No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So thinking back a couple weeks before Christmas, Little Rocket Man promised Trump a Christmas present. Christmas came and the news folks were saying what's the present? I think it is the virus, China,Russia,NK and Iran are behind it.

Or maybe it's just Mother Nature's way of population control? I guess there are a lot of different ideas on what is really going on. Most of us on here are in our 60's or older and a lot of us have medical issues that put us at higher risk, so stay safe if you can.
    Born August 1956.

Coco-Coir/Perlite Mix
    Mega Crop Nutrients, Bud Explosion.
    36"x36"x73" Grow Tent
    4 bulb T5's for Veg.
    2 VipraSpectra 450 LED for flowering
    IPower 4" Exhaust and Scrubber
    3 Gallon fabric pots.

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that has to be the most absurd conspiracy theory I've heard yet. What kind of idiot would believe that? A virus whose spread can't be stopped? How exactly does one use it on one's enemies?

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      I take it you're not on board? lol

uncledoug this one is just a test in preparedness.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• uncledoug
      uncledoug commented
      Editing a comment
      From what I saw at the store this morning, most were not prepared. I did get two rolls of TP though, just in case it lasts longer than a year. lol

I have never seen the shelves so bare! And just how long do they expect those fresh veggies to stay fresh? The lettuce will look like what in a week? I dont get it, do these people just not have anything at home?
    BTW I got every single item I went after, I did only take 1 bag of rice, (thats all I need) which left 1.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep this is a test of endurance and willpower.

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      The shopping mania is part of the hysteria.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The young lady at the store said this is normal shopping, ya right. If it is not panic buying it is a shortage of supply, which is worse?
      I agree!

9fingerleafs when I worked for the VA anyone who's used the TP they buy tore through 1/4 roll worst "crappiest" cheap, square by square just ripped off. So when we would have big employee meetings (BS Kool-Aid drinking sheep) I'd raise my hand and they knew what was about to come out for a complaint LOL. They ignored me after couple times

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      i guess vets need more help with ptsd than they need tp

Back in the sandbox, where I never was, we used sand to wipe ourselves. Butt, various pits, nose, as a napkin after teatime. We fought for MRE's just because they had a square. Back when I was a mountain man I would rub my ass up and down a tree.
    I had shoes before I had paper to clean my buttocks. The folks used grass clippings on me. I never smelled like baby oil. Only like fresh cut grass. Corn cobs were birthday and Christmas presents.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      From Canada: tabernac Esti cōlis eh

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Had an uncle who used to say "A nice fresh hemlock branch pulled quick does a nice job"

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      having worked up in the far North from the arctic circle to the Beaufort sea you have to be tough. Even the TP was tough up there, didn't take shit from anybody.

Damn you guys are ruff LOL

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      there is a time when having the right to believe bullshit is less important for humanity than staying alive. its not the time to express our opinions, its time to listen to those who know more than us. and a good oportunity to remember humans are not in control of everything. diseases and natural disasters are a part of nature and we have to take them seriously

for those struggling to find information not tainted with regional interests here is a video from award winning german educational channel kurgzgesagt,
    Get Merch designed with ❤ from https://kgs.link/shop-120 Join the Patreon Bird Army 🐧 https://kgs.link/patreon ▼▼ More infos and links are just a click aw...

worked with 5 of the worlds top epidemiologist to create this video. it is an explanation on how viruses work and this virus in particular

Comment

Seaweed isn't used. It's too slimy. Makes a messy job messier. Seagrass is the way you want to go. Little barnacles grow on the blades. Does a fantastic job! Sea cucumbers are tricky. After the deed is done, you can squeeze them for a refreshing salt water cleansing. The Kumeyaay indians were into that ocean holistic cleaning thousands of years ago.
      Here's something to think about next time you're on the pot. If you had an open wound on your arm and smeared your poo into it, you would be a nasty animal and you would get a nasty infection. When yer butthole gets a wound, like hemorrhoids, you don't get an infection.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        leaving on the road in new zealand we would use sea grass to make sort of an aloofa to rinse and scrub dishes down the rivers and lakes

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        The butthole has self control we gotta save that paper. If it gets so bad that they run out or cant deliver which I don't see happening, but everyone has a different opinion.
        Last edited by Jordann; 03-19-2020, 03:08 PM.

Imagine if this were a test to see how many irrational sheeple would buy massive quantities of non essential items in a time of crisis. Let's say it's a point based system, but like golf, the lower your score the better. Let's say people with a score higher than "x" lose the right to reproduce, the decision can be appealed but you better have a good excuse for why you were behaving like a mouth breather over and over again for the period of time required to group you into the mouth breathing sheeple demographic. I just got 2 points added to my score for run on sentences and grammar. I am also hoarding Gatorade, dabs, bullets, beer, whiskey and cheese...another 2 points.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        It's not a run-on, it's a comma splice like I just did.

No. Let's don't let us do that StillHigh1982 I'm thinkin' yer tryin' t' check m' moral compass.
      y'cn keep yourn sugar water 'n beer 'n whiskey, but don' hoard dabs 'r cheese. But yourn ammernition looks right fine. 'n 't mightn't be a good 'deer to let folk know 'bout yer stash.
      Imma gunna go t' yer house, get you good-n-drunk 'til you pass out, an' steel all yer shit. Walk yer dog, first, then steel yer shit.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

I've been keeping up with the check thing since it was proposed by someone who is not being credited. This a major bipartisan event in the big houses. Several options are being looked at from both sides. I'm not going to mention any of the options or say which is wright or wrong. There is no single answer to this. The winning side will stack bookoo votes. The losing side might as well give up their seats. It is very possible that every person in the forum will find his/her own personal opinion about how this should happen in one of the news feeds. The news is all the same so it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as multiple sides are given, and no personal ones. If you can find it in more than one source, it might be legit.

A thousand dollars, to me, is almost an entire month's income. I need a few things. Really need. Not just want because someone throws me a Cleveland. I don't pay taxes because of my income level and the source of my income. However much I need cash, it's a struggle for me to consider using it or sending it back because I need things but I need to man up and quit spending my money on stupid shit. If I have to pay it back, I'm not using it. I've mentioned that my only inconvenience is not finding cheese and a better than $.89 bag of white bread. Companies are upping production of scarce items and the government is controlling price gouging as well as they can. If you get gouged, tell the police. Seriously. It's pretty much a federal offense to do so. Evictions and foreclosures are being halted. Utilities cannot be cut off. Schools are able to provide meals to the kids who relied on schools for breakfast and lunch. When this gets contained, people will be living in fire hazards of houses with roaches from rotting food.

To me, albeit not even a month's rent for most of San Diego, it is, at least, a gesture. It is a fkuking drain on the economy. Whatever money has been, is being or is planned on being spent by the government will have to change. It will be a worldwide change because countries will default on their loans to other countries. Doesn't matter where it comes from or who gains or loses. The financial crisis will get worse. More, major changes will be happening for years.

So, there we go. Who's up for a group hug? Maybe a cry? A 100 arm hooka?

To lighten things up, a bit. Major cities are reporting zero or close to zero DUI arrests, where bars are closed. I haven't heard karaoke blasting through my bedroom wall, that is two stories up from the bar below. No cigarette smoke from the open smoking area attached to the bar, wafting up the stairs. There is no rush our traffic on my street.

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          That tiny check is not for you and me, we dont work

The state of California is now under 'stay at home' orders...
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

Okay. Someone do some research and find out if this is going to grow me some fat tomatoes. See if it's the deep, dark web secret UV we don't know about for growing. I'm going to watch Rick Steves walk around Ireland. He's on 'Dingle Peninsula' right now. Seriously. Dingle! Don't let your dingle dangle dangle in the dirt.
          "Where d' ye live, young man?"
          "I live on th' bottom of th' Dingle, ser. Tucked do'n b'neath th' sacred boulders?"
          "And what's yer kin fer? What d' ye' make, do'n b'neath th' sacred boulders?"
          "Th' winter, we all get tucked in. Th' sum'r's fer makin' r stinky cheese?

Demand has surged for robots equipped with powerful ultraviolet lights that can kill viruses.
          Last edited by Gingerbeard; 03-19-2020, 10:31 PM.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            GB, Have you taken your temperature recently?

I've been posting a lot of posts.
          Last one. And it kind of pisses me off. That show, 'Preppers?' Some of those sunsufbitches were right!!!
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, not very diff from saving food for the winter every year, we need to save food and energy for other kinds of hard times but still the same human concern

First death in Tulsa is a 55 YO priest, how many folks did he shack hands with? He also worked at ORU (university)
          And there are 2 children under 4 YO that are positive. We are out of the shit to do the test and they are sending some out of state for testing. Now they are only testing those at high risk and those that show all the symptoms. They have even said we will not have real and accurate states on this because of the lack of testing available.
          Me Myself and I think the media needs to back off a little, they are scaring the hell out of folks that listen. They think they can control every aspect of our lives, they can not. They think they can control this virus they can not, it is going to spreed and mutate as it does so. Obviously it is now affecting young folks too.
          I have said this will get bad, but not why. It is going to get bad because of the freaked out people. The ammo shops have bare shelves, the suppliers are out and the MFG has no inventory to sell. (stuff that only sold maybe 1 per month has been 20 per day, expensive shit too) The grocery stores also have bare shelves, is from over demand or under supply?
          The good for me side is fuel prices are down, though I am not sure I want to go buy it! LOL
          I will be getting the fishing poles ready, the wild greens will be up very shortly, just butchered some rabbits (Flemish giant x giant chinchilla), new litter just born, chickens are laying eggs and 1 about to set, I wont go hungry!

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Our Province declared a state of emergency and people are in a sort of frenzy to obtain goods of any type.I know where to go to get deer, moose just a short drive from me so we will not go hungry. Have a backup genset, growing greens as well. This all seems sureal.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X