Anyone tried this on purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried this on purpose?

Had a plant I really liked. Decided to cut it off when ready to harvest leaving 3 small lowest branches with some underdeveloped buds. Put it back in veg with the plan to treat new growth with STS (silver) to make some feminized seeds to save for another grow. To my surprise it pushed out much bigger and stronger than the original plant before the harvest. Made my seeds and got more yield than original harvest. Got finished product much quicker than starting over from seed. I usually use some clones for making seeds but when I do that I don’t always know if it will be a phenotype that I want to make seeds from cause it hasn’t budded yet. Has anyone tried this before? Of course I could have just as easily let it re-bud without the STS treatment and then get a second harvest of sensimilla.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Sounds like you just monster cropped...

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Why "Monstercrop" a Marijuana Plant? What Strain Works Best? Monstercropping to Increase Yields Indoors

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I’ve always wondered if you could harvest a plant multiple times but never experimented with it. After reading the article on supercroppng that Gingerbeard posted I’m going to be trying it. I have a very resilient, super fast growing Indica about to get switched to 12/12 and she’s a candidate according to the article.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Will update in a few months lol

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I had a tomatoe plant when I had a real garden. Huge sucker. It was a heavy end-of-season clean up so I left the stumps for laziness. Dang it all if the plants didn't come back up!. Like I said, end of season. They produced but nothing like the beginning of a regular season..

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve seriously never heard of this. I always cut mine down with a big set of garden sheers or even a saw on some outdoor plants so there’s no room to miss. Way I see it with this method, you’re already cutting the thing down so why not leave a bit of the bottom which would get tossed anyways and see if it’ll produce a little bonus bud. If not oh well

If you are looking to keep a pheno with specific traits, you can’t just spray with silver and harvest the seeds. You currently have a seed stock of that is a genetic lottery. There is lots of work that goes into isolating traits you want to keep. You should do more research on proper breeding techniques to isolate traits.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s not me you are disagreeing with here. This is well known among anyone who knows anything about genetics. This subject is not limited to plants... farm animals, domestic pets... the list goes on. People have been doing this for thousands of years. You are saying you disagree and are the only one in the world who knows a short cut to stabilization? You skip the stabilization process all together. Well, if you know better than the professional breeders that sell their prize winning genetics, then you have just revolutionized the seed manufacturing industry. Try publishing your findings in this case. The professional breeders are just wasting their time, money, and space to stabilize... agreed?
        You should invest your idea into a business and you will make stable seeds available for a fraction of the cost and you will be rich from your process improvements.
        Get back to me after that happens.
        ✌️

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        Toker1 so you are saying that if I begin with one of your stabilized cannabis seeds, plant it, grow it out, treat it with sts, and create feminized seeds of the stabilized cultivar that somehow the seeds thus created cease to be stabilized?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. The hidden traits will begin to show. Might not be very noticeable the first round... but in future generations you will see noticeable differences.

Precisely.
      Revegging(monstercroppting) a girl is a viable method to keep the genetics.
      Any time you use STS to produce pollen/seeds, you just entered the lottery just like any other breeding attempt.

WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• Korn
        Korn commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree. All the genetics are contained in the seed. It’s like saying a clone is genetically different than the mother.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Korn you really need to do more research here. There are hidden traits inside every seed and clone. They don’t show up if they are stabilized properly. What you are doing is allowing hidden traits to become physical traits in your future seeds. Hence this genetic lottery discussion.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X