No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not completely possible nor probable I heard or am making up that suburban neighborhoods are having teenagers arrested for toilet papering houses. Stores are only selling single tissue paper products, like napkins, to minors. You have to be over 21 and not have a violent criminal conviction to buy 2 rolls at a time.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      "It's not completely possible nor probable I heard or am making up" I'm going to have to steal this, perfect for the times.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      You have my (the owner's) express, written permission to do so RagWeedDWC. Feed our paranoias and suspicions that may not be completely possible...

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      The gullible have a ever expanding bag for it all.

JohnEmad Here's what 'Hi!' can do.
    Greeted myself to a new neighbor while getting on the elevator. Asked if he was good with Dabber on the ride. No problem. Chatted to the fourth floor. And a second time. The third time, he was carrying a box of stuff. Said he got laid off but was still chipper. He reached in and handed me two big boxes of Kleenex and three dozen cookies from Costco. He came by to drop off a couple boxes to my dope growing neighbors. He and his wife, Ricky and Dianna, those are their names. R and D stopped by to tell me that D worked for some grocery and sundry organization. They would be bringing me stuff while the C-19 is going on and groceries will be scarce. Not sure how much or what.
    In our chat, he said I'm a decent guy for introducing myself and the way I treat Dabber. I've said hi to D without knowing who she was. Said I had to at least introduce my myself to my neighbors. Some are put off by my hair, beard, and dog. Until they get to know me. Kids love Dabber and I hear 'Hi, Dabber!' and 'Hi, neighbor!'
    I shared cookies with neighbors. Most will have to go to neighbors or Gingerbeard will become Gingerbeard the Larger.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Gingerbeard, You are definitely a unique thinker and I look forward to reading your posts. Although I think we are similar in ways like getting along with neighbors. I know many of my neighbors by first names and we often have a short chat when the opportunity arises. Many have offered help to one another when needed. A windstorm blew one of our big trees onto our roof and when some noticed me up on the roof with a tarp, hammer and chainsaw they appeared with more saws and ready to help without me asking. Hope you all stay safe in the Sandiego area. I spent a couple weeks there at a weed dealers house I met near the beach in 1979.
      He grew plants in his back yard and had 2 German Shepherds as guard dogs. High times indeed.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been smiling and greeting people I see. A little human warmth is always a good thing.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Spending time where I do, I am on a first name basis with several OG types. A few MS-13 tats. Lots of recyclers. Two guys have shown me scars on their arms where they were taken down by a police dog. A Belgian malinois. Dabber is half malinois and half German shepherd. But we're all good.

Well Oregon is under the shelter at home mandate. We're lookin at up to 30 days in jail & a max fine of $1200 for goin out in public for "non essential" activities.
    It's nice to see ppl being overly polite & smiling as they yield & wait- practicing social distancing in the few places allowed to remain open round here. Too bad it takes common strife to unite us.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if stores are sectioning off space for people. My hubby had to go pick up pharmacy things. Now there are 6ft. tape square distancing folks standing in line and by golly don't step out of it else??? Then we get a call later in afternoon…..we can do home delivery. I'm waiting for weed home delivery it's coming i'm sure. JDU F Brown, sister and brother coming for dinner tonight.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      How would that friendly greeting go if they each reached for the last roll of toilet paper.... ‘ oh sorry, you take it, no...you take it “. Hmmm

all nonessential businesses are shut down in Ma, early hours for seniors in food stores, 2 days ago it was go out for a walk today its stay the fuck inside lol, I always say good morning to those who make eye contact and ask how they are ,now I do it from across the street lol.

I do like the idea of no one looking for anything .I am wondering if this is still a thing in May and it looks like it will be .will I be able to get my woods grow set up let alone water them ,so 40 plants in my back yard might be what happens

everyone stay safe and healthy ,and remember a hug can be a deadly these days
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

What they tell me in the news/media/propaganda is this is going to get bad, when they tell me gas is going to go under $1 per gallon. I can afford to mow the yard, but I dont want to go buy it!
      LOL all y'all will like this one, some folks here say they are immune because their lungs are coated from smoking weed! The virus can't get through the gunk. Good luck on that!
      And I wish they would stop talking about a vaccine for this, IF they had it today it would be 18 months before it could be used on the public! Simply not going to happen this round, maybe the next round, maybe.

Comment

My usual routine is to watch tv new as I get ready for work. Whether it 4:00 am or 7:00 am, it’s the same fucking news over and over and over. Now, it all day long and if you remain unaware of the conditions out there... you deserve a kick in the ass but if I hear it 3 times, I know it.... I would, as TV people, just have updates, not repetition and playback of the same stories over and over. Thank goodness for growing... gonna start something to harness this craziness

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          I am learning if I watch national news from any broadcasters it's the same repetitive spin...……@Farmall I think what we tell folks on forums like this what's happening in USA real people talking about their areas you get more true info than media on tv. If we all hear say what's happening let each other know about local happenings. Current events

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          I try and find news online go to forums like this as well as tv to get a more rounded perspective. The usual tv news suspects regurgitate the same pile and i find my brain going numb. No wait that's the 2 teaspoons of tincture I accidentally on purpose ingested.
          But seriously unbiased news is difficult to find.

Illinois is in lockdown as of yesterday, and I am SO glad I'm in the middle of a grow. The irony here is that this is my first legal grow and it's a big 'ol who cares. I'd like to send Pritzker a kiss, some pics, and a thank-you note for approving indoor medical grows, but the pot issue is a bit of dryer lint at this point. Maybe I'll do like oldjarhead100 and throw some plants out in the backyard in May, thus preserving my outlaw status for one more season! At this point, I can't see the neighbors bitching much.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you keep them low and wide they blend right in with the veggies

ChefSheri I tend to agree but just know there are neighbors who ...under any circumstance, believe they are guardians of moral decency and law and go out of their way to just get into your affairs and make things miserable. I had a neighbor like that once. They moved THANK GOODNESS . Me, I could care less. Live and let live

Comment

• ChefSheri
          ChefSheri commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Farmall -- funny thing is, we had THOSE neighbors too, and they too moved away. Their house is sitting empty next to mine (3 yrs now), and I'd love to plant a crop in that backyard; it's much more private than mine! It helps that we're near the end of a dead-end street, and most of our neighbors are 55+ and all pretty cool. Their teenaged grandkids stealing my plants? THAT I'd worry about.

Thank goodness for good neighbors.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I have good neighbors, and I have methhead neighbors, neither of those would touch my plants, its the fucking thieves that I would have to deal with. Most of those know I am a long hair with a big gun and sharp shovel. Further I know where the soft soil is. My other home is off gird, solar power, rain water feed, I may just have to toss out some autos over there.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I make sure to practice my archery in plain view if I stand at the top of the drive way I have a 50 yard shot. and they all notice that lol . the only 2 people I had to worry about one passed away and the other moved ,the one that moved took half a plant one year so now they stay in a green house covered in chain link and on camera ,veggies you can have but not my weed lol

yesterday i ordered some groceries to be home delivered as i usually do from the supermarket, the delivery guy came 4 hours later with the stuff, so i asked if orders are going up because of the situation, he responded "ohh yeah... people that ordered yesterday are still not getting their things today, but im prioritizing the regular costumers over the new ones" so i felt very privileged and fortunate that they want to remain loyal to their loyal costumers, but i also feel kinda bad because i know there are people that may need the delivery service more than me, like someone sick or lonely seniors. anyway just wanted to share and i hope everyone is doing fine

Comment

Fast food places are only doing drive-thru. Gas prices have already hid below $3.00. Maybe I should buy a car.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            The lowest I've seen is $2.99. Gawd love the EPA and California's 'special' gas.

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Waffle house has Curb Side.... go figure, strange times

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Local fast food places only do drive through and delivery. Every damn place that sells food delivers.

The auto repair shop that just got bought and turned into a smog only station. The one down below. You know the one.
          One of the owners is... on the border corralling a surge of people getting over since they can't get through the border crossing. ICE is not arresting nor detaining any of them. They get put on a bus. When the bus is full, it heads for a place the people go back.
          Repair shop owner says it's quite an activity.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

Welp I got some family coming for dinner this afternoon. She's a Physician Assistant he's a trucker they are quite the fun family she'll be telling me all sorts of shit from the Dr. she works under and what's happening in her MD practice. OK well gotta go peel taters, mixup my gravy fixins, cut my beans up and put the big ass chicken in the oven. They're bringing the wine yep staying in !
            Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
            indoor/outdoor grower
            1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
            Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
            Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

We are coming to the end of another day. I went to the city to Whole Foods this morning for the first time in weeks, got there around 8:45, it was pretty empty, and me and the other shoppers gave each other wide berth, though I tried to smile at people. It's funny how people avoid eye contact, like it's gonna give you covid-19 to smile at someone and say howdy.

USA cases and deaths:
              Mar 20 17,303 221
              Mar 21 19,624 260
              Mar 22 26,747 340
              Mar 23 43,963 560
              Mar 24 46,450-52,145 593-677
              I'm really hoping that these numbers reflect the positive effects of most people sheltering in place, staying home. It would be nice to think that the slowed-down climb from Mar 23 to today means that we did do the right thing in pretty good time. However, I could be totally wrong, with the numbers climbing for the next few weeks. But I'm trying to be realistic and hope for the best: that people keep doing the right thing and shelter in place. Gimme shelter.

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                They told us yesterday the numbers are about to jump but it means nothing except they now have more tests. Hmmmm

• GreenState
                GreenState commented
                Editing a comment
                Seeing the numbers now coming out of Louisiana, one has to wonder how Madi gra is playing into those.
                The Florida governor continues to amaze me with his ineptness, look at Broward county numbers for example. Madi Gra = spring breakers.
                But I am surprised with the florida numbers overall, they seem low to me for the population of the state. Perhaps an effect of warmer, more humid weather? Far more test results coming in now, new and backlogged, so they should rise rapidly due to additional data, imo.
                Vermont got the order yesterday from the governor, stay at home order effective today at 5:00pm.
                Last edited by GreenState; 03-25-2020, 06:31 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X