Cheap LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap LEDs

So I was on eBay came across this cheap 28 dollar led. Supposed to be a 2000 watt I know it ain't it may draw 50 at most. But so far it's doin good. Doesn't get a bit got puts out plenty and full spectrum. I've ran it 4 or 5 days now plants are reaching like they found a sweet spot.my 2 good ones that is. Anybody else tried these I know alot will advise against thm but take in account vipra and those company's and there sponsored ppl are gonna tell u anything to sell a product. Please any feedback I'm curious if anyone else is getting results with these China lights.

I plan on getting a dual fan 2000 watt China knock off too one that closely resembles a vipra in every way and try it too. Just running one 4 now and man is it bright.you can't look into it without hurting eyes. It has mostly red and about 15 blue and 4 far it and uv 2 each. We'll see in bloom I guess.

Comment

Don't Forget to wear some appropriate glasses to protect your eyes!

I like these, they fit nicely over my regular glasses and they kind of "hook" on to them: No Slipping!

Last edited by Sledrock; 02-02-2020, 12:31 PM.
      3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
      3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
      Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
      2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
      4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
      6" Oscilatting Fan
      GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
      "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Lol I was curious about intensity.

Comment

I'm not against them - they only last a couple years tho
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I use an LED light. But that's not why I'm here.
            I'm here to talk bad about China Cheap. I had one off-brand t5 light I bougt last January . The thing died after 500 hours. The second didn't give me much more than that. I have one GE I bought at the same time. No problems at all.
            If your light is coming from China, how long do you have to wait and how long would it take for a return, should you have problems?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• RFheavy
              RFheavy commented
              Editing a comment
              Can confirm. Had the exact same problems with a t5.

• Jordann
              Jordann commented
              Editing a comment
              I know their not all the same that is forsure, but philizion I got 2 of their 1600 watt lights. One went to shite, one panel out of 4 stopped working. I emailed the company they got back to me promptly I sent a couple videos to them their sending a new light at their expenses once I proved I was the original owner through Amazon, I get to keep the old one, maybe they don't want to pay to have a broken light shipped back to them. The first time I order, came in 5 days to Ontario from China. The replacement is said to be on priority shipping, hoping 5 days this time as well. They've been around a few years now atleast and they seem to have their lights dialed in. Worth a search and scroll through their selection decent prices as far as I'm concerned.
              Last edited by Jordann; 02-23-2020, 11:05 PM. Reason: Forgot shipping timetable

I have a set of 6 strips 60w each. Cheap China -supposed to be worthless -but the plants sure do love em!! 2 at 120w by FAR out perform a 216w T5 but I haven't trusted them to use alone. Someday I might do a full run with them & see how good they really are.

edit: But note that my Mars Hydro out performs them 10x more than they to the T5s so I'm not saying they are wonderful lol. They ARE adequate to veg a small area
            Last edited by JDU; 02-02-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

It actually came from my just made in China I'm assuming. But yeah. I'm just on a budget but trying to go Max on everything now I've realized that cheap ain't the way to go but every now and then you luck out on a item.i never make a jump without a backup plan though when it comes to taking care of my babies.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                Gingerbeard commented
                Editing a comment
                Buy the best you can afford. That's it in a nutshell, really. You'll wind up spending more on replacing cheap lights.

Came from Kentucky I meant to say

Comment

Full spectrum? I only see reds and blues? Where is the rest of the spectrum hiding at?
                4x4 600w HID empty for summer
                3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
                2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
                running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
                https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

2 far red or and 2 uv

Comment

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, I see that. The low and high end (nm) of the light spectrum. Missing the middle. ROYGBIV (the real full spectrum from grade school science class) but I only see R&V here. 🧐

Well idk and just thought I'd try em out they don't put out any heat and are cool to touch with fan goin. Idk about specs and waves and they say half the company's lie anyway all I know is I'm testing them thought I'd share my pros and cons along the way. So you think I'd be better off with a 200 watt viparspectra than a 2000 watt cheapo for say 4 plants? Cause I'm going with one or the other soon and probably got 3 plants at least to supply light for? Long as it last me a grow or 3 I'm cool with buying another one down the line

Comment

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So if it consumes watts then it puts off heat. I understand that might be minimal, but that’s only because the watts consumed are minimal. If you are buying a light for its price tag, that one might be the right one for you. I hear good things about the viaspectrua but my only experience with the bluerple LED are with mars hydro. Yields were disappointing. I would suggest getting a quantum board LED. You will only need 30 watts per square foot to yield well.

• JDU
                    JDU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mars hydro aren't blurple anymore- if they were before. These are some bad assed lights 👍🚜

• Toker1
                    Toker1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    JDU you are correct. This was the mars hydro 1200 I was using. Blurple. This was back in 2014-15. It was much like this one, minus the veg and bloom switches. The one I had only had on or off lol (previous model).
                    Last edited by Toker1; 02-02-2020, 10:09 PM.

For four plants I'd go with something a bit larger. You will want to be growing more later on in your cannabis evolution. I have two of these 600 watt Viparspectras.

Comment

• starramus
                    starramus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They are not your high end Quantum Boards, but many forum members give them a pass. Beware that e-bay light. One 600 watt should do you.

Did I miss how big your tent is?
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

Closet or multiple closets

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                      Gingerbeard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sorry, still same question. How big are your closets? Space and ventilation have a huge part to play in what sort of lights you use. I'm assuming your closet ceilings are typical 8'-1"?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X