Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diagnostic and treatment help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise they were all extremely healthy up until recently. I'll get some snaps of what it looks like early onset. I did inspect the root mass. The entire rhizosphere looks healthy and no obvious signs of infestation or contamination.

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Korn I have a call in to the local OSU extension office but they haven't responded yet. I think given their attachment to an educational institution that has now announced closure due to COVID it may be a bit.

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Daskahn I've got particulate filters on everything. Not supplementing with CO2 yet (currently being installed) but it's running at ambient 430 - 450 at the moment.

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Korn yes, but I'm not sure how to test for that. Recommendations?

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    I've tried several different ones at this point.

• Serapium
    replied
    Korn competitors.

Leave a comment:

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Korn not really. Sealed environment. I'll take your advice and go get a few tested though.

• Korn
    commented on 's reply
    Are these other grows yours or competitors?

• Korn
    commented on 's reply
    Would it be possible for someone to access the outside air intakes to the grow area and spray herbicide in? The more I look at your pics, my gut screams herbicides. I would take several plants in to a lab for contaminant testing.

• Rwise
    replied
    The first pic looks like they were doing good at one point, they are certainly unhappy. Do you have pics as they go into this phase? Did anything change with these girls? Also the ones you killed, did you inspect the root mass? If so what did it look like? I think I would take a sample of the grow medium to your local Ag center and have it tested, $10-$20 bucks for the test here.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Down this road, I sprayed my girls with spinosad and one of them had a bad reaction to it and damn near died. She had lots of leaf damage as well, I dont know if it was damage already on her or if she was hurt by the spray.

• Korn
    replied
    Here are some pics I found showing herbicide damage on tomato plants. 2,4 D is a growth regulator that causes leaf curling, deformity, twisting of petioles, stunting, etc. Have you consulted with an extension agent who is educated about herbicides?
    Last edited by Korn; 03-16-2020, 10:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Daskahn
    replied
    Going off of what norm touched on is it possible that the air is the culprit? Not enough co2? Clog in the air filter?

Leave a comment:

• Korn
    replied
    Also have you considered the possibility of a viral vector?

Leave a comment:

• Korn
    commented on 's reply
    I agree a possibility of sabotage. These leaf deformities look like the result of certain herbicides. I know some one who used hay in their garden as a mulch. It had been treated with 2,4 D an herbicide used to treat broad leaf weeds growing in grass pastures. The 2,4 D does not kill the grasses but kills the broad leaf weeds. The residual effects of 2, 4 D remaining on the hay mulch created similar effects on his garden plants. May be something in your water or soil mixture that is contaminated with herbicides. May be someone trying to mess with you. Anyone angry or jealous of you or in competition with you?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X