Bag/cartel seeds,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag/cartel seeds,

I have been moving since Thanksgiving, many things to do, as in find all the crap I lost or forgot about, in that was a jar I used to keep the bestest of the bestest smoke over the year (saved for Christmas). Now I know whatever was in it was great, and it had some seeds (not many), was light green and not smashed so hard. There was about 40 seed in this jar, and I know they are at least 2 years old, so I dropped all of them in water. I was surprised that almost all sunk in 24 hours, moved those that sank to 4 paper towels, dividing the seed between them. When tails appeared I planted all of them into 3 pots, just looking for a female or 2 out of this.
    Now I also have built another soil for this run, I used a small amount of the old soil (lots of perlite in the bottom) and cut in ground leaf (2/3s), then blood and bone meal, sulfur, dolomite, and roots organics uprising grow, toss well. This soil drains, in a 7 gallon pot 1 quart of water has runoff! I have watered them once with Fish Sh!t, and once with Voodoo Juice to get the soil working harder.
    I think they look indica, your thoughts? And look at the second set of short fat leaves, 3 fingers already! There are a few freaks, they may end up culled,,,
    Edit BTW I would absolutely luv to find seed from Oaxaca ("wah-WAH-kah") if it is the original laugh your ass off stuff or even what I sent there!
    Anyone want to join a bag seed grow?
    Last edited by Rwise; 01-02-2020, 07:38 AM.

I do bag seed as well but I usually try to label them so I know what they are. Most of the seeds I've planted from bag seed (weed from the dispensary) have come out female. Also, I've had great outcomes with my GG seeds and those are probably 3+ years old. Never gone off of whether the seeds float or sink though. I just do a paper towel or whatever and if it doesn't grow a tail I start another. I've noticed some float and some sink but I've had even the floaters germinate too so you may have thrown away some good seeds.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL it was Weed of the Week! Or this is what we have its $80 an oz (and no name given) I will label the Mazar I Shariff when I start it, and I may give these a name later after we see how they grow.

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice. They have sales here every day (provided they don't run out of sale weed) for $120 oz. I get mine for $102 with a veteran discount. But they always have it labeled, THC % and all. And once in a while I get lucky and find some seeds (have had pretty much all females). I have established quite a collection and currently have 9 seedlings going, all different strains. I love how a normal person will get a seed and be like WTF, yet a grower (at least I do) gets super excited about it, especially when it's good weed. I can even buy seeds/clones from the dispensary, but the options are limited. I think I saw maybe 8 strains they had available last time I was in there. I love that it's legal here, I just wish the rest of the U.S. would get with the times already.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont go to the dispensaries much, and when I do I am a spectator, I hear of sales. What the labels have on them is not enuf, I/we need to know CBG and CBN as well as THC and CBD.
      I am not tossing any seeds, the chance of a great plant is to great to ignore! And who knows you could get the next 35% THC plant, not likely but it can happen.
      I luv our new laws, and now a bill for rec! I have always wanted to have my plants right there with the maters taters and peppers etc..
      My brother and I were out, stopped in Lawton and picked some up. He told me you chose, I'll buy, and I ask what are the highest THC strains you have, we walked out GG4 and another I dont remember. He now asks what they have in high THC,,,

ive grown mexican seeds extensively and one can find out relatively easily that most of the weed grown in pot fields is a heavy indica hybrid diluted by wild local genetics(fiber hemp), starting in the 90s pot growers started to buy dutch seeds in order to reduce flowering times and increase yield, every 5 years theyll have to buy more seeds because hermie local strains dominate in wild open pollination fields. anyhow you wont find "sativa" heirloom strains in a brick of "industrial"production pot. you can only find those priced genetics in small towns where certain families and communities have kept and selected their own strains for over 150 years, in the 1800s african slaves brought the highly psychoactive sativa varieties they used for medicinal purposes and thats how smokable weed got into the continent. before african slaves only the fiber hemp that the spanish brought was available because they used it for ships. there is no record or evidence of cannabis before 1450 anywhere in america. ive tried the oaxacan strain and the biggest most important trait is that it has no ceiling, if you smoke more you get more high. seems obvious but most strains will reach a point where the effects is no longer getting stronger after smoking continuously for hours

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      That is what I started with many moons ago (early 70s), and added to that 6 of the fine strains that were coming from all over the world, after 7 years we called it Tulsa Tops!

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember the paper wrap, the color had to do with quality, brown was common, once we got green paper, most excellent! And those were $90 for a kilo, I bought 1 every day or 2,,,,

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in agreement with your statements 9fingerleafs. D.A.A.S.69 dang those were the days. $10oz

My bag seedlings. Quadlining this round instead of mainlining, hoping it saves me a few weeks. I know it's hard to see in the light but they are all healthy and probably going to be transplanted in the next week. Week 5 from seed (put in rapid rooters Dec 1). Was over watering a little, stunted the growth for a week I want to say. Going good now though, since I figured that out pretty quick and fixed it. 9 strains in soil and a small cutting in a glass of water.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dphipps1020; 01-03-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Mine are a tad younger though I did not keep track of the drop date, around Christmas,,,

• dphipps1020
      dphipps1020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Yeah they're about to overtake that 2x2' tent, going to have to switch tents very soon but I have to move a few ladies to the flower tent first as all my tents are full. Just cut a couple ladies down and cleared up a little space last night so today I'm going to figure out which ones I am ready to flower and move them over. All bag seed - flowering: TK91, Str8 Lemonade, and GG; veg: Str8 Lemonade; seedlings: Blueberry Headband, Under Dawg, Lemon Poison, Mocha OG (smells and tastes like coffee), GG, UK Cheese, Lemon Meringue, Chemodo Dragon, Guptilla, and an unknown seed. Lots of variety, for sure. Just took more pictures since the lights are off and I opened the tent for strain names anyway, I'll add them to this post.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll add fresh pics in a day or 2, very nice assortment, I am working toward that as well!

As these hopefully girls come up I will make mothers and clones for practice, and if they turn out some nice buds keep one!

Comment

Does this look like 5 days growth? I moved the light away from the wrinkled leaf, I think it was to close. Last water was 12/30, they get water today with some rabbit poo, not much.
      Reading the plants what would you add if anything?

Comment

That's an amazing amount of growth for 5 days. Those wild genetics are definite survivors. My new420guy seed did not germinate over in the solo cup grow off so i planted one of the offspring from an unwanted pregnancy. It's at least half Amnesia Lemon Kush. It would be great if it did what yours did in 5 days, but i doubt it.

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe I should have said 5 days from the last pics,,,they do look nice to me!
          I understand Paul stands behind his product, but is also sold out on many, everything I want,,,,

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          Something was lost in the translation.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I have had a strain that did grow that fast,,, wish I still had it!

Rwise are you on his notify list for out of stock? I just got email about one that's in but i'm questioning buying from him at this time. And yes a heck of a lot of his products are sold out.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I did!

• starramus
          starramus commented
          Editing a comment
          SoOrbudgal Rwise This is another US seed dealer, but they are low on stock as well. https://bakedbeans-cannabis-seeds.co...ing-cake-auto/ Have ordered from them in the past 3 days from CA to CO.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          starramus They certainly have some pretty pictures, but for me, lack info on them, no THC or CBD claims. I do want to have some idea what the plant will produce,,,

I did not hit them with N, me thinks they are green enuf for now.

Comment

So how do they look today? I have given them Fish Sh!t once, and Voodoo Juice once, other than that tap water. I did not picture the mutants last time, they are recovering, we'll see what they do.

Comment

Moved to 16/8s this morning, been on 14.5/9.5s, also a Mazar bagseed went to soil with a tail! (a second without) if I get 2 I'll select the best to make a mother with.

Comment

Time to name it, just like the pros do, so I am calling them PTMDs, Puff The Magic Dragons, and we already have kids songs sung about them!

Comment

Because of the single node growth, I am predicting this one to be a male.

Comment

Added live earthworms yesterday, fresh worm poo! This morning the Mazar is helmet headed, but it's up!
                  Looks like 3 males from the single node growth they will soon stretch above the girls, not 100% accurate but has always been a good guess!

Comment

Added more earthworms yesterday, and watching the propaganda/media/news this weed may have came from CA! A guy did get busted in 2018 bringing stuff into the Tulsa area from CA,,,

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      OMG Rwise I think I saw that article was it in a van LOL go figure.

• Rwise
                      Rwise commented
                      Editing a comment
                      they did not say what the vehicle was, but they got him with 1000 lbs

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X