No announcement yet.

1st Grow, 1st Grow thread-Doing it in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i can't really say it's light burn,the lower leaves are worse than the top ones! That twist and curl..What Ph u got measuring runoff ?
    Tent : 4x4

HPS/MH
    600W

LED
    2x Viparspectra v300

Substrate
    BioBizzLight Mix
    Felt Pots 15/25L

Advanced Nutrients
    Grow , Micro , Bloom , B-52
    Bud Ignitor , Big Bud, Overdrive
    CalMag Xtra

Completed Journals
    Nartak's 1st Grow - Canna Nutes - HPS 600W

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Run off Ph is at 6.61...

At 22 days of age, are you comfortable with your plants in those small cups? You may be root bound.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont know If I'm comfortable with that...I'm gonna say Not comfortable and transplant them after supper.

I agree with the others. My first thought is that possibly the LED light needs to be further away. PH is the most common reason to see deficiencies, so if you haven't been checking pH perhaps that's your first step. I also noticed your seedlings look a bit droopy. Can you walk us through your watering practices? What's the temperature/humidity?

I agree they need to be transferred to a bigger pot soon, and if they're root bound that might be contributing to the problem, too.

Overall they just need some TLC and I think they'll bounce right back!

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.. I am running a 600W MH set up with a Sodium bulb at the ready. I was comparing my plants to the one on the website and they looked a lot fuller with their leaves as wide as the cup, however I have 2 X 7gallon and 2X 5 Gallon smart pots ready to go. We have been giving only water balanced around 6 on the Ph scale (coco coir medium) and have been giving them a drink only when the top part of the "soil" was dry. I had given them some nutrients but I followed the feeding chart and only gave 2/3's on the ingredients. I mixed 2 gallons at a time. If there is something I forgot to add please let me know...Thank you again

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      My temp is stable at 80F +/- 2 and the humidity is around 20%. To keep the little ones warm at night I use a small space heater that brings the night temp (lights off) to around 88F. I plan on turning it down.

• NebulaHaze
      NebulaHaze commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds like a good start! It should be a few degrees cooler at night for your seedlings, not warmer. Cannabis doesn't like that for some reason

Day 23
    Ok, now I know about how fast roots grow! I transplanted all 4 plants and yes the roots were all the way to the bottom and around everywhere! I made a cup depression in the center of the smart pot and then watered all around it, before cutting the solo cup, I watered the plant to keep it together and then cut and inserted the the whole living mass into the pot and the watered again. The run off Ph was at 6.7 so I treated 4 gallons with some Ph down to bring it to 5.9. The light is still set at 16" from the top of the tallest plants.
    On another note, my Volcano digital vaporiser should be in on Wednesday so I will then suck back a 3' bag of Good Stuff!
    Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast

First grow 600W HPS w/air cooled fixture growing in a CoCo and Perlite medium.
    2 BlackJack plants for my GF
    2 AK48 plants to broaden my own horizon

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      The picture quality sucks.. Sorry about that

• Nartak
      Nartak commented
      Editing a comment
      Good thing u lowered that ph,again without knocking anyone,people say stay at 6 and i have found 6 wrecks my leaves!5.9 tints them and 5.8 is great! That again is my personal experience with my water/chlorine and nutes so can't rely on that!

Can i suggest you don't repot plants again ? I see no reason why you can't get a humidity dome with rooting material(cubes,rockwool,anyhting...) and a week after cotyledons pop tuck in the final pot right away! You have 600w there and loads of space,let them take up as much of that they need

Other than that ak's are overall easy strains(learned so from reviews and site references) and the BJ shouldn't be a tough one either!

P.S did your girl name her seeds/plants? Mine called her bagseed Daisy (and the bloody thing liked it and came to fit the female tone of it )

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      No names and I'm very happy to see them in the big pots. I was considering going from Rapid Rooter straight to the big pots but was dissuaded by my GF. Next time I will do that because while there was no "root ball" there were a lot of roots! Just gave them 1/2 gallon of Ph'd water and will give them some more love after supper.

Forgive me peoples, for I have neglected you...Its been nearly three weeks since my last post.
    I took some pictures this morning and adjusted the light height to get rid of the yellowing. You will see that I topped them and it seems that I did it right cause they seem to have enjoyed it and are growing fast. They are starting to give off a scent so I will have to pick up some air freshener soon!
    Enjoy the pics
    Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast

First grow 600W HPS w/air cooled fixture growing in a CoCo and Perlite medium.
    2 BlackJack plants for my GF
    2 AK48 plants to broaden my own horizon

Comment

• intergalactic_harvester
      intergalactic_harvester commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the inner growth ur getting there, they gonna be BUSHY! great job sync!

Your plants look beautiful! Glad to have you back!

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      I am very happy to be a small part of this community, long work weeks give me just enough time to tuck my babies in at night and wake them up I am happy that they took off once I topped them!

nice work there, sync!!
    "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• syncro92
      syncro92 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, the tent is starting to smell very good!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X