X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furrysparkle
    replied
    I agree thank you nebula for the info and making any photos uploaded safe! That explains why it takes a while to upload.

Leave a comment:

• insomniaczzz
    replied
    Great post Nebula. And thank you for the information about removing personal information from your photos before posting.

Leave a comment:

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Bobsakamoto, Thanks for your input. It sounds like you live in my neighborhood, I'm constantly looking out the window for the 'towns people with their torches and pitchforks' coming to get me! (I know there out there! somewhere....)
    Good luck with your grows

• bobsakamoto
    replied
    i do think DW2 is right that posting photos is a big "whole 'nother step" for people who aren't super versed in internet privacy/anonymity. i know i wasn't ABOUT to post jack when i first joined...i was scared even to join. but i'm in a place where they'd probably like to set up a mini-gitmo for marijuana offenses if they could get away with it, so i'm probably overcautious. now, though, that i've spent a few months "here" i feel differently. obvs, cuz i posted my first pics ever to my first ever grow journal. BUT i would never have done that when i first joined, out of fear and of not knowing enough about what i was doing.

in short, the willingness to post pics might be a MUCH bigger deal to some people than others, and especially so if they don't know what, say, EXIF data is.... just another perspective.

and a HUGE thank you to Nebula for putting in all the work to make this wonderful place a reality. i really would never have had the confidence to do anything w/out this forum and this site... <3 <3 <3

Leave a comment:

• bobsakamoto
    commented on 's reply
    for mac users, i've used imageoptim and it seems to work well...plus it was free

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    You had me going for a second!

• dontknownuttin
    replied
    Originally posted by OzBud View Post
    I have a problem with my plant. I don't have any pictures and the only thing I can say is that my plant has a problem. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

A photo would help...... The rules say photo a must.

Leave a comment:

• LuckyAcres
    commented on 's reply
    "Get the blade!"

• DW2
    commented on 's reply
    Thank You again Nebula,
    I'm glad to hear the site 'scrubs' them when up loaded. I've tried that MS page before and either through my lack of expertise, or my software settings, it did not seem to work for me.

• OzBud
    replied
    I have a problem with my plant. I don't have any pictures and the only thing I can say is that my plant has a problem. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• Tersky
    replied
    Like biker, i sometimes forget to respond. Thanks for bringing it up! I will do better on my responding!

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    I definitely understand why someone wants to be careful posting pictures! The forum automatically removes EXIF data when pictures are uploaded, but if you want to be extra sure, I know that uploading your pictures to www.Imgur.com and downloading them again will remove all identifying information. I know you can also remove all EXIF data manually in Windows this way: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../ee851674.aspx Here's a video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cUF2Tk2b_g

We value everyone's security and do everything we can to protect you! But you're right, it's always better to take extra precautions whenever possible!

• DW2
    replied
    Nebula, I would think that 'paranoia' about the data contained in a jpeg, camera make, settings, and, not least, GPS data would be of concern to growers, especially in the 'uncivilized' areas, might account for the lack of photos.(?) Are there any safeguards in the forum is prevent 'mining the data' from posted photos? Do you know of available software to 'clean' the photos. The Windows 7 app does not remove much, if any, of the data (and it gives you a warning to the fact!).
    I've just gotten to the point of 'JDGASA' (just don't give a s--t anymore!)
    I agree with You, including photos and data (as you listed) would greatly speed up helpful responses. And THANK YOU for providing, managing, and refereeing this wonderful site! It has been a great resource of information for me.

Leave a comment:

• Bikerstonrr
    replied
    Thanks Nebula. I have been remiss at times of the thank you and as soon as the last piece of photo hardware arrives tomorrow, I will start posting pictures. I am pround of my babies and do believe that a pic is worth a 1000 words.

Leave a comment:

• Tika
    replied
    10-4 that Nebula. Well said!! All the way around.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X