No announcement yet.

1st Grow, 1st Grow thread-Doing it in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great start! I wish I had thought out my first like that! My grows ever progressing and adding . Okay just one thing I'm wondering about on your fans. I know your in a basement but the air your adding to tent with the one tube you're collecting the air above the tent it will be warmer up there then if you draw air closer to floor . If you have temperature issues that would be my first suggestion draw air off floor where it's cooler than rest of room. Impressive first go!

Comment

Very true but my basement temp is about 67 F, I put 1' of styrofoam wall insulator underneath the tent to insulate it from the concrete. Once I plug the lights in I will have too watch my temps in the tent. I do have a lot of 6" flexipipe left so changing the inlet air (6" fan @ 365 CFM) to a ground pick up wont be a problem. My outlet fan is an 8" 795 CFM model. I have POTetiometers, (Really wanted to write that), to adjust the speeds.
      Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast

First grow 600W HPS w/air cooled fixture growing in a CoCo and Perlite medium.
      2 BlackJack plants for my GF
      2 AK48 plants to broaden my own horizon

Comment

The Force seems strong in this one

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMO View Post
          The Force seems strong in this one
          Indeed. Looking forward to seeing some salad growing!

Comment

My air cooled light fixture should be here by monday, I will have to follow the tracking. I should start germinating on sunday, I am eager to learn the ways of the Force!

Comment

• Karlee
              Karlee commented
              Editing a comment
              And the force will be with you the whole way Syncro! Get those plugs for that good germination! I'm excited for you ....when the time slows to a halt (it will for 4 months ) take pictures to show us and tell of smells and likes and dislikes...it will help you and all of us

Have fun! -

• syncro92
              syncro92 commented
              Editing a comment
              I most definately will be updating and picture taking, I hope it will be as interesting and informative as your Cherry Cola grow!

Great looking grow space. It's about to get real .

Comment

Great looking setup!

Comment

I am still waiting for my light fixture to show up and being a very patient person, I decided to tackle some other small projects. I know Miss Nebula runs a shop vac to pick up het waste water but I am also a bit lazy (and am also thinking of my GF), so I picked up to trays of 48" X 25". My original plan was to place 2 plants per tray, hook up the drains and away I go, but then I measured and had a Homer moment, DOH! 2 trays fit side by side but I would need to fabricate a watering system because nothing else was getting into the tent. I went to bed and dreamt about it. Slumbering and thinking about running some copper tube to get a faucet to my feed location, then thinking about 20% run off (7 gallon pots X 20% = 1.4g)
                I woke up with a headache and was in a hurry to start the coffee pot (love that word) and then decided to slow things down. You can see pics of my tray empty and a pic with 2 x 7g and 2 X 5g smart pot(s). Will plants grow well in this configuration, bunched up like that?
                My other question concerns my charcoal filter. It is VERY heavy and I fear it will take the tent roof trusses out while I'm not there and crush my adopted babies...the horror of that thought gives me goose bumps! How heavy are yours and how do you support them if they are heavy, (mine is about 60Lbs) Please help this Padawan learner learn the ways...Thank you.

Comment

Looks good to me so far! The pots are close to each other but I think they should be okay in that configuration since each pot is pretty big. Do you plan on training your plants or letting them grow naturally?

It's normal for carbon filters to be very heavy, but 60 pounds seems pretty crazy. I thought ours was huge and it weighs less than 15 lbs.

That being said, if you're growing in a high quality tent the bars at the top might be strong enough to support the weight (they're surprisingly strong). Is it possible to read the specifications of the tent and see what the bars are rated for? The manufacturer/seller will also likely be able to answer that for you, too.

Comment

• syncro92
                    syncro92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think I should get something a little lighter or find a way to support it from the bottom, perhaps with a wooden frame carrying the weight and the bars holding it in place...at 6'4", I had the filter on my shoulder to steady it as I secured it on the bars
                    I will be training them, I like the idea of topping them and getting them to spread out and as I will have 2 types in 4 pots, I could split the training methods and top 2 and LST the other 2. If I screw the topping up, I will still have the others. Lots of ways to choose from!

Hell yes ! Such a nice and clean set-up !! Looking forward to see them grow !!
                  Well done!

Comment

• syncro92
                    syncro92 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you, more set up pics to come.

Not growing yet, but a very good day. I received my light fixture this morning while I was at work, 22" X 22" made in Canada as well! I hung it up over my growing table and as it sits now, I have 5' of clearance between the bottom of the glass and the floor. If I hang it from the centre of the tent, I could get another 6" of clearance. I will have to pay attention and switch to flowering as the plants reach 2'. In the back ground my charcoal rack is visible, at about 60Lbs, I did not want it hanging from the rafters!
                  I also got 50 rapid routers with the fixture, so this weekend is when our FIRST Grow starts I would like to thank everyone who has given me good vibes by posting to this journal and I apologize for not thanking you as you post. Thanks.

Comment

No thanks needed. Get your grow on, reward us with some pics.

Comment

Quick questions for you.
                      1)I have a bag of 50 Rapid Rooters for 4 seeds, will the other 46 RRs keep in a ziplock bag?
                      2)Once in the rooters and wet, do I put the lights to them in the tent or do I let them sit and grow in the warm dark place? I checked GWE but found nothing on that subject. My thinking is that once the taproot shows, I will place then in big draining plastic cups under a 18/6 light cycle until they are big enough to be placed in their respective 7 or 5 gallon homes. I just dont want to screw this first step up!

Comment

• Jibblerjoe
                        Jibblerjoe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Zip lock will work, store in cool, dark place is good. I wetted them drop seed in, put them in a covered bowl. Seeds will germ without light, keep warm and moist. Once they pop out of rooter get some light on em. You can put the plug in dirt any time, before root shows be less stress ,than waiting for root to show.

• syncro92
                        syncro92 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awesome, thanks! They are in the dark at 87F with 41% humidity as we speak.

Day 1- Germination
                      Hi Folks,
                      As of 12:55 Eastern, I am a grower! I didn't have a humidity dome so I used an old food package from Costco. I have not aerated the top lid yet and will keep a close eye on the inside. I placed a temperature adjustable heater with fan inside the tent and the temps have been steady at 80F and 41% humidity, much better then I expected I treated 3 gallons of water to a PH level of 6.2 as suggested for A coco/perlite mix....The fun has begun!

Comment

This is going to be great, I'm in, Please post lots of pictures. This is one of the top five best set up grows I have ever seen. Only good will come from this.

Comment

• syncro92
                          syncro92 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for the support, I want for the whole world to share.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X