Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    replied
    Spoke to my mother-in-law who lives in the USA but a mile from the Canada border and Friday morning was -31F... she is near 90, hates cold and snow was born and raised all within the same few miles, now lives alone and adding insult to injury, her furnace broke down .

so fortunate that the heating repair man responded quickly to her FREAKOUT

Leave a comment:

Guest commented on Guest's reply
    Yeah it’s going to be in the low to upper 70s for the next two weeks. Even though we really do need the rain, everyone is enjoying the weather.

• Mr.furley
    commented on Guest's reply
    Weather in the bay area was superb last week(coming from a Montana guy) I know it is not normal for this time of the year but made for a great visit.

• RagWeedDWC
    Hurricane zone, one portable gen and one full house natural gas powered. The bride wants her coffee of a morning, hurricane or not :-)

• Toker1
    Yeah I had to get a generator too.
    Usually when it rains now, plants grow and provide fuel for fires late in summer when all the vegetation dies and dries out.

• Gingerbeard
    Guest I'm in SoCal. 'every time the wind blows.' is accurate.

• Farmall
    The auto transfer switch is truly a great advantage. I cheaped out and had my genny first. So now, if I’m home and the power fails, I’ve got to start it up manually and flip 10 switches from line to generator. Reverse that when the power is back on. PITA

Guest replied
    Bay Area CA, February is normally our wettest month. Haven’t had any rain for 6 weeks and none for 2 weeks out. Looks like another drought year with more wildfires and power outages. I’m going to have to get a generator with auto transfer switch just to run my tent in the summer. PG&E has caused so many fires here that they turn the power off for days every time the wind blows.

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    commented on 's reply
    Let the maid (or hubby) run the vacuum. You're retired!!!

• SoOrbudgal
    replied
    oldjarhead100 One dang pic I can't get to load is of the full tent from outdoors that you can see but here is the inside with clones and couple teens that are waiting for flower tent. Had no intention to use this but as luck has it I got to cutting clones got carried away and then " gifted " a bunch more LOL. These are 1/2 the amount besides indoor germination table is full. So far some cool reactions on leaf but as day goes on tent heats to 75-78f . And i'm not minding condensation inside on walls plants are staying dry seems no leaf are wet. Got a chicken coop heater in there bout all I can do for now. Hey what else does a addicted grower/gardener going do but cut and sow seed? LOL

Leave a comment:

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    Waffle house for breakfast, read the paper, check on the grow, check the fishing weather... yeah retired life is not for the lazy :-)

• RagWeedDWC
    commented on 's reply
    The bird loves those girl scout cookies!

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    Not having to go out and scrape ice off the windshield is great! Or deal with the idiots that only think they can drive in bad weather.

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I love it when everyone else has to deal with a storm and I can sit inside with a hot coffee and watch lol

• oldjarhead100
    commented on 's reply
    I'm impressed you have a tent on the Patio in the middle of February

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X