Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you guys plug the holes in your tent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys plug the holes in your tent?

Noticed a constellation forming on the side of my tent. Anyone know of a fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hole.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	372538
    Attached Files

Duct tape. Nothing thin like masking tape. You have to use layers to block the light completely.
    Whatever you use, put it on the outside of your tent. The heat inside your tent can make things peel off.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by RFheavy View Post
      Noticed a constellation forming on the side of my tent. Anyone know of a fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hole.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	372538
      With three more stars you'd have Ursa Major. I use black electrical tape on the outside of the tent.

Comment

I don't even worry about them I just keep the room dark that they're in I kind of expected that anyways for the price I paid for the tent
        5x5 tent
        2000 watt Aglex cob series
        Mars SP250
        Six inch carbon filter
        Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally agree with you about these cheap tents. I have been meaning to replace the poles with pvc but have been extremely lazy. It's going to take something drastic like my light falling in order for me to finally get the ball rolling. The hard way is the only way to learn. D:

One of the reasons I only grow autoflowers.
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          I have never grown autos but I have a bunch of freebies. Is this a sign?!

I agree with Gingerbeard, duct tape the holes both inside and out side the tent. I take it one step further and drape a dark colored sheet over the area with the holes. I hope this helps.

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          I could actually clothes pin a beach towel over this area as well! Thanks for the drape idea!

I used the metallic chrome duct tape on the inside of my tent for all of the pin holes and seams. Light up the outside, close yourself inside and tape away.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          That's the ticket. The actual metal film tape that is approved for use on HVAC ducting. Not "duct" tape. It doesn't peel after months under HID lights. You couldn't get that adhesive to come lose with a putty knife.

Chewing gum or tobacco.
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• RFheavy
          RFheavy commented
          Editing a comment
          The gum would look cool in different colors!

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          RFheavy yeah, the chewing tobacco would look like shit...

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Not under that CSI UV light. Even chewing tobacco would look cool under that.

Stay away from Copenhagen snuff. It's too fine and too dry. You can use pretty much any other long cut brand. Even grab a tasty cherry or peach flavor. Something with lot's of juice. Mix them together for cheech.
        The matter comes down to how accurate you can spit. A sloppy spitter is going to have a lot of juice where she misses. If you leave too long a trail you will wind up with tobacco juice all over your plants. However you feel about spitting on your plants, the nicotine is a 'natural' poison for insects. Not just people.
        The juice will dry and crust. The crust will block the light. The more you spit, the more you'll cover the holes. Spit high, at first. Let the brown juice run down and crust over holes below.
        Try not to swallow the juice. It tastes nasty and is a little slimy going down. Keep it off your clothes. If you get some on and don't know it, you'll have a crusty spot. And for we men of the Brotherhood of the Beard, don't get it in your beard. I hear it's hell to get out of your hair.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Lololol 👍

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what she said.

I'm thinkin of tryin fingernail polish on the outside.

Comment

The tiny pin holes? I’d be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that a full moon reflects more sunlight than those would ever let inside.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I hope you're right because I have 800w of HPS burning just a few feet away from my tent.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not just the wattage...it’s the square area the light must pass through. Change your equation to 1000w HPS and it’s still too small of a hole to transpire any significant lux.

Like Obi-Wan I use the metalized tape. 3M makes a very good one, it’s sticky as heck and looks like the reflective Mylar....slivery and shiny. It has a peel off protective layer that keeps it super sticky. You can also cut it into small circular patches so there are no hard corners.

Comment

Yes, what Obi-Wan and Farmall said. Go to the hardware store, ask the person in the heating department for the real, metallic, tape that you can use on heat duct. Which is not "duct tape". You may not happen to know that if you aren't an HVAC professional, or haven't had to remodel a homes' heating system.

Or, if you don't care what it looks like, you could throw a tarp over the whole thing.
              Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• RFheavy
                RFheavy commented
                Editing a comment

I got a bunch of that!!!!!

• DingusKhan
                DingusKhan commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a roll for each of the three times I needed to actually use it heat ducting, but couldn't find the one I already had.

I should wallpaper my veg closet in it.

• homegrown
                homegrown commented
                Editing a comment
                yup..thats the stuff. it sticks to pretty much anything.. and lol DingusKhan ditto that....had a roll for my home heating ductwork, couldnt find it, bought another, then got another roll when i ordered some 6" vent tube. could probably patch a hole in an aluminum boat with this stuff.

Home Depot has extreme weather aluminum tape that will take high heat and humidity. I’m using it to wrap my ducting Which was supposed to be light tight but isn’t.
              JDU Great idea!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X