No announcement yet.

Cheap LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look into the LED spine & rib sets like Farmall YYCannabis & a few others run. Mars Hydro makes a very nice light as well.

Comment

Thanks for input. I basically have about 75 to 85 to spend on one and want most fo4 my buck with most coverage and good yeild. Any input on something in that range would be appreciated.

Comment

I like growing 2 to 4 at a time staying under 5 to keep it a slap on the wrist fine

Comment

Grow space is like 3x3

Comment

Couldn't attach a pic to a comment so here's my Mars hydro not blurple pic.
          Attached Files

Comment

the bigger problem is this: most of these LED panels coming from China are not safety tested and certified and their output claims are almost always exaggerated. They may be inexpensive but ultimately they will not do the job in the long run. Ask yourself this: how long and how often do you plan to grow your own cannabis? Wouldn't you rather spend more money on a decent light knowing it will last? Also, these lights run a minimum of 12 hours everyday. This is the biggest reason to make sure they are safety tested and certified to avoid premature fail rates or worse yet, electrical fires.

Sadly Amazon has a policy that states that anything sold on the Amazon Marketplace that plugs in to an electrical outlet, must meet Federal and/or State (or province in Canada) electrical safety standards (UL, CSA or ETL) but they do not check/verify products at all so these third party sellers are selling electrical devices that haven't passed any safety certification or thorough testing. These sellers will claim that they do but they are using the "CE" certification (think "self certified") which is not recognized in North America (or UK, Europe). Additionally this certification is regularly faked https://support.ce-check.eu/hc/en-us...se-Export-Mark

I tried the "cheap" route once and my pitiful yields were a direct result of a cheap light(s). Remember, nothing compares to the Sun, so indoor growers need to try to get as much out of their lights as possible.

Light is the biggest factor in the grow. Everything else is secondary, IMHO. You can have the best soil or hydroponic set up in the world, the best nutes on the market and the purest water but it all means spit unless you have enough full spectrum light.

If LED is what you are looking for, they do run cooler than traditional panels and the only manufacturer that I know of that has verifiable safety certification is ViparSpectra and only on certain models (mine is a 900W UL certified).

Good luck
            I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I run the Mars sp250 I think I will sell my cob light and grab another sp250 or maybe tsw2000
              mars makes very good lights
              5x5 tent
              2000 watt Aglex cob series
              Mars SP250
              Six inch carbon filter
              Current grow 2 x ice cream cake, 2 x Torontonian Cookies 2 x shishkaberry and 1 x BC OG all reg​​ seeds

Comment

Yeah. I just ordered the Mars hydro ts 600 can't wait to try it 79 bucks eBay can't beat price for quality new qb tech

Comment

I got 2 old skool haze a white widow and auto lemon haze under 5 40w t12s now. And a dark devil and alh under 5 100w led house bulbs they are doin great. Just can't wait to o move em under the Mars hydro may leave the t12s as extra

Comment

I ditched the 10w so called 2000w China 28 dollar eBay junk do not get those lights waste time n money

Comment

• Jordann
                      Jordann commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Gotta move up to the 2000 watt 200 dollar China junk. Get better results but gotta get a new one every grow or 2
                      Last edited by Jordann; 03-03-2020, 11:11 AM. Reason: I don't proof read

I picked up a mars hydro tsw 2000, so far I like it. A tad under $175 across the counter

Comment

• JDU
                      JDU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Where did you get yours?

Originally posted by Sledrock View Post
                    Don't Forget to wear some appropriate glasses to protect your eyes!

I like these, they fit nicely over my regular glasses and they kind of "hook" on to them: No Slipping!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    I bought some of those based on your recommendation. Love Em. They fit over my glasses and are comfortable. As for cheap LEDs they can work well too. I've had some great results.Just keep aware of light burn from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                      I picked up a mars hydro tsw 2000, so far I like it. A tad under $175 across the counter
                      That seems too cheap. That's priced like a tsw 1000 retail. Where'd you get it? I may get one.

Comment

• Rwise
                        Rwise commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I got it at Skunk Grow in Tulsa, on 51st about memorial, the tsw 1000 was ~$130 before tax, but they were sold out. That model moves fast, (my brother got the last one, more coming) and they only had one of the 2000s left when I walked out with mine. They also have many other brands all the way up to black dogs!

• JDU
                        JDU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll BET they move fast! I paid 235 for mine on Amazon. Dont tell them!!! I'm gonna see if they'll do a mail order

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X