Planter pot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planter pot question

When starting out seedlings should I use smaller planter pot's to start with and then transplant into bigger pot's as they progress? Or start out with big ones and not have to transplant at all?

Welcome Matty! If you haven't yet read the GWE tutorial, I highly recommend it: https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-to-...abis-seedlings

FWIW, I drop a seed in water for up to 24 hours, put in a paper towel to germinate and then into a solo cup. Then, when they're ready, I transplant into a bigger container (1, 3 or 5 gallon). I'm a newbie too, learning as I go. Good luck!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

Hey Matty101 Either will work but the gradual upping of small to large pots is supposed to be better. A search on the GWE website will give you better information.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Matty101
        Are they Autoflower or Photoperiod? What size pots?
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Photo period and the pots I'm planning to use are 12 inches high by 12 inches in diameter .

Comment

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            You would benefit to go shot glass to 4" to 6" to the final container if you are comfortable transplanting, it's not that hard but there is a art to it and it can happens fast.

Autoflowers plants should go from shot glass to final container for best results.

I started out planting germinated seeds in a 1 gallon, to a 2 gallon, to the final 5 or 7 gallon fabric pot. Now I skip the middle and only transplant once from a 1 gallon to the final. Works really well for me and they only have to recover from one transplant that way. Everyone does it a little bit different, I hope you find what works for you. Happy growing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X