No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be apparent to some that I follow the economy extensively. In the economic media you will often hear the term working class. However the non working class are never mentioned. Have you ever pondered why that is? Would that be a prima facie confession? The usual law for the working class is work, or die. However with T-Rump's agitation to get the economy raring to go by Easter that rule has morphed into work, and die.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-29 Imgur.png Views:	0 Size:	489.6 KB ID:	389264
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03...nd-capitalism/

Last edited by starramus; 03-29-2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Hmm, so you are a radical? I have to say starramus ...none of what you have said over the years seems outrageous to me. I too believe that economic classes in our country are so highly divided intentionally and, the ruling few over the following MANY continue to gain more power under the current administration and without change, my grandchildren are in trouble. I keep telling my kids to train theirs in economic skills that exceed any current abilities of the most recognized powerful people today.

Comment

A few days ago I am sure I heard a military convoy going into Tulsa from OKC. I can hear the traffic on the Turner turnpike (I-44) and know the dif tween cars and trucks. These were a lot of large trucks that made an unusual amount of noise to close to each other to be truckers, and to many of them. My thought is they are on their way to the NY area to lock it down, the pres backed off until the players are in place, then it's military rule.

Comment

According to the Corona map put out by John Hopkins the infection rate is climbing by 60K a day. Also according to some experts there are possibly 5 to 10 times more infected then reported due to lack of testing etc. In spite of trying to control it ( who can believe the Chinese???) it may be that letting it run its course worldwide is inevitable and the medical will be over run no matter what we try to do.
          I still see groups of people meeting in close quarters in public.
          Still it is great to see so few cars on the road. I think the stars are actually looking brighter in the night sky with less smog in our atmosphere.
          If a person looks into the fossil fuels and petro chemical use with an open mind it quickly becomes apparent that this modern civilization cannot exist without it. In fact all the extra carbon being released into the environment actually helps plants grow better. However I say to those who love oil and gas to stick your face next to the exhaust of a vehicle powered by a combustion engine and breath deep. Not a good outcome.
          Enjoy the fresh air and the freedoms we still have while you can.

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            Who can believe Trump? What are the Chinese lying about?

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            The Chinese have a long term agenda to be the leader and power in the world as have Russia and others.
            If you look into it at all you can see they are spreading their influence everywhere possible in exchange for natural resources and key positions of control globally.
            But to think that the Chinese have stopped the spread of this virus in their country just strikes me as nearly impossible to believe.

• herbgrower
            herbgrower commented
            Editing a comment
            I think what China did is the optics. They built hospitals, locked down cities and later packed up and declared almost all treated. Although different clusters are forming up there, they have managed the perception that China was in war and they have won it, now they are just dealing with collateral damage. Someone shared a New Yorker article in this thread. It rightfully pointed out that China is not allowing scientists to properly examine and investigate data from Wuhan market so that they can establish transmission chain. That can help to identify many more details of corona virus.

This was pointed out to me a few minutes ago
          1420 - black death
          1520 - small pox
          1620 - hepatitis
          1720 - plague
          1820 - cholera
          1920 - Spanish flu
          2020 - corona virus

is there a 100 year cycle of people purging?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            The Black Death was before that, small pox has been around and flaring up periodically for a couple thousand years, Hepatitis was found last century I think? There was a plague in France in 1720. Cholera hit in 1817, Spanish flu was 1918-1920. There have been lots of other plagues and stuff too. It looks like someone mashed some legit info with wrong info and just made this up. They handpicked only a few cases and then just changed dates to suit them.

ETA - I just read that and it seems dickish. I was actually interested though and started looking those things up only to find the timeline of the 100 year chart was a bit off..
            Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 03-29-2020, 12:27 PM.

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            In the global timeline a few years is barely a blip in a high end clock

• FunkyButtLovin
            FunkyButtLovin commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed

JohnEmad
          Check out this video: it explains how the S.Koreans have triumphed over covid 19 because of previous viruses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7...ature=emb_logo

This fear and hatred of Asians is completely irrational. And what's wrong with them wanting to be the leaders? I hope they don't use genocide and slavery to found their dynasty the way the USA did...
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            ATU, my friend. Every civilization is based on genocide and slavery for a foundation. Us white guy's suck but we aren't the only ones who suck. Everyone is guilty by association.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            No, Gingerbeard. Not every civilization is. But if it makes you feel better to believe that "we all do it, so it's ok," then I have nothing more to say.

I noticed this ship off the coast of San Diego. I found two quick blurbs about a ship that disembarked, yesterday, and another about ships not being able to find a welcoming port. This is one of those.
          People who come from cruise ships will typically disembark at 'The Embarcadero' which is a money serious tourist area with a few billion dollars worth of boats in it's harbor. I know the area is shut down. And I'm sure every person who took off from that boat is 100% cool. And I'm sure that on their travels home they will not carry C-19 because they came in contact with no one who wasn't %100 so cool.
          I ain't no viral scientologist. So I ain't 100% without my little skepticisms that 14 days in isolation is going to stop anything. Even if it were not my proclivity to vomit myself to death on boats, I've never wanted to go on a cruise. Too confining. Recycled air supply. A motley crue of foreigners. People from Boston are the worst. Never a boat without a few ratts. Boats disappear with no survivors. They wouldn't let me bring my dog Toto because she's not a 'service animal.'
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Crap! Where the hell did that come from? It seems buddy Ryan gifted me some real fine shatter!

• ChefSheri
            ChefSheri commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, GB, I read it just for "the proclivity to vomit myself to death . . ." Keep on with your stoney posts; some days they're the best laugh I'm gonna get!

Tulsa now has drive up testing for all, well all with $250 in their hand, you do get a receipt, at least that sounds like improvement. That will change the numbers. They had a rush of first responders and peps that had been to NY.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            I think we might have been doing that for a while. California is waving costs for all testing. Not sure how long it's been going on..

Word Gingerbeard that ship has diarrhea written all over it
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal I've mentioned the Tijuana river that constantly spills untreated waste into our local Pacific Ocean. You are SO flucking on the money with the ship being shit shaped. HA! Take out 'being' and I made a tongue twister using shit!
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Gingerbeard had an Uncle lived in Ensenada use to tell us all about that. He died but of old age we think LOL
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They are getting serious in Tulsa, bars being raided for being open, $100 to 90 days in jail and they are arresting people charging them with disobeying a civil order.

Comment

Doing that on the east coast for the last week.... I just read about a guy who coughed on some people intentionally and they arrested him for making terroristic threats

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well they couldn't charge him with being a dumbass and make it stick! Where do these idiots come from!?! Here we carry guns, he may have been shot dead right there! Your Honer I was afraid for my life he was coughing on peps!

• RagWeedDWC
                    RagWeedDWC commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rwise Yep!

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh I agree... it says (now that I read it again). He did not have the corona but was pissed off at some employee in this store.... they’’ll probably have some lesser charge and that’s the end of it... once idiots acts are defined, they may have some solid rules, like execution? Frankly, I do believe even minor violent crimes like purse snatching can be solved by lethal injection.... next case. Think that’s a deterrent?

Not just the unwashed masses (I'm sure they are washing now) are displaying panic. Check out Boris Johnson's chief advisor!

Comment

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A rumor warning that the British lock down could last six months. Now that is something to panic about!

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are talking about June 1 here, it is what it is.

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If we can be as effective as the Chinese in control measures the end of June would be our cycle time. However I do not believe this country has the organization to accomplish the same time frame.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1(1).png
Views:	391
Size:	499.1 KB
ID:	389899

Class War of the UK tweets this photo!
                  Last edited by starramus; 03-30-2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X