Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GEAYAAAHHHH! My first attempt at LST did not go well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GEAYAAAHHHH! My first attempt at LST did not go well...

So, my Acapulco Gold has been getting pretty bushy. I decided to start hands-on with low stress training, as I have limited vertical space to play with. I'm using long pipe cleaners to secure my branches. The first one worked pretty good. Somehow, during the second attempt, I broke off the branch right at the base. No possibility of taping.

No questions or appeals for help, just sympathetic ears Learn from my mistake.
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

You could always try to make a clone of it if it hasn't been too long. Otherwise, damn! I like Acapulco Gold too - I'm growing out a mom to clone for the next grow.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Imma really sorry I will cry witcha clone it !
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn't even consider cloning, so i ran to the trash...nope. Hopefully, my AG will soldier on.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I’ve broken more than my share of branches, still do sometimes. I wish I could say it gets better but it sucks to break a branch, no way around it. That being said, the benefits of LST far outweigh the cons of breaking a branch so breaking a branch here and there won’t stop me.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

I feel your pain. It has happened to me many times. I just ran with it as nothing i could do. Basically take it as a learning curve. Good luck

Comment

any cracks or cuts are fixed with any tape and a smear of honey !
              yes honey its about the only thing natural thats antiseptc

...clonex can work too

Comment

take your time when doing lst. Just bend it a little then next day a little more. Also as soon as i can tie down a branch i start. also try to tie down close to the end of the limb. But take your time and everyday pull down gradually.

Comment

That sucks. I'm going to be positive though and say at least it was just one branch and you didn't wishbone the whole manifold. Done that a few times and it sucks.

Comment

• BR2K
                    BR2K commented
                    Editing a comment
                    True that!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X