24 days after the switch / UVB light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 days after the switch / UVB light

Hello my friends, it's been 24 days since I switched to 12/12, buds are forming, seems like all is well. what do you guys think? I have a UVB light that i'm going to start using. 2 minutes twice a day, and gradually work up to 15mins twice a day during the last two weeks. anyone out there have experience with uvb lights?

I haven't used it yet but I have a 315W LEC light. They're supposed to emit UV/B light and be great for trichome production. That said, my plants will get the full 12 hours of UV/B when lit.

Which UV/B light will you be using?

Your plants look awesome, BTW!

Have you read this article?: https://www.growweedeasy.com/lec-gro...tal-halide-cmh
    A Legend...in his own mind. VivoSun 315W LEC, 4' X 2' X 5' Tent GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite

Comment

how strong a uvb?

i left mine plugged in for hours a few times and noticed some funky mosaic patterns on fan leaves..

i don't think you can mess up with introcudcing uv spectrum.. but if you're over 10w maybe don't leave it on 24h from seedling stage.

Comment

I have used uv-b from solacure. 2 four footers. I believe they work well but you can read their suggestions on this link. https://www.solacure.com/horticulture.html

Comment

expensive.. and guaranteeing 15%-30% THC increase is pretty sketchy.

some good info in links tho thanks.

Comment

Supplementing UVB light works. Noticed a huge difference in final product.
            4x4 600w HID with Incredible Bulk
            3x3 400w HID with Bubble gum (new strain for me)
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              100% absolutely, positively, agreed!

I do not have space in my cabinets for the long bulbs. Anybody tried the reptile CFL lamps? I am looking at these. Rosenthal's book mentions I can use these bulbs and keep the watts between 5% & 10% of total watts. However there is no mention of the strength or penetrating power of the bulbs he mentions. I'm looking at these. I have space for 4 lamps at the top of each 2x2 cabinet. http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/reptile_uvb200.php
            2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
            2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
            2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra 450 Dimmable
            2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra Dimmable Lights

75% Perlite, 25% Peat Moss in 10- and 3- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (with micronutrients), 1 tsp./gallon, supplemented with Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower.

Comment

• BR2K
              BR2K commented
              Editing a comment
              I have a 315 LEC light. Would a light, such as Farmall's example be overkill?

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I myself ran the reptile UVB heating lamp, and I dont think it did anything, the plant could grow right up against it without burning, and I ran it with the lights on full time. My thought is it was a 20 dollar bill tossed out the window,,,

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Rwise if it’s any consolation I read the reptile lamp does not work.

BR2K 315 LEC has a good amount of light in the UV spectrum. But I don’t believe adding a bit more would be overkill. Especially if the LEC bulb is in a hood with glass lens (which effectively blocks out some UV).
            4x4 600w HID with Incredible Bulk
            3x3 400w HID with Bubble gum (new strain for me)
            2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
            running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

I have a 4 foot UV-B in a 4x4 with a 315LEC sun systems hood with glass lens. On its own, that light is a real top producer but the UV has shown to really frost up the flower and surrounding foliage. I’ve shown a few photos here that show it. And I’ve learned several growth techniques I just don’t think I’d ever change.
              1. Use 100w equivalent CFL’s for seeds for the first 3 weeks.’
              2. If not using leds with a supplementary UV-B. Then use a 315LEC or400-600w HPS with a supplementary UV-B
              3. Use the full spectrum leds that I’d built with a supplementary UV-B

in other words, the UV-B has been a beneficial addition to the finished product. I did have a Cheap timer fail and hermie a plant. Sunburned the stem and stalk to a beet red color and made over 3000 seeds on just 1 plant. That UV-Stayed on 72 hours straight

Comment

Originally posted by Farmall View Post
                I have a 4 foot UV-B in a 4x4 with a 315LEC sun systems hood with glass lens. On its own, that light is a real top producer but the UV has shown to really frost up the flower and surrounding foliage. I’ve shown a few photos here that show it. And I’ve learned several growth techniques I just don’t think I’d ever change.
                1. Use 100w equivalent CFL’s for seeds for the first 3 weeks.’
                2. If not using leds with a supplementary UV-B. Then use a 315LEC or400-600w HPS with a supplementary UV-B
                3. Use the full spectrum leds that I’d built with a supplementary UV-B

in other words, the UV-B has been a beneficial addition to the finished product. I did have a Cheap timer fail and hermie a plant. Sunburned the stem and stalk to a beet red color and made over 3000 seeds on just 1 plant. That UV-Stayed on 72 hours straight
                Fortunately, my Vivosun 315 LEC doesn't have any glass. I also have a COB (400 watt supposed equivalent) as well. Once I start my first grow, hopefully I'll learn whether I may benefit from an additional UV/B light.
                A Legend...in his own mind. VivoSun 315W LEC, 4' X 2' X 5' Tent GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite

Comment

thanks for the feed back my friends, I'm using an cob led light that doesn't product any uv/b, so this is the one i bought, it very powerful.it's the same one farmall noted. i read a some articles, that basically said the reptile light are useless. I've also read most all lights claiming to be full spectrum, actually do not product any uv /b, mainly just uv /A. it's just starting to catch on, so the new models that have programmable light spectrum's will include uv /b.
                  https://californialightworks.com/pro...olarsystem-uvb

Comment

• Farmall
                    Farmall commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You’re gonna enjoy the results....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X