300 watt led grow light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 watt led grow light

Hi guys and gals. New member here and was looking for some insight on my grow so far. I picked up a couple of clones on December 26th and transplanted them to 1 gallon pots with ffof soil on the 27th. I will be going to 2 gallon fabric pots in a couple of weeks. I'm currently using 17- 23 watt cfls in my 30in wide x 22in deep x 45in tall grow box. Temps have been between 75 to 81 lights on and 67 to 71 lights off. Rh has been around 40 using a humidifier outside grow box near intake vent. <br />
    <br />
    I know ffof soil is hot for a month or so, so only watering as of right now and will be using general hydro go box for nutes after a month. I started some lst and just wanted some opinions on how they look and if they are growing fast enough. I plan on upgrading from cfls to a 300 watt Mars hydro led or something similar. Any thought on what led light to get for a 100 bucks or so please advise! Money is an issue with my first grow so can't afford any US made lighting as of yet.<br />
    <br />
    Will that size led work in my grow box or will it be to powerful? I was planning on flipping them to flower once they get about 18in tall. I don't want any light burn so I'm a bit nervous about switching to led in my size grow box. Here's some pics of when I first transplanted and a couple of pictures I took 1/7. Thanks in advance!!!<br />
    <br />
    1st day in 1 gallon containers<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Pics taken yesterday below<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Kt Welcome

That very first pic see how the tips of the leaves are bending in a little? I think it's a little over watered, so be real careful about not letting it sit in water or water to often. The new pics look great , use your hand to see how close for the light if it burns you it will burn your babies.

And PH is real important just get use to making it at 6.00 plants respond to it very well. Have fun and ask away about your plants someone will always be around to help.

You didn't say what kind of plants you are growing what is the light schedule?
    Bubblehead
    4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
    4 Cures and a Life time gardener
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
    http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

I'm running a 300W LED with 5W individual LEDs from China which I got on eBay for AU$82.25 (somewhere around US$50 I think). Money is also an issue for me right now.

NB: This link is for eBay Australia, but might give you some ideas.

I can't comment on the quality of it, although it seems fine (solid enough construction, good cooling although a tad noisy), I've only had it running for a day or so. My sprouts seem to be OK with it so far, and I've seen growth.

I've got mine rigged about 2.5ft above the top of the sprouts. So far so good.

Comment

Sorry guys the strain is Grape Ape. Yes I was was watering a bit to much and now I've been using the pick up the pot technique to weigh it...lol. They seem to be doing much better now. Does the growth seem to be on track? Do you think i should start using nutes at 1/4 then half stregth before i hit a month with ffof soil? Lights are about a couple inches away. Do you guys think I should stick with the cfls or switch to low end led? I keep reading that the amazon leds are better for veg but not flower. I also read that I could supplement the led with 2700k cfls to help. Thoughts? Thank you
        Last edited by Ktfinch; 01-09-2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          You should put the CFLs right above the plant and not on the side

You should check out the Roleadro 300w 2nd Gen LED on Amazon. They're currently $69.99. I have 2 myself and they're great, tuned to 3k color and the plants love them, really seen a lot of new growth since switching to them!

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          thanks ghost.year.0 I was about to buy a 138W Roleandro UFO to supplement my p300 and your post turned me on to the 2nd gen 300W so I ordered one

Will do thanks I was also thinking of this one. Does anyone use this light?
        Last edited by Ktfinch; 01-10-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey are you going for 122$? Check this : http://a.co/hoPkaCX http://a.co/2O1cTGb i am forgetting who was it that has these lights on the forum but ive been checking them since he mentioned them and i find them the money for value perfect!I don't have one yet but in march im getting the 900w single row one!

• OregonTentLife
          OregonTentLife commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes.. Its pretty good so far. I have that exact one off amazon. Great packing, easy to use, and in having good times 😀 Its my first grow and money definitely a factor at the moment. I did a couple days of research and got it. It was 109 when I got it but yeah there 122 now. I want to get another as my tent would run two of these perfect. Just gotta learn how to grow first lol. Good luck! Oh for your space the 300 w might be better but the 450 is good, just run an inch higher, like 19 instead of 18 inch.

I thought of viparspectra or marshydro but I've heard they are not the best for flower due to very blue and white spectrum. If anyone uses them on the forum please share your thoughts! The meizhi seems to have a bit higher red spectrum and switches for veg and bloom plus par value is higher.
        Last edited by Ktfinch; 01-10-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• OregonTentLife
          OregonTentLife commented
          Editing a comment
          I am doing my first growing under the 450w meizhi. In veg at day 23. Led is intense but once I got my environment right this light rocks so far

• OcMaster
          OcMaster commented
          Editing a comment
          I have VIparspectra par600 full spectrum and has 3 switches for Red/Blue/White. Great unit. I also have the older mars300 i added to the grow when i switch to flower. I have picture in my grow thread which I should update. Have more updated picture but the image is too large to be uploaded and I am too lazy to find alternate site to upload them.

• Nartak
          Nartak commented
          Editing a comment
          First of upload images at https://eyimg.com drag n drop enabled and do the upload from url here 2nd of all how is that vipar treating you? Please i am really making a serious research about this piece!

In answer to your question. A 300w LED will cover a 24" x 24" area in veg and an 18"x 18" at the flowering distance.
        The tent hieight will be a limiting factor and waiting until you plant is 18" spells disaster. More like 9-12" max.
        I grow with MarsHydro product and a 300w would be fine, but you may want to consider one of the Marshydro reflector series as it has both grow and bloom settings. So one light through the whole grow and flexibility in settings if heat becomes an issue.
        It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Are you flowering with a 300 watt led? Any issues with bud size or density?

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I flower with a 300w MarsHydro or reflector 48 and get great quality buds of average size, but very dense. I do not grow one big cola as I want them to be equal in size and quality/ potency for medical usage.

That's exactly what I want to do so I'm glad to hear. I only plan on growing 2 plants at a time for personal use. I'm doing lst so I can get as many colas as possible. Can't go wrong for 70 bucks delivered. Any issues with leds burning out?

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            Never had one burn out and they run 20/4 often.

Someone else posted regarding the Roleandro 2nd gen. I have the 1st gen, called galaxyhydro (apparentlty same company) and have had good luck with it do far. Got it off amazon relatively inexpensively. Cfls are very nice too.
          Organic only soil grower
          Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
          Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Here's how they are living right now. Cfls are working well but thought I could increase yield and bud quality by switching to led and it would clean up my grow box with less crap hanging around lol

Comment

• Nartak
              Nartak commented
              Editing a comment
              They are looking nice,always like looking at cfl setups as they seem to make tent look more like a lab or somehting,prolly just their shape!!Would you mind checking up Green75's grows to see the mixture he has of white/yellow cfls,i can see you have them all white over the plants,prolly could help to mix that light up and get more of a "spectrum" !! As for leds yes,they make everything much easier in terms of space,hanging stuff and bud quality,yield i do not know about on either lamps but the best resin profile i have heard of is a mixture of led + 400w HPS ! If this is for medicinal use i would suggest that!! Mars Hydro and Viparspectra are the best ones ive seen being used more often...Two plants at a time you wouldn't need anything more than that...
              The 450w Viparspectra (400w MH equivalent) on 140$ the MarsHydro 300w is 150w HPS/MH equivalent for 80$ ...Put it all in your mixing bowl and see what suits u better !! I believe none of us is making benefits on you buying either of these lamps haha

Thanks Nartak!

Comment

So here are a few picks of my babies after some more lst yesterday and a few pics today veg day 18 under cfl. I also transplanted to 3 gallon fabric pots. Ordered a viparspectra 300 today so they will be under led on Monday. Hope they like it...lol

Comment

Do you guys think I need to remove any fan leaves yet or should I wait?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X