24 days after the switch / UVB light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 days after the switch / UVB light

Hello my friends, it's been 24 days since I switched to 12/12, buds are forming, seems like all is well. what do you guys think? I have a UVB light that i'm going to start using. 2 minutes twice a day, and gradually work up to 15mins twice a day during the last two weeks. anyone out there have experience with uvb lights?

I haven't used it yet but I have a 315W LEC light. They're supposed to emit UV/B light and be great for trichome production. That said, my plants will get the full 12 hours of UV/B when lit.

Which UV/B light will you be using?

Your plants look awesome, BTW!

Have you read this article?: https://www.growweedeasy.com/lec-gro...tal-halide-cmh
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

how strong a uvb?

i left mine plugged in for hours a few times and noticed some funky mosaic patterns on fan leaves..

i don't think you can mess up with introcudcing uv spectrum.. but if you're over 10w maybe don't leave it on 24h from seedling stage.

Comment

I have used uv-b from solacure. 2 four footers. I believe they work well but you can read their suggestions on this link. https://www.solacure.com/horticulture.html

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          a little pricey but if they work well to achieve that 15% xtra potency then perhaps it is worth it.

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          After the investment of all of the shit to get things going on more of a premium scale, the extra $100.00 of sort becomes negligible on some scale...crazy in know but at some point, it was worth the experiment.

expensive.. and guaranteeing 15%-30% THC increase is pretty sketchy.

some good info in links tho thanks.

Comment

Supplementing UVB light works. Noticed a huge difference in final product.
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            100% absolutely, positively, agreed!

I do not have space in my cabinets for the long bulbs. Anybody tried the reptile CFL lamps? I am looking at these. Rosenthal's book mentions I can use these bulbs and keep the watts between 5% & 10% of total watts. However there is no mention of the strength or penetrating power of the bulbs he mentions. I'm looking at these. I have space for 4 lamps at the top of each 2x2 cabinet. http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php
          2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
          2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
          2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
          2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• BR2K
            BR2K commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a 315 LEC light. Would a light, such as Farmall's example be overkill?

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            I myself ran the reptile UVB heating lamp, and I dont think it did anything, the plant could grow right up against it without burning, and I ran it with the lights on full time. My thought is it was a 20 dollar bill tossed out the window,,,

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise if it’s any consolation I read the reptile lamp does not work.

BR2K 315 LEC has a good amount of light in the UV spectrum. But I don’t believe adding a bit more would be overkill. Especially if the LEC bulb is in a hood with glass lens (which effectively blocks out some UV).
          4x4 600w HID empty for summer
          3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
          2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
          running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I have a 4 foot UV-B in a 4x4 with a 315LEC sun systems hood with glass lens. On its own, that light is a real top producer but the UV has shown to really frost up the flower and surrounding foliage. I’ve shown a few photos here that show it. And I’ve learned several growth techniques I just don’t think I’d ever change.
            1. Use 100w equivalent CFL’s for seeds for the first 3 weeks.’
            2. If not using leds with a supplementary UV-B. Then use a 315LEC or400-600w HPS with a supplementary UV-B
            3. Use the full spectrum leds that I’d built with a supplementary UV-B

in other words, the UV-B has been a beneficial addition to the finished product. I did have a Cheap timer fail and hermie a plant. Sunburned the stem and stalk to a beet red color and made over 3000 seeds on just 1 plant. That UV-Stayed on 72 hours straight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
              I have a 4 foot UV-B in a 4x4 with a 315LEC sun systems hood with glass lens. On its own, that light is a real top producer but the UV has shown to really frost up the flower and surrounding foliage. I’ve shown a few photos here that show it. And I’ve learned several growth techniques I just don’t think I’d ever change.
              1. Use 100w equivalent CFL’s for seeds for the first 3 weeks.’
              2. If not using leds with a supplementary UV-B. Then use a 315LEC or400-600w HPS with a supplementary UV-B
              3. Use the full spectrum leds that I’d built with a supplementary UV-B

in other words, the UV-B has been a beneficial addition to the finished product. I did have a Cheap timer fail and hermie a plant. Sunburned the stem and stalk to a beet red color and made over 3000 seeds on just 1 plant. That UV-Stayed on 72 hours straight
              Fortunately, my Vivosun 315 LEC doesn't have any glass. I also have a COB (400 watt supposed equivalent) as well. Once I start my first grow, hopefully I'll learn whether I may benefit from an additional UV/B light.
              A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

thanks for the feed back my friends, I'm using an cob led light that doesn't product any uv/b, so this is the one i bought, it very powerful.it's the same one farmall noted. i read a some articles, that basically said the reptile light are useless. I've also read most all lights claiming to be full spectrum, actually do not product any uv /b, mainly just uv /A. it's just starting to catch on, so the new models that have programmable light spectrum's will include uv /b.
                The latest generation high output UVB T5 fluorescent bulb. This system is perfect for a single light in a tent or several hundred lights in a large commercial operation.

Comment

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You’re gonna enjoy the results....

Hey, I'm curious to see if you have an update since you started using the UVB. I just got a set for my tent and they're on for the first time right now. What do you think, are you buds looking extra frosty?
                4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
                GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
                Second.Grow​​
                PC.Grow
                Grow.3
                4th.Grow
                I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• NickyChicks
                  NickyChicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Toker1 I'm following the instructions provided by Solacure. Start at 2hr/day, you can increase by 15mins every 4 days keeping an eye out for wilting or damage to sugar leaves.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes...the on-off cycle, the light hanging distance from canopy, and the light foot print covering a specific square area are all determining factors. I have only owned one type of UVB bulb (the Agromax), but I would assume bulb quality will play a part as well.

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The solacure details are quite good... I recently used it to age a set of book matched spruce. It yellowed nicely like well aged wood. For the plants, I used that same schedule....wish I would have had them sooner

NickyChicks Hi... I started using the uvb after flower was in place for a few weeks and let it run til harvest. Whether it’s strain related or uvb...they were significantly good. Fortunately I’ve not had that much of a problem with trichome coverage but that crop was very noticeably good.

Comment

• NickyChicks
                  NickyChicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm hoping for some good/noticeable results. My white widow plants are already pretty covered but the more the merrier.

hello All, my buds turned out excellent, I honestly thing the uv light made a big difference. everyone that tried it, said it was killer, one hit wonder, lol! growing two auto's now, they are on day 21.the bigger one is Norhtern Lights, the little bush is a Gelat OG. would start the uv until they are flowering.

Comment

• NickyChicks
                  NickyChicks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome!! Your new plants look great, I have the seedsman NL auto and their Gelato.OG auto is on its way with my newest order. Not sure yet, if they're going to make it into the tent on my next grow. I am glad you had a positive experience with the UVB though!

thanks Nicky, i also purchased my seeds from seedsman. 3 of each, Northern Lights auto fem, Gelat OG auto fem, and Zkitlez.suto fem. I planned on growing one of each, at the same time, but none of the Zkittles germinated. I choose seedsman, because they were the only only I could find, that would take credit cards.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X