Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    My tent is the same height. Here's what my tent looks like now with the plant front and center being just over 18" from soil to the tip of the tallest top. I already have the timer set, going to close it up tonight and it's 12/12 from now until harvest.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200114_162554.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	3.42 MB
ID:	366341

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Well that seems short. Bummer

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    10+4+18= 32 Your tent is 78" tall so after deducting 32" from 78" you're left with 46" or nearly 4 feet but yes you're still going to be limited to flipping at around 18" or so and even then you might get in trouble with some sativas if you don't stay on top of them and have a plan in case they get out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    replied
    Got my new light ystrdy, doin the math & I don't think I did it right.... or did I?
    6.5ft tall tent with 10in tall pots, 4" for the light which needs to be 12-18" above the canopy...... leaves only 3ft for plants? & if they are gonna double when flipped to 12s I only get 1.5ft of veg to grow budsites???

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    replied
    I definitely think it should be a grow journal!

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the reminder. I need to read that again- Mr Furley is a genius.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    Yes moved and sometimes culled (branches growing out from the underside of a stem)

when I am manifolding (training in general) i am picking the branches that I want to grow, and trimming the rest. Manifolding, is a lot of manipulation (juggling the tops), trying to keep the 'should be main tops' lower than the other tips

You want a plant manipulation rabbithole, see fluxing
    To "flux" cannabis means to build a grid-like manifold at the base of the plant. This creates many big colas and can help maximize yields from a grow light!

And of course Mr.furley has a thread
    Follow the stem, find the end. Click image for larger version Name: 20190412_213040.jpg Views: 1 Size: 1.02 MB ID: 304570 Fruit cake punch #B day 19 of flower flip.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Nice. Ok farming or nursery work- now that's a comparison I can relate to lol. Thanks everyone 👍 I guess this is kinda turning into a grow journal so I guess I'll let ya know how it's goin now n then. Thanks again everyone -for everything!!

• BaccaRacca
    replied
    JDU If I understand your question properly, "Yes, you'll need to adjust as you grow. Some branches will grow more robustly than others." No different for cannabis than it is for the fruit trees I grow.

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    That still didn't directly answer my question but the line 'the grower consistantly manipulates & ties down the limbs to maintain level' kind of suggests that it don't really matter where they start- they're gonna be moving as I need them to move???

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks 👍

• LurkingInTheGrass
    replied
    One of my read and reread articles.

Get a summary of all the most common plant training techniques that growers use to increase their cannabis yields indoors!

Leave a comment:

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    I think it makes the colas bigger by taking off starts that are going to be branches.

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    .... An energy boost/growth spurt that might be better served as flowering starts?

• Eliot Pryor
    commented on 's reply
    I think if you take them off the plant uses the energy into the tops.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X