Smoking weed after mouth surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking weed after mouth surgery?

I know this isnt about growing but thought this may be a sorted place to ask. Had surgery where im left with stitching on the inside and out of my cheek and they put my wisdom tooth back in place (no teeth are removed). Is it okay for me to still smoke weed? Surgery happened 2 days ago and wondering of any pain or possible infection (smoking the pure bud and the paper)

My roomate got sucker punched in the mouth while using a computer in a public library by a crazy guy with mental health issues. the dentist had to stitch back the top gum to the lip and over the teeth and also close the lower lip that got split in half from the inside all the way to the edge of the lower lip. it was a nasty injury, the dentist said he couldnt smoke anything for weeks, for a couple of days he would struggle to get the straw in his mouth just to eat, only liquid food. the third day he could suck from the straw with little pain so he asked me to roll him a joint and he smoked it, he kept smoking with no issues everyday since but when we went back to the dentist to get the stitches removed she explained how weed can help with the pain but it is an immune depressor so it makes the healing slower and increases risk of infection. i dont know if this helps but i dont think smoking its a big deal if you have good hygiene and overall good health

Comment

• SaltyBongRip
      SaltyBongRip commented
      Editing a comment
      Yah i got fucking socked by a group of lads. Seems from what ive read that infection is really the only thing i should be worried about and the healing process too sure. I am taking antibiotics too atm tho so that should also help. Sounds like this joint is about to be sparked.

If suction is an issue (dry socket is an issue with newly removed teeth) you can get an electronic bowl that pumps the smoke out into your mouth. You just breathe normally and no suction is required. The only downside is it burns up your weed really fast. So not super efficient way to smoke, but will work with out causing pain issues.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea Toker1. Any time that I've had oral surgery, the Doc even said not to use soda straws as well. One could lite up a joint or pipe and just inhale the smoke thru their nose and keep the negative pressure from affecting the wound.

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! I couldn’t imaging experiencing that type of pain after an oral surgery with out smoking on something.

Just stop smoking for a few days. Why the hell would you chance it. Besides think how good the buzz will be when you start.

Comment

“Just stop smoking” is an easy answer for someone who produces enough Cannabinoids internally to support daily functions. For the rest of us (myself and plenty others) we need medication to experience the same frame of mind. The judgements, in that case, lack the scientific backing to support that particular cause.
      The endocannabinoid is a complex system that still isn't fully understood. We'll go over what experts do know about it, including how it works, the ways it interacts with cannabis, and theories about its role in different conditions.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        i even think most heavy users at some level gravitate towards cannabis for that exact reason. weather they realize it or not, if the cannabinoid system in our bodies was balanced enough then cannabis wouldnt be so attractive or have such a big impact in our lives and quality of life. one could argue we got here by using more and more but now that cannabis is getting out of the closet is pretty obvious some people benefit a lot while others not so much

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        anything related to eating, energy intake, rest, sleep, mood and a bunch of other stuff we are now realizing its regulated by the cannabinoid system, and when i talk to doctors (have several in the family graduated after the 2000s) they still weren't thought in school about the cannabinoid system

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes! Exactly!! I have family that owns urgent care facilities. They hire doctors all the time. Most doctors they run into are unaware of this entire system! Perhaps could be due to politics pulling the wool over peoples eyes. Just guessing.

Toker1 do you have a link to that ebowl?

or maybe this is it? https://everythingfor420.com/product...20-weed-blower

lol

Comment

Me Myself and I use a free hitting pipe after having a tooth pulled,,,

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I do too but I always worry about it. My sister in law is a dentist and she’s given me horror stories. I also had a different dentist tell me it’s not as big a deal but could be very painful. I’ve never had any problems including hitting my aquapipe after getting my wisdom teeth pulled.

Just having combustion by products and other assorted debris come in contact my new open wound in my mouth tells me maybe I should try to cool it a bit. I've recently had several implants and a couple of root canals. I thought it wise to heed the doctors advice. It served me well.

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Understood, but I would think the bacteria already present In The mouth would be a larger threat to the open wound. I’m no doctor, but that would be my first concern.

How about edibles?
      A tooth cracked, got pulled. I don't know about your coughing tolerance, but when I smoked and coughed, my wound would bleed.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Toker1 The bacteria are going to be there regardless. Some good some bad. Just introducing as few complications as possible is what I'd do.
        I do like the idea of a blower pipe. I've got a nice 32cc unit I may try to convert. What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah. Just saying I would be more concerned about the bacteria present than combusted plant material. Now if a hot cherry flew into the wound... that might be extremely painful. So caution always needs to be taken.
          Yes, I have seen guys hook up a pipe to an air mattress 2 way pump. Does the same thing as the electric pump does.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Gargling with a hydrogen peroxide and water solution helps with healing.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I very gently swished saltwater around the tooth area every time I smoked. I’m sure the whole thing is not a good idea but I didn’t have any negative effects except I think it took longer to heal. Smoke up Johnny! Or don’t.

Originally posted by SaltyBongRip View Post
        I know this isnt about growing but thought this may be a sorted place to ask. Had surgery where im left with stitching on the inside and out of my cheek and they put my wisdom tooth back in place (no teeth are removed). Is it okay for me to still smoke weed? Surgery happened 2 days ago and wondering of any pain or possible infection (smoking the pure bud and the paper)
        Gummies, might be a safer bet, as it sounds like you will require a few weeks to heal...I suspect any form of coughing would not be good for you..

Comment

FYI everyone.
          This post is two years old!
          Back to playin in the dirt!
          Currently growing 8 Scarlet Grape. Check it out here:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...dalone-journal
          I do not currently partake. I grow for fun. Someday!

Comment

missed that...curious to why it was on the first few pages...

thanks

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X