. Not so much a problem in the high country.

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
                Matriumcauthon commented
                Editing a comment
                well thats where im hoping im at at least lol first grow and im already 9 weeks past my switch to 12/12. these were supposed to be 9 week flowering but i switched them after only 6 weeks veg and im thinking they just wernt mature enough to flower yet. but comparing my most progressed girl to the flowering article im guessing shes only a few weeks out, but at this point its all guess work.

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                good catch desertdan. You should be able to see the leafhopper(s) if their still lingering in the tent or on your plants. And with that little damage i dont think you need to worry about it. The one's i see around our neck of the woods are usually quite colorful.. so their easy to see. hard as hell to try and squish um..their quick.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X