2nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd attempt

*First thing first. shout out and huge thank you to FunkyButtLovin. helped me out got some fem seeds. thank you sir*

so took out my 6 failures, cleaned my tent. gonna do it again quick before putting these guys in. Put 2 white widows in glass of PHd water on wed. night played the hokey pokey for a while. I finally got em to sink. didnt see any cracks but was worried and the water was cold so put them into solos w/happy frog thurday night. covered. 18w cfl just above. thought I seen something when I went down today, came home from work to these 2 helmet heads! Got me some Blackstrap for my water. Question, when should I up the lights? how much is too much water? Ive just been spray with a water bottle, havent actually poured in water. Thanks again for all the help/advise. Hopefully this can be a good run or @least no TRANNIES!
    If you get confused....listen to the music play

I'll grow along with you until you get 'em going good. I have some seedlings of the same age right now and they are also under a cfl (14w) and will be for a few more days. Yours definitely look plenty wet in the pics. At this stage I water with an old cough medicine syringe.

I opened these up one at a time today from left to right to allow them to dry out at different rates to show how the soil looks when it should be watered. The cup on the left is ready for water, not an emergency yet but shouldn't be left unwatered much longer if you can help it. The center cup would still be ok for a few hours but if you were going to possibly be away for 8 hours or more, you could give it a few ml now just to be safe but don't overdo it. The cup on the right was just opened a few minutes ago so it's still quite moist and it needs no water for up to half a day, maybe even longer if it gets covered back up to hold in the moisture. Your mileage may and likely will vary a bit but this will get you close until you get dialed in. Mine are being kept in mid 70s temps and ~50% RH without a fan blowing on them.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200201_171529.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	372082

This is what I use to water and I water in circles around the seedling. This is the left cup after one syringe full of water, I gave it one more full syringe after the pic.

Name:	20200201_172122.jpg
Views:	591
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	372084

Here are all three cups after watering. The left cup receieved two syringes worth, the center got 2 and the right cup was damp enough that I did not water it at all.

Name:	20200201_172509.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	372085

Yours look like they'll open right up but if they don't drop the shell in a day or two you can use a pipette or your fingertip or whatever to place a single drop on the stuck shell to soften it up then it will usually shed it. If it stays stuck you may have to moisten it again and remove it manually. It also may never cause an issue even if stays stuck so just use your best judgement when it comes to such matters.

Name:	20200201_171836.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	372083

Comment

Thanks man! I did pour a little water on before I seen your post, not a lot , But other than that just misting, I do have a syringe if it's bedst. I will let em dry a little . I'll keep an eye on the shell. Should I move to a stronger CFL? Or put it under the 600.
      Will keep,this updated . Thanks again for the help
      Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-01-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        I have mine under 10 23 watt CFLs and a 50 watt LED panel higher up led a foot above and CFLs 3 inches above leaves to keep from having them stretch too far. It's hard to have 2 many CFLs. My little box is at 30'c and 75 RH at the moment.

I keep mine under a 14w cfl for a few days then either a blurple led or straight to 400/600w MH if I already have one going (always do now) and room underneath it.

Comment

I have some I planted a few days ago so I guess I'll be growing along side you both as well. Growing some Blueberry Headband for this next one. Don't have any pictures yet but I have a few that are about a week out of the soil as well. Was going to grow some The White but the seeds popped and I must have under watered cause they weren't doing too good so I pulled them and planted 2 more. Anyway, I'll get some pictures and try to keep up with you guys since I'm still learning and wouldn't mind having a grow or 2 to compare to. Would be nice to see if I'm actually getting my techniques down and what I can improve on. Anyway, happy growing!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by dphipps1020; 02-02-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

So when I went down today, I just popped the seed with some tweezers very careful. They fell right off. So I'll watch em. Soil is pretty moist. Gonna do a once over inside my tent.Was gonna prep/water some 1 gallons today or do you think it's best to right into 3 or 5 g? I only have 1g cloth pots right now so was gonna start in them
          Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-02-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Nice job with the surgery!

With photoperiod plants I like to go from cup to 1gal to final pot whether it's a 3 or 5gal. With autos or if I was doing a home med grower sea of green I like cup to final 2 gal pot.

Comment

they fell right off, still hope i didnt piss em off, as of right now how they look. 1 opened 1 seems to be a little behind. got my 1 gallons filled with happy frog waiting to see em grow a little.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Looks like the beginnings of a successful grow! Don't rush to pot them up, the longer you wait the easier it is to keep the roots & soil intact during transplanting so the roots don't get disturbed and cause shock/stunting. I plan on transplanting mine around valentine's day and if they were photos it would probably be a few days after Valentine's day. Mine are autoflowers and sometimes they start flowering in the solo cups so I'm going to start transplanting them around day 14-15 instead of 18-20.

Ok. I can hold on it, move em into the tent first. I'll just keep my light away.thanks

Comment

here they are as of last night. opening up now. ive waited on water ,gonna see how they look after work. got my 600w LED going in my tent, I may move em in to the tent. Question I know my humidity will go up some when I get the plants in and growing but whats the best way to adjust that. I did run a humidifier last night for a little while in the empty tent, didnt really seem to change any?

Comment

• JohnEmad
                  JohnEmad commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Diesel grower, glad you have some help with the grow. We all need a little with this hobby.I am subbed for your grow. As far as humidity you can run a humidifier or mist he tent periodically once the plants are in their vegetation stage. I try to keep my tent at 50 to 60% in veg but plants still grow well even at 30/40% I have found. It's just not ideal

• Dieselgrower
                  Dieselgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll have to see if it comes up once I move em in. I did put the humidifier on again, just to see.

so just an update 1 week since Ive put them into soil. I did give them a little water on tuesday, but seem to be dry today so I may give them some tonight as Ive never real given them a lot. I dont wanna overfeed either, #1 seems to be growing @ a faster rate but both are getting 2nd leaves. Had a few question
                Should I trim the solos down a little? So they can grow out? seem to be moving toward the sides, dont know if i should prop them some how to go up straight
                I posted a pic of how i have them now, didnt know if I should wait for the tent/light til I pot or should I change anything( more light? further away? ) I only have a 23w CFL 6500k bulb right now and theyre on a seedling mat
                Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You could add more soil to the cup if you think they are going to bend over you don't want that. Add more soil to firm up around stem. Watch out getting water on leaves close to light now just water very little around soil just moist, no nutes yet.

• Dieselgrower
                  Dieselgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i had a syringe so ive just did a tiny bit tuesday with that. no nutes I figured the happy frog had some. Just PHd water with a little blackstrap. I dont know if theyre trying to bend to the light but maybe before i water ill add some soil. Im honestly afraid to screw with em while they look ok, my luck sux with this plant but hope to change that
                  Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-06-2020, 10:29 AM.

just wanted to throw up a few updated pics. I moved em into the tent friday night. got my 600w led about 20" away. the paper that came with light said 12" from canopy but that seemed to close to me. still have them in the tub on the seeding mat. Did trim of the tops of cups they were growing into them. seem to be good still just giving them a little water and BSM every few days(gave 40ml on friday). seem to be doing good so far.

Comment

• Dieselgrower
                  Dieselgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ill try that. great idea.

• FunkyButtLovin
                  FunkyButtLovin commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They're looking great and growing fast, nice work!

• Dieselgrower
                  Dieselgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Funky for your help

Very good looking beginnings, don't over love it LOL
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Dieselgrower
                  Dieselgrower commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thats the hard part, just leaving them alone. been very light on the feeding so to not over water. but Im stoked so far

ok, had a panic attack when my girls wer all dry today when I woke up!! only things changed is my tent and the humidifier. I did turn that off thinking maybe the fan is getting at em?? They are still on the seedling mat too, could it be heat on the roots?@ work so im gonna look through some pics as I can. I did feed them 30ml as they were dry, I havent really fed them too much really, just ml at a time,. i was gonna do it last night as 1 looked droopy., I hope theyre ok. What do you guys think?
                Last edited by Dieselgrower; 02-11-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Well I touched a leaf and it broke a piece off it was dry??. So who knows. Unplugged the mat and humidifier.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That seedling is big enough to just sit under a CFL or T-5 2-3 inches away.

• Dieselgrower
                    Dieselgrower commented
                    Editing a comment
                    in the tent is my 600w LED about 20" away, maybe its too much?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X