No announcement yet.

So How Are You Spending This Free Time... so to speak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here. Going on 15 years with our insert. Only turned on the heat 3 times this year. Even my cat on the foot rest likes it.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      You look as snug as a bug in a rug!! See mine below!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mishi apr18.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	514637

Mishi, April 2018. She was a very wise, evolved cat.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

They sure love the heat. She looks content.

Comment

alltatup we burn that stove during winter 24hrs a day. Only goes out when we clean or forget to load enough for overnight. We burn oak an fir mainly. Tons of ash from the oak our box accepts long lenghts of wood. I sometimes push the ash way back into the back of box for a better burn on the brick in the stove but yes at least every 10days or sooner. Oak is the worst for ash in my old stove, seals maynot be as good after 50yrs ?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Damn, gal, that's expensive!! It costs me $150 to get the chimney swept; if I had to do it that often, I'd quit because it wouldn't be saving me any money. But my stove has a catalytic converter and it burns efficiently.

Yes ours is not a certified wood stove. They did not add a catalytic converter back when this house was built in 1969. If we sold the house we'd have to remove it or just leave it but i think it would need to be removed as it's not a " certified woodstove insert" we are not going to pull it out anytime soon LOL. We don't pay for wood alltatup never have. If i did i surely would not use nearly as much.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I like watching football and tennis games, it is really fun Do you like tennis, guys? It is really fun, I have to say. I also like placing some bets, so I use the service from https://www.tennisboard.com/atp-singles to track the results and players too, it is pretty helpful. I would like to find some tennis friends here lol
          Last edited by poeras; 05-28-2021, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy made sure she provided a 15 year supply of firewood and smoking wood, all oak…that was 10 years ago. Still have a 5 year supply and we’ve been steady users. Those inserts are truly a superior way to burn for heating. A fireplace sucks air from most of the house for the updraft created in exhausting the smoke so is also causing heat loss. Unfortunately. Today was 89 and tomorrow supposed to be 65… heating season looks like it’s over. I prefer it to cooling season

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall Hey bro!!!!! Hope all is well!!! ;-}

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              alltatup thanks …. Doing ok… my friend. Will catch up very soon

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X