Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diagnostic and treatment help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    "yes, all parameters are monitored rather meticulously - especially since our first experience with this."

Have you compared the measurements with your "control group"?

Also, how many grows have you successfully completed in this cursed facility?

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    BR2K yes, all parameters are monitored rather meticulously - especially since our first experience with this.

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Been thinking along these lines myself. It was a machine shop for many years. It's a metal building, and when we renovated as a grow facility it was stripped to the shell. Only remaining original material is the foundation, metal beams and sheeting, and the insulation on the ceiling. The insulation is the only porous material. Like most insulated ceilings in metal buildings it is fiberglass with a plastic sheet backing.

I can't think of anything that would have been present in a machine shop that could permeate the insulation and persist in high enough concentrations over time to be a factor. To the best of my knowledge the insulation is dry throughout the facility - we have no roof leaks of any kind.

• BR2K
    commented on 's reply
    Hm, so you already have a control group, great! I assume you measure ppm, ph, etc. regularly. Perhaps you could compare? If there's any difference between the plants at the facilities, especially within the past few days , more investigation is warranted.

• Korn
    replied
    Any ideas about what your grow building was used for before you acquired it? Or did you have it built for your operation? Maybe there are some residual chemicals or contaminants affecting your plants. Maybe you could submit a plant for testing and say it’s hemp.

Leave a comment:

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    It has to be something specific to this facility. At the same time that I sourced the replacement clones for here I took a some to a different facility. Those are all still perfectly healthy, although I guess all 450 plants in this facility were 100% healthy until yesterday, I guess.

• BR2K
    replied
    I am at a loss. Do any of your competitors have a voodoo witch doctor, placing an evil hex upon you?

I literally can think of nothing other than an "inside job". Maybe a janitor dumping his mop bucket in your grow? I am truly sorry for your troubles and wish I had more experience/knowledge to share. ...I do have one, last suggestion. Would it be possible to take (from a new batch of clones) one or two home? Grow them in the same conditions as the one at work? I know it seems like a step backward but it would be a control group.
    Last edited by BR2K; 05-01-2020, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Serapium
    replied
    Ok. I'm at my wit's end here.

Since my last post, those initial ten clones we imported post-facility-sterilization were monitored for a week. They seemed to be staying perfectly healthy, and exhibited vigorous healthy growth.

We then repopulated with 450 new clones from the same source as the original ten. Those have been growing vigorously and with robust health for several weeks now.

Last night when I left the facility, every single plant was 100% healthy and vibrant.

This morning I came in to a recurrence of the same symptoms, which manifested literally overnight. This showed up in about 100 of the plants out of the blue.

Just shoot me now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful clones we're rooting for a positive grow this round Serapium your moving forward and it's good to see. Best of Luck

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    Rwise thanks. All we can do is move forward

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    BR2K we have those security measures in place already. Good idea though for anyone who doesn't already have this capability in a facility of this type.

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    All thats more work than I can handle these days! Huge loss for sure, and at a bad time for all. Hang in there it'll get better!

• BR2K
    replied
    HOLY COW - I have NO doubt that experience "sucked nasty donkey wang"!!! The only thng you didn't do was improve your security, as far as we know. A simple sensor, to log when the door(s) open could give you additional peace of mind...or a starting point to track down malicious intent.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me

Good luck and let us know how everything turns out

Leave a comment:

• Serapium
    commented on 's reply
    @funky it's been rough, for sure. There are multiple people's livelihoods at stake in this (not to mention the investment in the facility lol), so we don't have much choice but to persevere
    Last edited by Serapium; 03-29-2020, 12:39 PM.

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    This is such a horrible story but I am so glad to see you persevering and going again.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X