No announcement yet.

300 watt led grow light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ask me personally,there's way to much green there for my eyes!!Depends how you're gonna go about this,are you going to defoliate ,also i forgot,have you topped? are you willing to top ? Besides the center of the plant that needs a bit clearing out some leaves,looking rly good!!Don't just go plucking leaves,it's is not a must,it is something you should consider because you will be doing it till about week 2-3 of flowering to form the plant and boost the shoots up quicker!!Depending on you topping or not you should choose a method and stick to it slowly watching the reactions !!
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Being my first grow I'm nervous to do anything drastic. Being a mostly indica strain I didn't want to top due to it branching out nicely on its own. All the middle growth is basically the lower stuff coming up. I only have 45 inches of height in grow box so I figured to let them go to about 12 to 14 inches then flip which I'm hoping will be about 4 weeks of veg. So do you think i should pull some of the larger fan leaves down low around flip time? They are in fox farm ocean forest and I have only given 1 dose of veg nutes 1/4 strength. Planning to give another in a couple of days up into 2nd week of flower then start bloom nutes. Is that a good plan? Thanks
      Last edited by Ktfinch; 01-15-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktfinch View Post
        Being my first grow I'm nervous to do anything drastic. Being a mostly indica strain I didn't want to top due to it branching out nicely on its own. All the middle growth is basically the lower stuff coming up. I only have 45 inches of height in grow box so I figured to let them go to about 12 to 14 inches then flip which I'm hoping will be about 4 weeks of veg. So do you think i should pull some of the larger fan leaves down low around flip time? They are in fox farm ocean forest and I have only given 1 dose of veg nutes 1/4 strength. Planning to give another in a couple of days up into 2nd week of flower then start bloom nutes. Is that a good plan? Thanks
        I believe you should read how to defoliate and how to top,since you have a limit to height,topping would give you great benefits!!I would pluck them lower leaves and popcorn buds,then again thats just me...

HPS/MH
        600W

LED
        2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
        BioBizzLight Mix
        Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
        CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

My girls are really liking my new led/cfl combo. They are growing fast now. Going to flip to flower in 2 more days. Anything I should do to prepare for flip to 12/12? I just gave them veg nutes and was thinking one more dose in 4 days before I switch to bloom nutes. Any thoughts?

Comment

• Nartak
            Nartak commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm im not sure about that,the plants look terrific by the way!!Well done! I started flower nutes a week before flipping the switch and did kinda see it confused them for couple days,i've read a lot about growers going couple weeks in flower with veg nutes and have also read water flower nutes right at first flower feed...Also train them well and get rid of extra leaves you don't want during flower!!Popcorn buds and the rest can go,make room for the plants to grow and give them their course

Doing really nice man keep it up!

Thanks for the info and complement. I've plucked a few fan leaves here and there. I just get nervous about pulling the wrong ones or to many. I did remove a couple of low branches for clones. Hoping they take. Just tried water bottle only method under 1 cfl 24 hour light cycle. Hope to see roots soon. First grow is the worse not knowing what my actions will turn into. So far so good and hope my luck continues thru flower!

Comment

• Nartak
            Nartak commented
            Editing a comment
            It isn't luck man,you are doing something that certainly has results,good or bad you should know if you research that exact thing you are doing!! I also cut a clone today and just stuck it in the mud,doesn't really matter to me what happens to it so... I also removed the bigger fan leaves off mine today but i only allow two nodes on each branch and the rest below that is chopped!!I was really chopping constantly during veg,now in flower i will give them more time between chops as i don't want to stress them now!! Im also mainlining them so it is a much different structure than a regular straight up grow as it seems i don't need all that green mess in there!!I will benefit from NOT having spare fan leaves as i have 8-13 tops on my plants and will only keep them top-tops,not a single shoot below that!

Thanks I didn't top mine but am I wrong in thinking there is about 23 tops between the two plants? I may be way off but I just counted all the new growth shoots.

Comment

Cnc you give me an estimate of tops based on what you see in pics? Any pics of your girls?

Comment

• Nartak
              Nartak commented
              Editing a comment
              Link on my signature man!!

If you are keeping all them tops,including popcorn uds,you have way more than 24..All shoots growing into the light will form some kind of bud,keep higher nodes will make less popcorn bud!! My girls are extremely shaped into what they are now and i am having trouble believing they are not stunned,however i will keep at it as i want to finish what i started! Check them up http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...journey-begins

That's some damn fine training! Nice job! What kind of yield do you expect from those girls?

Comment

That's some damn fine training! Nice job! What kind of yield do you expect from those girls?
              Honestly i come and go on that thought..Today im on my not so bright side,thinking my girls are way to small for their age and being all negative about results in my head..Expecting about 7-8oz in total!!I will really be happy if i can get 6oz from these 4 ladies!!Honestly!Though i highly doubt it...in today's mood that is...I have had days where i shout out im gonna have 15oz because the girls love what im doing!

Eats u up inside if you don't get busy lol....

HPS/MH
              600W

LED
              2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
              BioBizzLight Mix
              Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
              CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

I feel the same way. First time I've seen mj plant growing in person so being in charge of the outcome is nerve racking lol

Comment

I feel the same way. First time I've seen mj plant growing in person so being in charge of the outcome is nerve racking lol
                  Just do them plants a favor,never ever get a single split second of cockiness when in the tent,it comes at a great price most times..Snapping a stem or burning/dmaging a leaf will surely not kill ur plants but will hurt ur heart when u see it done!!

HPS/MH
                  600W

LED
                  2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                  BioBizzLight Mix
                  Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                  CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

First day of flower after 30 days of veg. Only 57 days left lol

Comment

Taller than mine,bigger than mine,looks way healthier than mine and superb for cfl!Don't forget im on 600w HPS and i aint got that plant in any pot

HPS/MH
                      600W

LED
                      2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
                      BioBizzLight Mix
                      Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
                      CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals

Comment

I'm sure the led is helping the growth with the cfls. I defoliate quite a bit last night and did some more lst. I broke one of the damn stems but I taped it up right away. Hopefully it will recover. Hope the defoliation is worth it. Plants don't look nice and full now and I didn't go crazy plucking lol. I'll post some pics later. Lights off now.

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Haha i broke a stem from the base at clean 90 degrees and taped it up only to untape it 5 days later and find to huge ass knuckles formed,one at the base of it and one where it snapped!There is a white line there the new matter formed as it is soft and tender like a seedling at that line only,will be hard as wood again in 4-5 more days!! Worry not,just keep it steady and tight for 4 days and it will recover 100% I get that feeling of "not looking full and beautiful" every second day when my blade calls me to the task of defo!!Snip snip snip ....

Glad your commenting on my posts. You make me feel better...lol As long as they bless me with decent buds I'll be happy. Can't wait to post some pics so you can make me feel better again lmao! Thanks!!

Comment

• Nartak
                          Nartak commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Don't thank me man,im sitting home with my dog,eating cheesy puffs and getting high posting shit about my girls and reading,why not assist someone if i can? Green did/does it for me,some posts get u some don't Im glad i make u feel better!! However,a tip on that perspective of plants = buds needs some engineering!

A rose is a rose is a rose!In the same way,a plant is a plant is a plant!I have a buddy that chipped in 300euros for the initial setup and always comes around asking about grams,yields,potency and anything else that the "consumer" wants most of...Plant's are not machines,they are not objects of creation that just give and die...They live,they get sick,they hurt and as many early and late studies show,plant's feel!!If you walk in a room to buy weed and the guy just wants ur money,you will know...You won't stop and say "hey,dude let me buy you one for the road and we'll split from there",instead you will take the green n leg it because it's not a friendly environment!

In the same manner if you walk in your tent and all you see is floating oz number and think about how much,how big,more more more,the plants will not bother sharing with you,interacting with you,for you are not receptive to their being,you want the end result...
                          Not saying you are,just putting out the word to make sure people understand,plants,animals,humans,anything ORGANIC senses what you carry in your vibe and will respond accordingly...As my sig says...Feel Earth...Trust Earth.....Love Earth....

Peace brother,we will always be here when u need a word

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X