Whats the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best?

We ain't got a dispensary close to where we live, in Ms.
    So I've never smoked any store bought MJane, just wondering what do you think is the best.
    Got a Vet buddy that lives now in Colorado, next time he comes back home ,he's gonna bring a little Store bought, so we can try it out.
    Thanks.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

All depends what you want DAAS - my last few grows sucked so I have bought a few ounces online - got a real strong indica which puts my wife and I to sleep in minutes - 'Blue Fin' - anything that has the word kush in it, I like. Got a good sativa as well, Jack Herer. Bought 4 ounces on cyber monday - delivered the next morning - 100 bucks an ounce.
    Out of Colorado I would look for anything produced by Dutch Passion Seeds - especially their Colorado Cookies.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks 147, I've grown Afghan Kush Ryder several times, and love it.
      Grown several plants from DutchPassion, with WhiteWidow being very nice strong smoke.
      I bet it ain't much difference between store bought than homegrown.
      Thanks again 147.
      HappyNewYear

D.A.A.S.69 man that's like asking what's your fav. ride at Disneyland for me LOL. I really enjoyed Crown Royal it's like bud da fri. night must make a journey into town it's just unreal DAAS what they have.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Kinda hard for me to believe store bought is better than homegrown, but never tried store bought.
      Thanks

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Store bought is commercial, which means grown by employees of "the man" which means: 1) they are growing for max quantity, not max quality (and no, you can't do both at the same time) and 2) the employee growers don't care about the crop as much as you care about yours.

I have purchased dispensary weed from 3 different stores. One is a mom&pop setup very under whelming varity and not the best at all. It looks like untrimmed homegrown smells are very low but it's cheap. Then there are the big house stores with carnival type looks shelves lined with beautiful looking smelling bud. I don't know what or how it's grown with what type of systems. It's just some of the best I've ever smoked taste wise, I go to the higher standard shops now like the seed whole sellers you hopefully get what you pay for. I don't like it but were in the same place as you, low stash that's not cutting the edge jitters at night.

indoor/outdoor grower
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Dispensary weed in N. Oregon is normally pretty damn good. The State has a pretty strict quality control & testing procedure & hoops to jump though that tend to run the shortcut takers & sub par growers off.
      My current fave dispensary don't offer the "compassionate shelf" $3 grams/ $50 oz that many do but then they don't carry the bottom shelf shit. I pay $22.50 1/8th. Across the board & I have 15-20 varieties to chose feom
      Last edited by JDU; 01-03-2020, 07:17 PM.

I live in Colorado and the dispensary weed here is excellent. They have a medical side and a recreational side just depending on what you want, but both sides are just as good. Still trying to get my weed to that quality, but you really can't go wrong. The dispensary I go to likes to grow in soil, indoors (summers are too short) and I believe use both LED and HID style lights. They also sell seeds and clones and they breed some of their own strains. You can usually ask your budtenders (the people selling you weed) questions about whatever you want and the good ones will have answers for you. You're not really supposed to have your phone out with the camera open but I have even been showing off my grow to a few of them lol. I'm really kind of trying to get my foot in the door so that when I get my MED Badge I can hopefully upscale and go into growing full time. I still have a little over a year before I can do that so it gives me time to dial everything in. Been thinking about building drying boxes to help that process (my weed dries fast here so I leave the leaves on and dry trim) and working on curing techniques. I want to be able to take in some of my home-grown to let them sample it and hopefully land my dream job finally. I still have a way to go, but hopefully not a long way, so I don't mind the wait. Anyway, hope you enjoy your Colorado weed when you get it. Honestly though, I love smoking my own. Not sure if it's the feeling of accomplishment that makes it different or what, but I'm looking forward to my cured buds at the end of the month. Cut 2 down last night and hung them up. Dry should only take 3-4 days since I don't have a cabinet built yet to slow it down, and I have some of those Grove bags for the cure. Really hoping this round is better than the last few, guess we'll see soon.

Comment

I know California, Colorado and Washington all have some fantastic smoke, especially in the mid to top shelf range. I'm sure Oregon is the same way and it should begin happening here in OK in another year or so. Right now though only about 1/4 of even the top shelf buds actually impresses me whereas in those other states you can bet that almost every top shelf choice will satisfy. The problem everywhere though is the cost of it all, here especially where it's $50-$65 an 1/8th usually for the best stuff and $35-$45 for stuff no better than any first timer on GWE could produce and could be found on the street for half that price.

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        100 bucks an ounce in Vancouver

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes some of the dispensaries have shit! That is light airy fluffy shit I did better my very first year just tossing the seed on the ground! And then $250 an oz, I think that one is already gone. The prices should come down as our industry grows, and when the feds get out of the way watch for major changes! Interstate competition! And international imports!

[QUThe problem everywhere though is the cost of it all, here especially where it's $50-$65 an 1/8th usually for the best stuff and $35-$45 for stuff no better than any first timer on GWE could produce and could be found on the street for half that price.OTE][/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that FunkyButtLovin Electricity is cheap in Oklahoma. My cost is about 50 cents per gram dry weight. I've been to six stores. tried six strains. I think the cheapest I tried was $7.50 and the most expensive was $12.50. Only one of the six was as good as anything I've grown. The best I've grown was out of their league. Soon there will be national brands and everyone will get the same stuff. Ah well someday......these will be the good old days.
      Focus and relativity.

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise residential electricity at my house is $9.27 per kwh. I know commercial is higher, I retired I don't do commercial. What kind of operation does your neighbor have ? May I get more details about where your brother found that good stuff ? Grow in peace !!

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        At that rate, it'd be nearly $10 an hour just to run my grow. Electricity must be a bit cheaper here.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Eliot Pryor, Brother gets his at a place in Tulsa on Admiral near yale I think. I can get the name if you want it.
        The neighbor grows weed, commercial, he payed some guy from CO $750 an hour to help him set up.

the few store bought strains iv'e tried didnt impress me. dry and stupidly unbalanced if favor of high thc.

Comment

I’m going to go with Ell some of the dispensary stuff is about the same....and the cost is amazingly high but they do have lozenges at 5mg each which for microdosing is almost BUT NOT REALLY Reasonably priced. Not that I have a ton of dispensary experience but I have a bunch of experience on the other end 😉

This is a good question and you don’t see many comparisons at all. I would love to see how corporate weed holds up to that scrutiny. Some of the commercials I hear and the journals I read about BIG MONEY CORPORATIONS in dispensary operations is almost inspiring but is it really more horseshit hype and advertising? Some of these groups are master marketers

Comment

Heck I really don't like spending my money on something I can do myself. But farming and weather are a crap shoot at times with outdoor which is what we count on till indoor crops are completed. So I have to bite the bullet buy some very good weed to mix with my semi fair weed ( early harvest) that we grew outdoor summer to make it last till harvest and cure. This is not going to happen again now that I've got the knowledge of indoor growing and I keep learning about lighting. I'm not stopping indoor growing until it's too hot in the house. And choose faster finishing photo strains.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200103_204943.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	362814
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hard to justify the cost. I don’t like paying for bureaucrat lobster and steak dinner with every bowl I smoke. As in sustainability, you already know growing your own is way more satisfying. That’s being said, you can find some good quality stuff if you go to the right place. I once found some NASA OG in LA that was like 33% THC! Blast off!!
              If you don’t know a grower, and have the $$ to spend. It has its benefits.
              Personally I like having complete control over my medicine and how it’s made.
              4x4 600w HID empty for summer
              3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
              2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
              running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

Y'all are hittin the wrong dispensaries!!! Those are outrageous prices. Kaya Shack operates from Vanc to Eugene & probably further & I get top shelf buds for $22.50 an 1/8th

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I grow for 16$ a zip.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice! I'm excited to catch up with my investment & bypass the dispensaries for sure.

D.A.A.S.69

I have been to a couple dispensary in both cali and wash st. In my opinion the flower was old, stale, and flavorless, iv become such a weed snob these days with flower but what was a treat was the distillate cartridges, oils, crumble, Bho, and hash. Have your buddy bring you 96% distillate in a disposable pen or some Dab's because I know your buds is waaaaay better then store bought.
                Last edited by Mr.furley; 01-04-2020, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll sure get him to bring some ,to try out.
                  Our weed ain't to bad, that we grow.
                  Thanks Mr.furley

Illinois is outrageous right now.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20200103_225822.png
Views:	229
Size:	823.2 KB
ID:	362844

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  $55 for plus 35% THC? Really? Wow! In the city?

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Toker1 it's a second hand picture from opening day so I'm not exactly sure of the location other then the state.

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Big state. Lol
                  Understandable. Thanks for sharing!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X