No announcement yet.

How's Your Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay Area CA, February is normally our wettest month. Haven’t had any rain for 6 weeks and none for 2 weeks out. Looks like another drought year with more wildfires and power outages. I’m going to have to get a generator with auto transfer switch just to run my tent in the summer. PG&E has caused so many fires here that they turn the power off for days every time the wind blows.

Comment

• RagWeedDWC
      RagWeedDWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Hurricane zone, one portable gen and one full house natural gas powered. The bride wants her coffee of a morning, hurricane or not :-)

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      Weather in the bay area was superb last week(coming from a Montana guy) I know it is not normal for this time of the year but made for a great visit.

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah it’s going to be in the low to upper 70s for the next two weeks. Even though we really do need the rain, everyone is enjoying the weather.

Spoke to my mother-in-law who lives in the USA but a mile from the Canada border and Friday morning was -31F... she is near 90, hates cold and snow was born and raised all within the same few miles, now lives alone and adding insult to injury, her furnace broke down .

so fortunate that the heating repair man responded quickly to her FREAKOUT

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall way to cold for myself let alone 90yr old. Bless her heart. But if I was born and raised in those extremes I guess it would just be normal everyday livin.

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed .... you’d think so...but not her

We have beautiful clear sky last couple days sunshine in the 60s got out raked garden beds, looked at my mess of a green house gotta start organizing for spring growing. Makes me feel alive seeing trees blossom leaf opening bulbs springing up life is good
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Pic is a few years old but could have been two weeks ago. We don't have those cars anymore but everything else is the same. I don't see much snow in the next few days but this month we've had about 23" of snow. We're still about 20" short for the season so it ain't over yet.
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        The infamous snow rake

I'm in the UK, so it's raining.

Seriously though, it's grey and will rain soon. It's cold too. My tent is barely scraping 20 degrees.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds exactly like my weather here on the Wet Coast

Dug up and transplanted 3 Dogwood bushes yesterday - after I cut off all branches . Went from backyard with no sun to the front yard with lots of sun. Raining today, that's why I I did it yesterday.
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

It's tryin to be Spring here. Humming birds are flitting about, laurels are blooming, trees are budding & those DAMN OREGON SUGAR ANTS ARE EVERYWHERE!!! Sweeping across the house like a pack of meerkats. I just drank one in my coffee.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
          OlderNOTwiser commented
          Editing a comment
          read this out loud to the wife. Nearly spit HER coffee out off your choice of coffee with "sugar".

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I hope I brightened her day!

Standing in my doorway. It's pretty much what I see from my recliner and sofa, as well. A heavily redacted image. The road I live on to the right, and fast food joints in the distance are unsightly and too cluezish about my localitizity.
        The breeze is coming from the ocean and out to TJ. Which is better than the breeze coming from TJ. 62° out the outside. 66° in the inside. Supposed to get up to a pecker sweater of 78°in the next few days!
        To help with the TJ breeze I open the sliding door and close the screen door. The screen door acts as a particulate filter to help with the particulates coming up. It keeps the dust much cleaner. Not like our good ol' American dust. You might get 9 types of cancer from breathing it in. You will not, however, get Montezuma's revenge. Which would you rather have: 9 types of cancer or Montezuma's revenge? That is a trick question.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6
        Nutes
        CalMag

Comment

20 yesterday, 60 today (came home and the heat in the apartment was blasting--WTF), I hear rumors of snow tomorrow.
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

it got up to 60 yesterday what a nice break
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Same here with 30’s and 40’s for the weekend.

Comment

Had to look at the calendar to see what day it was, this retirement gig is a real adjustment. OK so it's Tuesday great spring feeling morning. Fruit trees are blooming and I've seen robins in the yard so that says something. Blue skies nothing but blue skies river is turquoise cold, few drifters trying for steelhead but it's a bit high where i'm at. I'm looking forward to summer outdoor growing getting itchy

indoor/outdoor grower
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  its going to rain for the next 2 days I'm hoping that will melt the ice in the drive way lol

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took my dad up to Pulaski NY for steelhead ,we fish a river there but I made friends with the place we stayed and he showed me a ton of small creeks that hold big fish , now my dad had been fishing for brookies his whole life but he was not prepared to feel that lite tap tap tap and he really wasn't prepared for the freight train that took off when he set the hook ,I wish cell phone existed then I could of got a picture , I didn't tell him what to expect just to see his face

Northern CA, 80f and sunny. Didn’t think I would have to worry about cooling in February!

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol. I was outside swimming!
                  I noticed the climate change deniers stopped posting pictures of snow storms this winter. Lol 🙄

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My pets are all having to get unusual wintertime flea treatments. The fleas are already out of control here. I’m a native Californian and I’m so happy we’re moving to Washington. Fires, routine scheduled power outages for a week or more, fleas, drought, and the extreme increase in people and traffic have driven us out of our home of 30 years. Also a crappy 1 br apartment rents for $1800/mo+ here. Home prices are astronomical and just keep going up as more people come in to our area.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Out of control. Although Washington is getting the same thing with people herds and increasing rent prices.

Guest whole different world after CALI. I pulled a tick off my terriers head other day. They got groomed and I applied frontline to both dogs and both cats got the kitty dose. Where abouts you going to? We lived 2yrs on the Wash. coast about 35yrs ago.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  BudGal we’re heading to the Spokane area. My son lives up there and he’s been trying to get us to move for years.

Guest I don't remember going to Spokane much when we lived there but it's been 40+yrs ago. Lots of weed since then LOL. We probley did pass through, I remember Seattle lots more back then we use to go see bands in bars or small venues. Saw Frank Zappa at a bar in Seattle once but mostly stayed in a little town called Aberdeen. Hubby worked there and I ran a mom&pop gas station 2pumps, small store catered to the commercial fishermen. I was very young town was called Grayland where we lived. I remember seeing black bear and elk crossing rode to get to beach what a time I had. Sure hope your ready for the big weather changes. I love it cause it's wild.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Farmall
                  Farmall commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SoOrbudgal sounds like you grew up in Mayberry...actually, I’m envious. We moved so much I went to 4 different grammar schools and 4 different high schools. The new kid in the late 60’s was always the “NARC”. Those were fun days. Isolated, lonely, and bored I sat in my room and practiced my guitar. Cried myself to sleep...then I turned 15 and got laid and stoned.... yep, fun days 🤣

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It’s been 30 yrs since I was in Seattle but I liked it. At the time I heard that Seattle had more bars per capita than any other US city. Frank Zappa in a bar!! That guy has such a huge personality I bet is was a great show. Yeah I’m looking forward to being closer to nature again. Wife and I grew up with snow so I think we’re prepared for the weather but it has been 40 years. Probably will take some adjustment. I’m flying up there in a month to scout out houses. I’ll be like a kid in a candy store!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X