Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Grow, 1st Grow thread-Doing it in the snow

Good afternoon everyone,
    This is my second post and my first new topic. My GF and I have been smoking for a while and not knowing what we were smoking bugged us. My GF has a herniated disk and is in pain most of the time, in November we started talking about growing and here we are. I went through Nirvana and ordered feminized Blackjack for her and AK48 for me, (I want to know what high THC levels really are) and have been insulating some basement walls and just getting ready. I got all the materials from with in Canada, (would you believe Amazon wont sell me a tent?) and am just waiting for my aircooled light fixture to show up. I have also been taking notes from the GWE website and following Whattze's grow. I will be planting 2 AK48 and 2 Blackjack.
    I have included some pictures to situate you with how I am set up
    Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast

First grow 600W HPS w/air cooled fixture growing in a CoCo and Perlite medium.
    2 BlackJack plants for my GF
    2 AK48 plants to broaden my own horizon

HELL YEA....thats a sweet little set up!!! gonna sub this and check it out.

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I just hope its not too boring for you!

• growingforanxiety
      growingforanxiety commented
      Editing a comment
      dude tent grows are what interest me the most...i cant relate to 30 light grows lol

I will be using a Coco-Perlite mix in 7 gallon smart pots under a 600W MH/HPS set up. My exhaust line is plugged into the dryer vent and the dryer end is blocked off. I normally exhaust my dryer inside over the winter because everything gets so very dry here. I here every one talking about distilled water and am wondering if tap water with the right pH levels will be ok? Do those that use distilled water make their own? So thats about it for me for now, I need to see where my light fixture is...Happy New Year from The great White North!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I also use tap water without any problems. Where I live it's pretty soft, without much mineral content.

• Flockshot
      Flockshot commented
      Editing a comment
      I use a 'activated charcoal' filter that is good for about 30,000 gallons. I do not know if it is necessary, but it doesn't hurt. My PPM coming out of the filter is about 80.

• OlldDude
      OlldDude commented
      Editing a comment
      Tap water for sure, distilled or purified has no minerals...ppm's about 50 here, right out of the tap...West Coast

I bet Green wants one for testing out his free seeds

Comment

I like tap water over distilled water because of the minerals in the tap water. Not all tap water suitable, if there is to much minerals, or bad minerals, arsenic, iron or too much chlorine The minerals could harm you or you plants.

Comment

I use distilled only! I add all stuff needed by the plant in amounts I choose worked for me

Comment

Great setup. You are doing it the right way. Be completely ready before seeds are germinated. Is your tap water chlorinated? If so, bad for plants. eBay is a pretty big deal in Canada.....you can buy all necessary equipment and products to grow except for the seeds.

Good luck to both of you. Growing is so much fun, you will both be hooked!

Comment

I like the setup!Done your homework on tools and such,lets see you get muddy now Scribbed

Im also on a 600w MH/HPS Aircooled setup,it will be a nice comparison !

Good luck matie!
            Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
            600W

LED
            2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
            BioBizzLight Mix
            Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
            Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
            Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
            CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
            Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

Thank you all for the support and comments.. the only thing freaking me out now is the time! I started the post this afternoon but the last comment was yesterday at 11:58

Comment

• syncro92
                syncro92 commented
                Editing a comment
                Time fixed

Hi Syncro & GF

Find some rapid rooters they are just the best to grow with. I only grow the Highest THC I can find and you'll be surprised what it can do. And you don't have to just smoke it we have great recipes here. Keep in touch and ask away !
              Bubblehead
              4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
              4 Cures and a Life time gardener
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
              http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• Karlee
                Karlee commented
                Editing a comment
                Try this out
                http://www.canadianwholesalehydroponics.com the rapid rooters are a good buy!

• Nartak
                Nartak commented
                Editing a comment
                Karlee might i ask,would you then consider a SoG at any time in your growing life with this : https://www.zamnesia.com/fastbuds-au...feminized.html ? I was thinking of dumping the Wilma and getting 6 smart pots + Canna Coco Medium (thats what i can get where i am),use canna's feed which i have and just SoG these purple poisonous babies!

Sorry,i posted Zamnesia because to come to me these seeds it's the cheapest site in the EU,the rest start at a minimum of 12euros extra from this one!!

• syncro92
                syncro92 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got a lot of stuff from them Karlee, they are great!

West coast or east? Don't want the flower stores, look up hydroponic, they'll have everything you need. Except seeds. True North Seed Bank has those.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• syncro92
                syncro92 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not quite the coast but here in Quebec, freezing for another 3 months!

If you want free seeds syncro92 go to 'Overgrow Canada' and sign up.
              ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
              Mars Hydro
              Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• syncro92
                syncro92 commented
                Editing a comment
                Just did, thanks for the info!

Subscribed syncro92, nice setup, great start, can't wait to see your little babies

CANCER?.....CHONIC PAIN?.....TYPE II DIABETES?.....PTSD?.....ARTHRITIS?
              "If your not Tacking, your not healing"

Comment

Ahh, very clean setup. Me likey.

It sounds like you have everything figured out. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Good luck!

Comment

• syncro92
                  syncro92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm glad you like the setup and I wish I had everything figured out. The GWE website gave me all the reading material and info

syncro92, the setup looks great.

Comment

• syncro92
                  syncro92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, no kids at home and quite handy with tools. the hardest part was cleaning up to have enough room. I tought I was getting a 4' X 4' tent, turns out its more like 5' X 5'!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X