No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup judging thread: 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This contest has been incredible. Honestly, I was surprised at the plants you all were able to produce!

Thanks again to Mr.furley, who thought this whole thing up. Judging by these posts, I'd say it went very well!

I've gone over all of the entries many times and I've placed them in order of who wins in my opinion. Nebula did the same thing, we compared notes and now we have the winners!

Before I announce the winners, a note on the prizes: We had a lot of GWE branded stuff made, but it came out...bad. As such, the prizes for this contest have become much less imaginative/fun than they were going to be, but I think they're more useful/valuable, especially now! So, without further ado:

GWE Forum Solo Cup Contest Winners

1st Place: JohnEmad - $100 Gift Card + GWE Stickers
    2nd Place: Doubledealing72 - $75 Gift Card + GWE Stickers
    3rd Place (tie): Canuck147 - $50 Gift Card + GWE Stickers
    3rd Place (tie): homegrown - $50 Gift Card + GWE Stickers

Honorable Mentions:
    We were so impressed by all the entries that we're also giving prizes to the other 8 growers that entered the contest!
    Every person listed below will also get a $20 Gift Card and GWE Stickers!
    oldjarhead100
    FunkyButtLovin
    OlderNOTwiser
    Greenlivin
    Obi-Wan
    Mr.furley
    NickyChicks
    DingusKhan

Winners, claim your prizes!
    To claim your prize, I need your address and the name you want me to use when I send your prizes to you. You can send the info via PM, or email me at GrowWeedEasy@gmail.com. If you email, please do so from the address associated with your forum account. Please don't post your personal information in this thread.

Thanks again to everyone to participated or cheered for the participants!

Comment

• Greenlivin
      Greenlivin commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Sirius! And congrats to John on the win! Great job to the other contenders as well. Sign me up for the next round!

• Drekthar
      Drekthar commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats to you all..
      My plants didn't work out very well. I'm not much for soil growing and showed.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      I would actually like a branded product that came out...bad. can we see pictures?

LOL what a hoot this was to see, thanks all who participated made my day looking at the creative grows.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Congratulations to all who entered.

Yay for the autoflower growers!
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Good observation Canuck147. Gotta like the odds.

Feel very fortunate to be a winner in this.
      I suppose this means anyone wanting to grow well in a short period of time can learn from the experts through this site.
      Have been like a leaky sponge trying to learn.
      Big thanks to GWE SiriusFourside , NebulaHaze and Mr.furley.
      Congrats to all who entered and thx all who watched. It's been a fun thing to do.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
        Doubledealing72 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congrats John! Walter was a true beauty!

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Dood, you so killed it!(that's good). And I especially love that we can crazy shit like this, together, and learn together without it turning into troll kindergarten. GWE is mosdef the spot.

Congratulations John you deserve it, that was an amazing grow. Everyone else did a great job as well and I think I learned something from every one of your grows. A huge thank you to Mr.furley for organizing this thing and to NebulaHaze & SiriusFourside for providing the prizes and this amazing website/forum, you're the real MVPs!

I called it in the other thread back on 1/4/2020 -

1 comment

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL, You sir are a true psychic. Wally for the Win! What a call.

Congratulations JohnEmad, Walter White was beautiful!! And congratulations go out to everyone that gave this experiment a try.! You have proven that we can actually grow some pretty fantastic bud..in a solo cup.(i probably wouldnt have believed it if i didnt actually see it lol) Kinda takes the term micro grow to another level. And thank you SiriusFourside and NebulaHaze for GWE...so much info for new and experienced growers alike. And this forum is amazing!! Some of the friendliest people iv never met!
      Super shout out to Mr.furley for coming up with this idea!! also for his help through a couple of my grows. This was so much fun! Stay safe friends! HG
      Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
      Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
      6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
      Canna Coco/perlite
      General Hydroponics Flora Series
      Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
      Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
      Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Thank you everyone, it was a hoot!

Congratulations to JohnEmad you did a great job.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you sir. Wish i could share some with you and everyone. It's strong but a daytime variety. awake but relaxed. very enjoyable.

Congrats to the winners you guys pulled off a grow that you can be proud of , Thank you to all the contestants, judges and Mr Furley for thinking it up .
        I'm looking forward to the next one
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Congrats to the winners, learned a lot from y’all while doing this! Mines finally starting the last two weeks I think. Lol

Comment

• homegrown
            homegrown commented
            Editing a comment
            Cant wait to see pics of these photo girls...could bump another month onto the next grow competition..i think it would envelope both strains. Autos would be done early but it would give the photos just a bit more time to finish up. just a thought.

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            homegrown
            I have no doubt that a photoperiod call "keep up" with a Autoflower, Iv done it before. It's really is the luck of the draw for my plant, I haven't had a plant go past it flowering time in a long time.

• billyboy
            billyboy commented
            Editing a comment
            I am not done either :-)

Just an update for the contest winners/runners-up:

JohnEmad, Doubledealing72, Canuck147, homegrown, oldjarhead100, FunkyButtLovin, OlderNOTwiser, Greenlivin, Obi-Wan, Mr.furley, NickyChicks, DingusKhan

I finally have all the necessary info and the gift cards are on their way to me. I'll update you all once more once your prizes are sent out to you 👍 Congrats again!

Note: Apparently, there's no such thing as a $20 VISA gift card, so all runners up are getting $25 instead.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            what a surprise thank you guys

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you.

• DingusKhan
            DingusKhan commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you so much! And cool stickers too! You guys have been the very best. I miss you in the hectic chaos of being "essential" and having not missed a day of work. Okay, maybe one. But we're keepin' real here in the 'burg.

Love you guys!

Dang $25 that's a great for all congrats everyone, beers are on you LOL
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hey guys! You should all have your prizes before the weekend shows up. Thanks again to everyone who participated, and an especially big thanks to Mr.furley for being so darn cool.

Comment

• Greenlivin
              Greenlivin commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks again Sirius! You da man.

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup. Got mine today. Thanks a ton for all of this! And, I dare say, thanks a ton from all of us!

Loved the creepy clown card! Thanks for the cool stickers too.
            Current Grow:
            • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
            • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
            • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
            ​​​​Nutrients
            • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
            • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
            • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
            • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
            • Black Strap Molasses
            • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
            • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

I got my card yesterday I thought the repurposed card was a classic. and thank you for the stickers and gift card
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

I got a cute one about getting drafted by a kickball team named "The Possums".The decals are very nice as well.Many thanks to Nebula, Sirius, Mr.Furley and everyone who participated!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X