No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a true pet. Just a friendly local seed stealer that lost most of his tail. I'll get a pic.

Comment

Hey I hope things turn around quickly for our southern cousins in the US and the world for that matter.. Not sure why the virus is exploding into the States but action probably needs to be strong and swift to catch it now. For everyone infected 2.3 people per hundred die. Serious business. My wife and I are limiting are excursions to food stores etc to once a week or less and stopping any contact with friends, family or anyone. Is this the twilight zone?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        No I think your being smart JohnEmad.

Heading to camp for a week or two. Northern Adirondacks. No phones, power, 1/2 mile to the nearest neighbor. Come out every few days to hear a little news. Crazy times. Hardest thing is dealing with the plants. Like a baby sitter. We'd do this about six times a year. Now it seems like we almost have to. Crazy.

Comment

• StillHigh1982
        StillHigh1982 commented
        Editing a comment
        Take me with you, no phone sounds fabulous. I'll bring the weed/dabs and a couple gallons of bourbon to hold us over till we can get the still running.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Count me in. I'll bring the chicken soup.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait. Damn. I just talked about the chicken soup thing.

Two handles of Crown and a few magnums of merlot for the Mrs should do.

Comment

Family in Plattsburgh and Rouses Point...say hi for us.... you can’t miss ‘em. 1 has bright yellow hair with green edges, the other one is split red on one side , yellow on the other... me, I’m normal so this seems strange to us 😂. Enjoy your escape!

Comment

Oregon State Parks shut down for day use and camping as of today.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Many things here are now shut down, but you can go across the street into another town and its business as usual. (We aint sick it dont apply to us)
            Tulsa's new park is open, stay 6 feet apart, carry a whistle or bell to tell others to stay away.
            Drive in is open, bring your own snacks.
            The distilleries are making hand sanitizer instead of whiskey.
            18-49 age group being the most affected, at this time.
            and it goes on, and on, and on I am glad the media box has an off!

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              to my understanding young people is getting more affected in the us because its the demographic that didnt thought they were at risk so they carried on with spring break, theyre having contact with a lot of people and older folks are taking more precautions, but just proves anyone can suffer symptoms

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Part of the issue is they told the people this is affecting old folks over 55 and immune compromised folks and not the young

Funky I watch Fox as they put out the most propaganda and one needs to keep up with the shit.

• GreenState
              GreenState commented
              Editing a comment
              " I watch Fox" I watch none of them, fox,cnn, msnbc. I only "watch" the local Boston morning news, the rest I read.--and I try and avoid opinion hack job pieces. I wish they would clearly label all opinion articles. Some are good about it, but not all. Generally read reuters, api , upi etc.
              Last edited by GreenState; 03-23-2020, 04:07 PM.

The college students who went to party, get drunk and sunburned in FL should have been arrested. But see, the country's still kinda half in denial--a lot of folks are acting like there's nothing wrong. Totally in denial. Meanwhile, too many people are allowing this to continue.

Thus, the numbers are going to go up and up in the US for weeks to come, and it will take longer to peak and ebb. With this carelessness, it will kind of be like Italy, where people weren't given the truth for too long and just continued on as normal.

Too many people are out there spreading the virus. Not me, man. I'm staying home. I don't think I'm paranoid: I think I have a pretty good picture of reality and where it's headed.

The ability to be honest with ourselves about what's going on counts for a lot right now. Gotta figure out how to get people out of denial. I guess when all the workers are sick...
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya, when you dont have symptoms yet you are contagious, it is going to spread like wild fire. And when you cant tell when you are near a sick person,, I dont even want to go to the grow shop. I just used an old cat bed for a planter. LOL

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              GreenState That's good news about Italy!!! I would love for this situation NOT to last for 18 months.

Rwise WholeFoods has shopping hours 7-8 for old farts like me (before they open to gen. pub.), I sure hope there aren't a lot of other old farts there when I go... As each day goes by, I realize the grocery store grows riskier and riskier. So I go real early and stay 6 feet away. And hold my breath.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear that! many places are doing the old fart shopping our, but 6 am to 7 am, will keep many of us out. I already go out by myself, the GF stays home for now. I am only going out for have to have shit, like grow supplies!

Well said alltatup Denial is a strong counterpart and it is not easy. My world in this scene has nearly ruined the last 31 years of work. Should this be over in a few months, possibly salvageable. Not coming to that conclusion, I don’t know where things go.

safe to say, I could probably grow a field of weed this week....no one is coming over to look around for the next few months

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Farmall Not gonna end in a few months, my friend. Let's watch what happens in China, how the infection rates decrease, etc. If you look at the link I posted right above, you'll see that the curve of infection in China is levelling off rather than rising. This is GOOD!!! I hope we're levelling off in 3 months.

This is gonna be way more than a few months. It wouldn't surprise me if we don't have face to face classes in the fall. Oh the times they are a'changin...

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Perfect time to change schools to on-line,

I thought it was because the 18-49 age group was the most meth addicted group, they must have their fix.

And then there are those that think it should not be slowed down, let it run its course and get it over with.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              the problem with that is the hospitals will be overloaded, then when someone has need of a respirator none are available so now it becomes a moral issue who dies the 80 year old or the 30 year old

I'm just glad we all have a sweet hobby to keep us busy while we are cooped up. I'm finally going to have time to finish my grow journal. I might run out of tp but I will never run out of weed. Keep calm, grow on.

Comment

"Weed will get you through times without toilet paper, but toilet paper won't get you through times without weed."

Click image for larger version

Name:	FREAK+BROTHERS+3+HEADS.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	387144
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                China propaganda it's not true they say what you want to hear.

Hell yes alltatup. Well put.

Comment

China does not tell the truth. They print only what fuels there economy and it's in the toilet right now.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Jordann
                  Jordann commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Planes are starting to leave China like business as usual. Going to spread a second wave of the virus. And for people that get cured. It's 50 percent easier to get infected again and the same percent more likely to die from it. China will have a second wave of the virus, just wait and watch.

I am confused now......50% easier to catch a virus after already having the antibodies in your system that were built while beating it the first time. All this hysteria saddens me. This is serious but all the misinformation is turning it into a crisis. We are all fine. Some of us will get sick, the vast majority will have no more complications than any other respiratory infection we have had. Some of us are more vulnerable, and those are who we should be worried about. The hygiene and social distance is all most of us can do physically but one more thing we could all do to ease the situation is to stop panicking and stop spreading the misinformation. Be educated, be rational, and be calm. Oh yeah, also be stoned.

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Farmall,
                  I can get on rants sometime but hope my perspectives are useful.
                  Hope I am dead wrong about all this and we all wake up having had a collective bad dream.
                  In the meantime I think my fingers want to roll another one.. Cheers!

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey John ,were all in this together so we all benefit from any directive that provides for us all walking out the same door when it’s over. You’ve got a leg up already.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Amen to remaining rational!!!!!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X