No announcement yet.

300 watt led grow light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man I hear ya. I gave up buying bud. Im only growing for personal use and hook up a few friends here and there. 2 more months! I like your outlook on things! I throw some pics up tonight...peace!

Comment

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Im spending my last pennies on street smokes,luckily they are better than they were couple years ago,not quality but still good!

Here's a quote from one of my fav novels,The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

"Well, that's what we're all about here. C'mon, I'll show you." She motioned for me to follow her
      and we walked around the metal building to a plot of beans. I noticed they appeared to be exceptionally
      healthy, with no noticeable insect damage or dead leaves. The plants were growing in what appeared to
      be a highly humus, almost fluffy soil, and each plant was carefully spaced, the stems and leaves of one
      growing near but never touching those of the next.

She pointed to the closest plant. "We've tried to look at these plants as total energy systems, and
      think of everything they need to flourish-soil, nutrients, moisture, light. What we have found is that the
      total ecosystem around each plant is really one living system, one organism. And the health of each of
      the parts impacts on the health of the whole."

She hesitated, then said, "The basic point is that once we started thinking about the energy rela-
      tionships all around the plant then we started seeing amazing results. The plants in our studies were not
      particularly larger, but according to nutritional criteria, they were more potent."

"How was that measure?"

"They contained more protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals."

She looked at me expectantly. "But that wasn't the most amazing thing!

We found that the plants which had the most direct human attention were even more potent."

"What kind of attention?" I asked.

"You know," she said, "fiddling with the ground around them, checking them every day. That sort
      of thing. We set up an experiment with a control group: some getting special attention, others not, and
      the finding was confirmed. What's more," she continued, "we expanded the concept and had a re-
      searcher not just give them attention but to mentally ask them to grow stronger. The person would
      actually sit with them and focus all his attention and concern on their growth."

"Did they grow stronger?"

"By significant amounts, and they also grew faster"
      "That's incredible."

So here are a few pics 1 day after defoliating. I know it doesn't look like much but I did pull off quite a bit. I'd like to give another week before I remove anymore. Is that a good plan? The one branch that I broke has already turned back up and looks fine. Its incredible how fast these plants heal. 1 question I have is some of the branches in center of plants don't seem very sturdy so I'm curious if these will stiffen up during flower to support the weight of buds? Plants labeled 1 and 2.

Comment

Man very nice job!!! Ofc it looks like u've plucked and it looks nicely done!I would give them more space in the middle but thats just me and how im learning to grow,could be wrong!

Just try letting all budsites get light and yes you can wait a week depending on how fast they are growing!!I can go in my tent every 2 days and witness a mad jungle from fans,now after the pistils started im going to be checking twice a day to make sure they are growing how they should,or at least getting the most of the light!!Yours seem to be perftectly evened out under the light so i wouldn't worry!!

About the branches/stems in the middle,if they aren't getting much light or if they are too small and look like they wont make it to flower and have nice buds,get rid of them!!!IF THEY ARE SMALL AND USELESS!! If they seem they can keep a decent small sized bud i wouldn't loose a smoke or two extra
      Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
      600W

LED
      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
      BioBizzLight Mix
      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
      Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
      Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
      Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Thanks I was hoping they would stiffen up during stretch because they have nice tops and I did clean them below canopy. Can I wait a week or two to make a decision on removing them or will that screw up my plants? I've only fed them twice with nutes so I'm hoping once I start feeding more often they will stiffen up some more also. I'm going to feed the 1 more time with veg nutes then onto flower nutes every other watering.

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you flipped?

Yes 4 days ago

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          It should start anytime now if it hasn't already!!Extreme crazy growth

We have Buds showing! So excited! They are stretching like crazy and smelling sweet already very fruity smell. Did some light defoliation again.

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          SHOWER CURTAIN HANGER!!!Yes yes yes sir !! Pagan would be well happy seeing that tie there haha!! Looking superb finch buddy!!Is that Vipar doing u good?

Very nice knuckles,good spread of the canopy and nice build!!You're gonna be a happy daddy

Lol thanks my friend. So far so good with the viparspectra. She runs cool quiet and girls seem to like her. Spread could be better but all in all for this size grow box she's doing well. Definitely going with a larger grow tent next time around. Girls are tight in there and I'd like to add a few more plants. We are allowed 12 plants per household now so need to take advantage of that! 2 plants was a good number for my first grow to get my feet wet. Plus my girls gave me 10 clones for my next grow 😉 pretty amazing I stuck 11 cuttings in soil with a bit of clover honey and 10 of them rooted! Who needs cloning gel...lol thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Ktfinch View Post
          Lol thanks my friend. So far so good with the viparspectra. She runs cool quiet and girls seem to like her. Spread could be better but all in all for this size grow box she's doing well. Definitely going with a larger grow tent next time around. Girls are tight in there and I'd like to add a few more plants. We are allowed 12 plants per household now so need to take advantage of that! 2 plants was a good number for my first grow to get my feet wet. Plus my girls gave me 10 clones for my next grow 😉 pretty amazing I stuck 11 cuttings in soil with a bit of clover honey and 10 of them rooted! Who needs cloning gel...lol thanks again!
          True about the cloning gel,there are many ways to do it,it's just "everything-in-a-box" marketing

You say 12 plants..What scale are you willing to take this to ?Meaning,are you willing to end up with 12 plants/pots in one tent vegging-flowering or have you thought of different ways to split up the 12 plants you are allowed?

May i suggest a quick+big harvest by pointing out Autos? They come in THC and CBD strains and will give you a very good yield especially if 12 of them in a Sea.Of.Green!

The 300w Vipar won't be doing you any good if you get a 8x8 to fit all 12 plants in there...
          I have been looking at 8x8 setups for quite a while now and i have come around to a small list...I will throw links and companies in the list just for reference to what im thinking of setting up so you can get images instead of just words and numbers instead of assumptions..

Tent : I will not go for anything less than a Gorilla Tent (https://www.gorillagrowtent.com/prod...nt=28980722567) tbh 8x8 is the best size for me to get more plants and have some space to move around,place a couple stools for me and the osc fans! Picture space is a personal need as i document every day.Ducting needs to be able to move around freely without being in your way when raising/lowering lights (for me and my aircooled hood) but still ducting and scrubs take space...
          Also i believe more space to spread out heat from sockets,controllers,ac units etc will be perfect!!

Medium/Pots/System : I am currently running the Wilma Small v2 which is nice and cheap,easy to use but very NOT well designed and hard to work with when changing nutes and taking measures!The pots sit ontop the tray/res which makes it even harder! I have decided i like hydro but i also like LST (which is hard in the wilma) and big plants,so i thought i need :

A) Space between plants and pots
          B) Taller Bucket for water/Nutes
          C) Easier feeding system

RDWC! What a gem in the world of cannabis man really... Here's the one i have my eye on and fits the 8x8 allowing me nice space for plants and my skinny arse to move around (or dance for that matter)..

They have different spacing between buckets and different bucket sizes for each system,here's their full catalogue on that site :

Lights : Ofc im sure most of the people here know i will go with Viparspectra for sure,the question that rises is if i will afford 2x900w or 1x900w and supplement that with MH/HPS depending on veg or flower period!Led for economy,Led for low temps,Led for everything besides penetration (Thus we defoliate to the bone!!)

Nutes for me are irrelevant,most will work and there's only a handful of GREAT companies out there anyway...Nebula names most of them in GWE starting guide...I will add Biobizz and Canna to that list which are two of the strongest upcoming companies in Organic and non products in the past 5 years!
          I have been using Canna Hydro and Aqua series and i can say the plants look ok,but i have not used anything else so i shouldn't really have an opinion...

Also...About the SoG and autos...Think about harvesting every 50-60 days from 12x(50-250g) a plant! Given the light ofc

Sorry i started this early and then my dog got in the way,i rolled a biff and the phone rang twice so if it has blanks let me know...

HPS/MH
          600W

LED
          2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
          BioBizzLight Mix
          Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
          CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

I think my next grow will be 4 to 6 plants to be honest I just don't have the space for an 8x8. I'll end up giving some of the clones away to friends. I just can't stand throwing out perfectly good cuttings...lol

I had a stupid moment today and broke a branch clean off! I rushed to tape it back on but I'm sure it's a loss. So pissed off at myself. Tried pinching off a fan leave and snap! Let's just say I won't do that again... not what I wanted to happen after a long ass day at work. Ugh!

Comment

I definitely will have to get 1 or 2 viparspectra 300 or 450 for the additional space. I did some research on dwc but not sure I'm ready for the additional cost for setup and to me it seems a bit more difficult compared to soil. I'll probably do soil at least 1 more time.

Comment

• Nartak
                Nartak commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes ofc i will also go for soil in my next grow!I can't afford that right now but grows will pay for their updates like good hardworking soldiers!Why get 450x2 when you can get 900x1 which replaces 1000w hps ? It's not so expensive for what it does

Do you think i would get more coverage with 2 450s or 1 900?

Comment

• Nartak
                Nartak commented
                Editing a comment
                2x450w can cover a 5x5,can go lower than the 900w and will run cooler..However the 900w will give you 1000w HID equivalent light where the 2x450w will give you 800w HID light..For the same money you get same space coverage and a bit more than double the light you want

Hey man incase ur not signed up for the newsletter on GWE check here the last one : http://www.growweedeasy.com/high-yield-bubbleponics-technique

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

Thanks bud! I read the whole thing the other day lol

Comment

Newbie question here. Can these fan leaves be removed near the bud sites or should I leave them?

Comment

Picture one i would say yes!Picture two i would go for the ones below the one you have pointed at because that one is getting light and is thin,the ones below it (on the stem to the left) get no light and are lower,which means there is already less light penetration and they are stopping it from reaching (if you have there) the budsites below!

If you want to be sure,figure out which ones are stopping the light and take a fan off each node!Check up Green's LEC grow for a detailed view of how he did it,but be warned,i wouldn't go THAT far right now!

HPS/MH
                    600W

LED
                    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                    BioBizzLight Mix
                    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X