Harvest or Compost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Harvest or Compost?

Hi all, first post... Novice grower on my 4th crop, a pair of 3 Kings from seeds from purchased buds
    (is this "bag seed"?).

At this point I'm pretty sure they're hopeless (would love to be wrong) and I'm looking for advice on
    whether any of it is salvageable or if it should all be composted.

My setup is a 2x4x5 ft tent with a pair of ViParSpectra 200W LEDs, a variable 300CFM fan and an
    oscillating fan. Everything is on a timer except the oscillating fan which runs 24 hours. I'm using
    Kellog garden soil with Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer and Alaska Morbloom "flower food".

Plant 1 started flower fine, i.e. no signs of pests or other problems, I have pics if you like. About a
    week into flower, noticed WPM on plant 2 & treated both with baking soda & water, 2 tbsp/gallon,
    First application didn't seem to do anything so for the next batch I mixed up 2 tbsp baking soda,
    2 tbsp Neem Oil and 1/2 tbsp Dawn. Sprayed thoroughly and 2 days later, Plant 1 looked like in
    the picture. So far, in trying to recover from this I have discovered that the way I was watering was
    wrong, I was adding just enough to get a little drainage, so concentrating the nutrient waste that
    should have been flushed. In addition, after I sprayed the plants I turned the lights back to full
    before they had dried so possible light burn as well. The issue I have with this one is that the area
    where the pistils used to be is now just brown stubs. In addition, the buds are showing signs of
    nutrient burn and don't seem to be growing. To top it all off, I've recently spotted fungus gnats.

Plant 2 showed more WPM than P1 but the nutrient burn was not so obvious on the leaves, the
    pistils just disappeared.

So, I flushed both plants with plain water once per day for 3 days, For this I moved them from their
    usual saucer bases into big orange buckets (5-7 gallon). Then I started spraying just Neem Oil and
    Dawn in water on the soil and just the baking soda solution on the buds nightly just before lights out.
    For this I'm leaving both fans on 24 hours.

My question for P1 is whether any of it appears salvageable. For P2, I'm afraid the WPM infestation
    is so advanced that the buds are affected. Do either of them look like they could be rescued? What
    are your thoughts? If I discard P2, what is proper disposal for WPM? Any other advice other than
    water correctly and keep a closer eye for pests and other problems?

BTW, I can't currently measure pH accurately but my tap water averaged in the low 7s when I could.

I’d harvest, use for edibles after curing for a while. Disinfect tent. Start new seeds. Try again. Learn. Read tutorials on GWE.
    If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

Agreed.
      You need to get your environmental conditions under control. You probably have a humidity spike when you shut down your extraction fan.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• dwgyttonmbtmwgyttond
        dwgyttonmbtmwgyttond commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point about the humidity spike, I know that there is a temperature bump after lights out until the lights cool down.

Curiosity but it sounds like you're feeding every water, is that correct? I've only done hydro and amended soil so I don't know about adding nutrients when watering (except hydro of course) but from my understanding it's better to feed every other water. Pretty sure I read that somewhere on a few posts. If you're feeding every water, that could be where your nutrient burn is coming from.

Comment

• dwgyttonmbtmwgyttond
        dwgyttonmbtmwgyttond commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been feeding about every other week, trying to avoid over feeding tip curl which is a constant struggle for me...

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Deficiencies then, looks similar to me but I'm still learning. That can happen from under watering too I've found. Hope you get things sorted out.

if you get a gallon of h202 Hydrogen peroxide 34 percent you can make a wash with it take 4 buckets fill with water in first one add your h202 place buds in first bucket and aggetate them ,then go to second bucket again with h2o2 then rinse in 3rd and 4th bucket if the 4th bucket shows any sign of anything but water do it again , you can change the 1st and 2nd buckets with clean water and h202 this should remove any WPM and leave the bud smokable
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X