No announcement yet.

So How Are You Spending This Free Time... so to speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep real basil and oregano PRIMO. And Gingerbeard after laying supine for long periods of time and I tell this to my hubby also cause he's a dizzy bird when first sits up, just sit and take 15-30 sec. before you stand. We can't pop up like toast in a toaster our brains need more oxy gun ( grandkids say that LOL) and time to circulate. Do you have a " first alert " LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PRIMO
      PRIMO commented
      Editing a comment
      My first alert is in the a.m.when I stand up my knees popping sound like my 45 at the pistol range.

Stump? What stump? We don't have to show you no stinkin stumps...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3737 copy.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	765.3 KB
ID:	395642
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful job.... got some extra time? I’ve got a few stumps to address

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      If you have a chain saw, I can give advice from here...

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Two of them....that’s how they got to be stumps 😄

Here is my collection of stumps within 25 feet of the house.... most are at least 7 yrs old and some as many as 15 and being a natural living being, I leave them to return to the earth naturally... I tried a few times to dig them out and it just ain’t worth it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0971BF8D-79B4-43CB-8809-D8F80CD55BF7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	395722Click image for larger version  Name:	503461C3-B3AE-45B3-AA82-D3A0B3A590B7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.4 KB ID:	395723Click image for larger version  Name:	A448BFC2-182B-4BD7-90D0-7054EB00FD7F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	395724Click image for larger version  Name:	C371CA33-F313-4991-8792-18B4974BB03C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	43.8 KB ID:	395725Click image for larger version  Name:	8AAD0AD5-82B9-48B3-9D09-8620AAE4B5C1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	395726Click image for larger version  Name:	112806D1-66A6-4D25-9AF1-831C6C913355.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.4 KB ID:	395727Click image for larger version  Name:	37A46CBE-DDDA-469F-9056-C36A0C78F422.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	395728
    Last edited by Farmall; 04-15-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Funny you say that... my last new septic system the backhoe just pushed over these mighty oaks like toothpicks, roots and all. Then he picked them up and stacked them so all I needed to do was cut and split. Gotta get a backhoe...20 yrs ago would’ve been better timing.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      They are lovely stumps.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Buddy.... Hurricane Sandy !! Oh, and 1 was in the way of my satellite signal.

Farmall why don't you get some det cord from my sweet alltatup Gotta be a helluva better time than watching wood rot.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Sitting here tonight watching Sundance channel’s marathon of Sean Connery James Bond movies, I have probably seen each of them 30 times or more. Funny but after all this Time since the 1960’s I just realized the Russian guy in From Russia With Love is Robert Shaw who played In Jaws.

Comment

Farmall ole buddy ole pal..I would of gotten rid of those stumps for yah for a couple of racks of those ribs to bad I don't live close to you would of made easy work of those stumps with my John deer backhoe..lol those ribs do look great.

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Greengringo if you did live nearby, you’re welcome to come....I have wanted a backhoe for 25 years. Every time I find one, they are a small fortune. There was one at a town auction that sold for $6500.oo and it looked great but it was too big for me and I had no way to get it home having never used one before. But... when we had a new septic tank put in yrs back ($12,000.00) after he was done he said...” where’s the edge of your old bed”. He started 8 feet away and as he got closer, a giant flush of water filled the new hole he dug and I have been using the old system for the washing machine for 15 years ZERO PROBLEMS!!!

if I had a backhoe for $12 grand... it would have paid for itself....in snow plowing alone 😳

Retired at the age of 29.
        But I have a lot of garden stuff to do around the house, made a whole new veggie garden. And im getting my first peaches this season . Have a big house now, so with al these things I’m a little happy to be retired.
        My wife bought a pool, so now the work around the house is at 60% only 🤣. Too dumb easy to sit in that pool with a Joint and a iced tea instead
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey man, you deserve it. I think they should give lifetime benefits to anyone who goes off to war and returns. Immediately. Like the kind you can live on for the rest of your life.

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks 🙏🏻
          I can agree they should do it. But from that to reality, there is a long road. I battled the system and the court for 3 years before they acknowledged my PTSD and where it came from. In Denmark we love to send our infantry out and we do a hell of a good job. But when we come home, no one is helping us. Many veterans still from the Balkan war, don’t get their benefits or any kind of help. Iraq and Afghanistan too. Many of my brothers I served with is either homeless or have a heavy drug use... the sad reality🇩🇰

In my free time, I am writing a book entitled Everything You Wanted to Know about Cannabis But Were Afraid to Ask. I made a deal with myself: it won't contain anything that I've read online, but has to come from my own experience. Chapters include:
        1. Cooking cannabis leaves: get high as fuck
        2. Driving home when you are tripping on cannabis leaves
        3. Chop cannabis, carry water bong
        4. The Tao of catching fungus gnats by hand
        5. Why macro-dose? Because I can
        6. How suckers sap strength
        7. Cannabis sap for suckers: the Buchner funnel
        8. Cannabis arts and crafts part I: acrylic trophy bud paper weights
        9. Cannabis arts and crafts part II: make your own sticky icky icky notes
        10. Cannabis arts and crafts part III: a trichome scrapbook for your grandkids
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• CaptainWiese91
          CaptainWiese91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Need a copy of that book 👍🏻😁

Free Time?
        I have pressure washed the entire house, walkways and driveway.
        Painted the kitchen and powder room.
        Removed the existing gutter covers, cleaned the gutters and installed new covers
        Removed 100 sf. of damaged siding and replaced with Hardy Plank.
        Worked my grow
        Filled washout under one corner of the house with concrete
        Planted flowers and other stuff
        Refinanced the house-Save $200 a month with no our of pocket. YEA!! Free money
        Binged:
        The Ranch, Fauda, One Life, Money Heist, Weeds, The Expanse, and about six others
        Read six books
        Just about used up my stash. New crop is drying now.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep that's a bunch of home chores you got done. Mine are still waiting we got to paint our cement porches but I need a get away camp trip which is starting the 20th for couple days. I get motivated more that way, I still not adjusted to being around the house all day. But I do enjoy being retired just not this year to much confinement since Dec. We want to drive and camp freely.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          What a Good Old Man!!!!!

Hahahaha, my brainchild is your Frankenstein. Is the meat freezer latch a new addition also? Or was that already on it?. And i didnt realize it had those big castor wheels on there. hmmm trailer hitch...
        So..what are we making next Farmall ?
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

This week I have been mowing the overgrown lawn, yep its 5-6 feet deep in places, the old IH Cub Cadet 129 is chopping it down fairly fast and giving me a compost pile! These old girls need some work to keep them going (with me over working them) so I have several, but the new shit wont hold up at all.
          Over the next weeks the spring blackberries will be ripening, and play out just in time for the summer blackberries. I usually make wine with them, this year I think I'll make jam!
          The garden is starting to give up a tomato now and then, many set (bacon in the freeze waiting), the cantadews are growing and starting to flower (sometimes make wine with them), the cukes (in another area) are also flowering.
          No time to be bored here! I need to cut down about 300 trees (any Okies need fire wood?) and make a couple of tons of soil for next year. Way to damn many projects!

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Ooooooooh, blackberry wine, gimme some!!!!!!!

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            If you get near Sapulpa OK come on by!

One of my new hobbies is playing music. I actually started last Summer, with guitar lessons. I quit when building my new home got a little too intense...and then COVID - 19 happened. I also bought a mandolin and tremolo harmonica. Now, I'm listening to the lessons I recorded and am trying to explore on my own. If anyone has found helpful books or videos on playing these instruments, I'm all ears.
          A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            YouTube does that frequently and eventually most make it thru but some are just gone. Have you ever looked at soundcloud?
            I have played for nearly 59 years and did all kinds of studio session, jazz and orchestra work and personal recording. I once heard them say...10,000 hours...it’s the magic mark. I was young and said ..ok, here I go. Nothing I have found did any magic other than practice practice practice. And eventually for me...arthritis pissed on my parade...still fun but no longer doing those 6-8 gigs.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall i always heard Jazz musicians,smoked MJane.
            Have a nice safe weekend, ole bud.

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmall - Thanks, I just took a look at Soundcloud. Pretty fascinating. Smartsound Software has a stable of artists, although I doubt is as deep as Soundcloud. In my gut, I realize you are absolutely correct, regarding practice. I'm going to have to just do it on my own terms.

How proficient will I be? Time will tell, I guess. I have a deep-rooted passion for music and a stable of songs I want to learn to play. I also started writing my own too. The funny thing is, I'd be living my life the same even without a pandemic.

I'm busier than a one-legged man at a butt kicking contest!

D.A.A.S.69 hey bud, nice to hear from you... lots of weed and even more booze... but, I am a vegetarian so I didn’t eat meat 😂 only the booze and weed. I remember one time when I almost couldn’t play and have no idea what it might have sounded like but, we were invited back so...no harm no foul as they say. Those were fun nights..some times

BR2K that is why I know so many players who decided it was best to just do it in their own time. More enjoyment than work and there is nothing wrong with that. I just happened to start very young and those hours added up fast. Being busy is great as long as it doesn’t wear you down.

Comment

Spending my time the same way I spend it every year! My bet, regardless of the covid virus it will be cold this winter Actually expecting a log truck delivery next week, oh boy, another 7 cord to cut and split (ha,ha). Shouldn't need one next year though, it's my load of logs "leap" year (g) Pic of the last truck load
            Attached Files
            Last edited by GreenState; 06-20-2020, 10:54 AM.
            "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup If you were closer by I'd help you out! As I turned 62 a month or so ago, I've decided this wood shit doesn't get any easier (ha,ha)...I'm thinking downsizing to a 40 ft live-aboard trawler might be the future answer. Anyone growing weed in a boat? Humidity & WPM would be a problem I'd imagine.
              Last edited by GreenState; 06-21-2020, 05:27 AM.

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              GreenState I'd rather live in a tiny house on wheels. But I'll prolly stay in my house so I can grow weed...

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              THAT is the way to do firewood. No need to cut and haul it out of the woods....slice and dice: done. that 40’ trawler is probably air conditioned... you’re good !

After a recent monster harvest, I took a break from growing weed. Turns out it’s given me a set of green fingers, I really love to grow! Here’s a selection of fruit and veg I’ve built and grown from seed.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X