Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    looks like a peaceful yard. I really like it.

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    That picture was taken late afternoon. It gets good sun all morning and early afternoon.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    I'll take a photo of it alltatup your shaded area is what I deal with hard to grow warmer crops at least for me. Which is why I tend to grow tomatoes in containers on my porch. Don't think 4 15gal weed pots would fit LOL duh

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    I sealed the top of this stump, but pretty sure it will eventually rot, the other side of the hammock is a live oak that we wanted to keep, this side was a "Water Oak" a real pain and I thoroughly enjoyed testing my new chain saw. a couple of years ago.
    Festas the frog hangs and chills year round.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal I was using the stump as a plant stand until it started rotting. Wish you had a picture of yours!!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    That looks great alltatup. We have a old very large oak stump sits off the ground 3ft or so, hubby drilled out the center I made a planter put soil down in it.

• Rwise
    replied
    In the 70's here the last couple of mornings, they keep saying storms but they go by me with only a spring shower. I am good with that!

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    This tree stump needed to go for years:

Click image for larger version

Name:	still life copy.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	624.5 KB
ID:	405064

With the help of Weed Buddy, it's a wildflower garden this spring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bakyard rings copy.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	679.0 KB
ID:	405065

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    replied
    Had to drive out west for a week, chilly but beautiful. You can watch your dog run away for days..

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    Well all this week has been rainy, cool and very windy. I walked out to the greenhouse checked the girls all is well. Went to my veggie garden beans are up, tomatoes might be water logged. Some bugger chewed up my broccoli leaf and ate the tops off my giant sunflowers so gotta redo those LOL. I think we'll get another week of rain and they say temps are suppose to get warmer. Still waiting on 50f during night don't want too many low 40's.

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    replied
    The neighborhood Muleys drop by to browse on bushes, flowers and the bird feeders almost every day in the front area. They stay out of the garden in the back of the property for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Well I’m hoping... as naive twenty yr olds when we moved in, we did some landscaping....hahaha. Now as old farts, we think a bit differently .... shocked I was actually able to dig 12 posts 2ft in the ground in 1 afternoon. The first 6” was nice, The sub-soil below was hard and an occasional small tree root made it take even longer. I have had several old tractors here but none with a post hole digger AND, I have always wanted a backhoe... too late now. Actually deer resistant would be almost nice

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    For years I used the term deer resistant, it seemed no matter what they could defeat the proof part. I finally ended up doing something like what you have, fortunately I had a tractor with a post hole digger attachment back then.

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Nature’s fan 😉

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    Farmall Yesterday we had lot of wind too, the planta la love it. But if you had zero wind, of course they will get burned

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X