Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stimulus package, how you spendin yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stimulus package, how you spendin yours?

For me its up in the air, I could really stand to pay off a bill with it, but I would like to get some new grow equipment too.
    So how you spendin your stimulus money?

Just sticking it in the bank for now. Saving for a rainy day. I am still working 40+ a week so I am covering my bills but if I get shut down things could get tight. Be safe all of you!

Comment

Remember what Fat Freddy always said...”Weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed.” Food for thought.
      If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        What. You gonna BUY weed? Lol. If I get a bonus of any kind it's goin straight to the money market account while the Market is at rock bottom!!! We GROWIN weed so we ain't gotta buy it!!!

If, big if IMHO, it ever shows up I'm sure SHE will have something to spend it on. Prolly won't include grow supplies But, I am interested in one of these, trimbag.com. So I will be lobbying for some $$.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Banking it as well. Also still working 40+ a week.

Comment

I'll believe it when I get the check in my paw; I don't quite trust this "administration" with anything to do with actually helping out workers.

My company screwed up my unemployment so while I am active in the UI system I have yet to see any $ at all (we are being paid something to keep us on the books but are at zero hours; HR told me to apply as "still working" which is untrue). I really really want a T5 setup, but that mean need even more temp control which I likely don't have the room for. I am planning for a little something fun, just want to kill debts as much as I can first.
          Last edited by WeirdWiredWolf; 04-03-2020, 10:04 AM.
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't want a T5 setup. I hate my T5 veg tent- my girls grow so sloooowww until I move them into the big tent with the good lights.

• WeirdWiredWolf
            WeirdWiredWolf commented
            Editing a comment
            If I just get a couple red/blue bulbs and reflectors to supplement my current panel, I can actually spend more on seeds That might be a better idea.

An F series supercharger to replace my p1sc1
          You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Korn
            Korn commented
            Editing a comment
            Thought you left GWE mite.

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            Retodd brought me back. And replacing the p1sc1 on the gro.

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Well happy to have ya back!! I hope you're recoupin n feelin good!

man I donno, I'm thinking maybe ammo.

Comment

• Spidermite
            Spidermite commented
            Editing a comment
            That is second in the running. We did an inventory and we are down to 1500 rounds. So not enough.

Maybe bills, that would be responsible. Maybe a new light, but I don't really need one. What I really want though, is a new smoker. Been eyeing a pellet smoker for quite some time.
          4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
          GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow
          I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• golfnrl
            golfnrl commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a small Traeger for a while. Now have a Smokin Tex electric smoker. Kinda spendy but smokes and cooks great. And just the right size for us. Good luck finding a smoker.

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! I have a offset barrel smoker right now and it gets the job done but I like the thought of being able to set a temp and let her roll. I checked out traeger, but I think camp chef is going to be the winner. The one I like has a sear box and wifi capabilities.

John Deere zero turn 50" cut. zoom-zoom !

Comment

Another light and five more buckets!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20200401_130404.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	968.0 KB
ID:	391387
              You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm guessing you park in the back 40, and you keep it shiny. Props.

• Spidermite
                Spidermite commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes it is babied and doesnt leave the garage except to race. Drag race if that wasnt clear.

• PRIMO
                PRIMO commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh it's clear to me. I've got me a two door dodge with a V8 and a stick shift.

I'm buying as many guns and as much ammo and toilet paper as I can get my hands on. THEN I'll feel safe.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

dudeQuixote & Spidermite You guys don't roll your own yet? That's been another passion of mine for a long time. I can load a box or two before I need to restock but I might grab more components anyway.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Powder.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	391418

Comment

• PRIMO
                  PRIMO commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Love the smell of napalm in the morning, and cordite.

• Spidermite
                  Spidermite commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No I dont but I should. I know that Retodd does so if I run out I'll send him all my brass.

• Retodd
                  Retodd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Only thing I reload is my 300wm for my sniper. Nice collection of power ya have there tho!

Unfortunately my wife and I won't be getting any checks, not that I would ever complain about it. She's still running my office, and all my guys, and I, are working 40+ with no slow down in sight. If I were to get a check, I would be looking at Spiderx Plus. But alas, tis not in the cards, wife wanting to tighten the belt just in case. Still gonna try to talk her into letting me pick up a Marshydro TS3000, at less than a 3rd of the Spiderx Plus price.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ejay if I was not retired i'd be working 12hr days if not more right now. Yep those are some killer lights the Spiderx Plus but Marshydro are really improving from what I've seen. I just got another Viparspectra cause i'm familiar with them not the best by far but works for me. I can only say for myself i'd rather work than get laid off

• Ejay
                  Ejay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm ready for retirement! I hope 5 more years, then I sell the company to my son. I'll be 54 (same age my father retired, when I bought him out), ready to have time to fish! I had my boat in the water 3 times last year, it's killin me just looking at it!
                  Right now I have 2 KingLed 1200 (235 actual watt each) in my 4x4 tent, 1 for each plant. The seem to be doing ok, but what do I know, still a virgin till I harvest (hopefully 30 more days and I pop that cherry with a harvest!).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X