No announcement yet.

Clone along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chlorine evaporates 100%, sodium is the only residue that is left behind. There is no such thing as chlorine residue, it can’t chemically happen.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Toker1
      Toker1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Once again not true... chlorine as a gas will evaporate but not chloramines (commonly found in drinking water). The only way to remove chloramines is by RO or filter them out. They do not evaporate.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      No one suggests adding chloramines to your bucket for dealing with root rot. The article you reference even confirms that BLEACH evaporates away and leaves NO residue.

Don't use chloramines for root rot. Use bleach instead.

Also that article is a sales promotional for a water filter company trying to create a new horrible toxin for you to worry about so that you will buy their expensive filter that really does NOTHING to keep you safe from toxins.

So yes, TRUE.

• Obi-Wan
      Obi-Wan commented
      Editing a comment
      Chlorine and Chloramine are 2 different compounds. Bleach contains chlorine not chloramine, your reference to it in this discussion only serves to misinform those that don’t know the difference.

I thought I put it in there, when I clean my hardware, scissors, cups, whatever, I use peroxide. Just prior to cutting I wipe scissors with alcohol swab and allow it to dry. Peroxide is my go to for gardening, I have skin reactions to bleach and IF (huge maybe could might happen, not likely) there is any form of ammonia, left over from natural sources, it could mix and create mustard gas. So there is my paranoia with bleach. I love the idea of using a dishwasher though. The more you share the more we all learn! Love this group
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Comment

The pH also affects a chlorine solution’s efficacy, with chlorine solutions being most effective at pH levels around 6.5. At a lower pH, the chlorine solution can be corrosive to materials and surfaces. Chlorine’s effectiveness drops very quickly as pH rises above neutral pH of 7. So it’s way more temperamental to use. Lastly, chlorine is corrosive and a skin irritant, its use poses its own potential health hazards when used by laboring staff members.
      4x4 600w HID empty for summer
      3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
      2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
      running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Let’s be clear here there is a reason hospitals disinfect human skin with alcohol and not bleach. Have you ever had bleach rubbed on your skin before they give you a shot?

• Obi-Wan
        Obi-Wan commented
        Editing a comment
        Tap water generally has a pH of 7, are you suggesting that people would be adding bleach to a solution that is more acidic such as a nutrient solution? I suggested using bleach in a solution of water as a disinfectant for a cloning reservoir and equipment. The reason alcohol is used in wipe form prior to injections is again because it dries quickly and it is less likely to irritate skin. In hospital situations where quick drying isn’t a concern they use iodine as it is a far more effective disinfectant. The small equipment such as scalpels, scissors, and anything else made of medical grade stainless steel goes through a 2 step disinfectant process that includes heat in excess of 200 degrees Fahrenheit followed by an iodine based sanitizer.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ph in tap water varies considerably. I have seen it hovering around 8 by my area. We get good clean tap water here.
        In my cloning equipment I use nothing but plain tap water. I clean the equipment with hydrogen peroxide and/or alcohol. To each is their own. As long as we are happy with the results, no problem. 😤

Has anybody tried sodium percarbonate? (Oxiclean is one packaged brand name)

sodium percarbonate is referred to as 'solid' peroxide.

peroxide and alcohol - my go to cleaner and disinfectant. So I have been trying to find a cheaper method to obtain peroxide

I just havent acquired any yet (may just bite the Amazon bullet and spend $20)

back when I worked in the bar, we had to clean the draught lines and taps regularly
      Dont remeber the name (diver something?)
      anyway, it was a day long event to clean 1 tap and line - because of all the rinsing needed after a 1-2 hour 'soak' with the stuff (drain the lines of beer, fill the lines, soak, purge with air, purge with gallons of water, purge with air again, purge with more water, then fill with beer and purge until you could pour a proper one

Comment

Here are my cuttings taken on New Year's morning, still standing tall, but no roots visible from their substrates. I'm trying a few different things here, especially since I happen to be out of cloning collars. I thought I had a bin of them somewhere.... I must have smoked'm.

The bubble bin has 2 inch net cups filled with an assortment of hydroton balls, perlite, and rockwool. I meant to use a rooter too, but ran out of cuttings. I also put some tiny clones in little cups of mushroom compost and seedling mix. Several cuttings went into either jiffy pellets or biorooters.

So far, none have them have roots showing, but it will take extra time since I have no cuttings with bare roots. But they are all upright, not wilting, and some even look a little bigger than when I cut them, but that may be wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure everytime I lift them out of the humidity tray it resets them to the beginning.

But not dead yet is good.
        Attached Files
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Here's my high end scientific cloning laboratory.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	20200108_200410.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.31 MB ID:	364410
          Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 01-08-2020, 09:15 PM. Reason: ETA I know it looks expensive but it really is made of trash.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL trash collectors. I swear on my pups lives this is true...…..I use to many years ago go " dumpster diving" with a Dr. who was a hoarder/collector of anything. He was my hero for reusing/repurposing.

The first of my cuttings from New Years has graduated to her cup. Mango was an 8 inch cutting on New Years, dipped in a cut aloe leaf, and poked into a bio rooter. BigBud was the next to root using the same technique.

All of the clones have looked happy and unwilted, but no roots in the bubble bin of net cups with perlite. It may be that the water was too cold, no room on the warming pad under the humidity tray. I emptied the humidity dome, transfered the cuttings to either cloning collars or the seedling mix and compost cup mini cuttings went into a costco rotisserie chicken cloning tray.

Comment

The KFC cloner has done it again! It really can be this easy folks. I literally took this fast food bowl from the garbage, washed it, filled it with 6.5 pH water, cut holes in the lid and dropped fresh cut shoots in. Then I set it on the floor getting very weak spillover lighting and never changed the water. This one is White Widow that was cut on January1st.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200113_210851.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	366155

Comment

• DingusKhan
              DingusKhan commented
              Editing a comment
              Dood, I see nubs on the two immediately behind the one in front, I bet the rest of those start nubbing soon.

Here are the current graduates of the cloning section of the grow gher: two mangos in solo cups that have joined the solo cup grow. BigBud went into the hydro bucket, HolyGrail went into a cup of OceanForest, each of those were the tops of the seedling plant.

ALL of these were in biorooters in the humidity dome.

The rest of the cuttings are still running: the micro cuttings in compost or seedling mix in sauce cups,and rockwool cube, all in the Costco Rotisserie Cloner. Also have bare cuttings in bubbling water. These were either pulled from the little media cups in bubbling bin, but not heated. And a few new cuttings.

Comment

I had to pot three more clones from the chicken bowl last night.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20200116_234509.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	367182

Comment

Welp i'm climbing on board the " clone traaaaain" just took 2 from my JDU mango. Ph water clone gel shot glass on the window seal. Worked for me last time we'll see in a couple weeks.
                Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                indoor/outdoor grower
                1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They really DO clone nicely don't they! 👍 & they grow like the devil hisself is chasin em lol I'm really glad you like em.

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also, SoOrbudgal I'm sorry I didn't get up your way to get that harvested stump from you, but I have been carrying around some Pure Haze Auto seeds in my car with me for you for when I do make it up your way.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I still dont know why you didn't take one of these BCP clones Dingus..... I told ya I think one of them was for you.... No worries, We'll get some to ya.

Here's my 2 cuttings taken yesterday sitting on top of my no go solo cup. They are sharing space with old mother Black Cherry who is looking great. They are Mango strain.

indoor/outdoor grower
                1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How do you like that black cherry strain? I got some seeds of her just waiting for their day.
                  Good yields and quality final product?

Toker1 I would love to grow her again. I don't have a scale but I do know I've got thumb size buds off her with of course littler ones but rock hard with the cure 2wks. Great for evening smoke. Funny though had 2 different phenos of her, one with more orange hairs not so purple in the leaf fade the other one picture of how she is suppose to look. It's really pretty to grow purpleish black leaf. I got 2 quart jars off of one and just 1 quart off the other, I was pretty happy with it but I know she'd produce more but I have still 4 plants in my tent so space was an issue.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! She looks wonderful. I think I know what is next up on deck now. 👍

OMG Toker1 she smelled like cherry blossoms no lie when I opened the tent. Let her go good and long if you like a good indica she was a joy.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Toker1
                  Toker1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That’s what I was hoping you would say! Thanks for all the great info!!

My turn- since I was the one challenged & doubted.... even though I dont remember saying she had a major root system....
                Anyways- Mr.furley mentioned that tops are harder & take longer so I topped the tops that I took when I manifolded the Thai Skunk. They were pretty thick & woody so I soaked them for 3days.
                Now I fill the cup about 1/2 way, stir a little rooting powder into the top inch & pack it good. Fill it the rest of the way- poke a hole- dip the end in powder & plant it. Mist & cover. We'll see how they do!!

Comment

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Budgal. Yeah I hope so too.... I kinda threw down the gauntlet there didn't I lol. Oh well it was meant in a good natured friendly way.

• DingusKhan
                  DingusKhan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wow, Thai Skunk sounds fun! I hope that works.

If your current attempt doesn't blow your doors off, would you consider setting up a bubble cloner? It's easier than it looks. @Mr.furly gave us all a really nice hack, but it's just a little (shoe box size) tote bin with water and an 8 inch bubble stone with holes in the top for clones. You can get a 10 inch air stone and a little air pump and a grey or black mini tote bin from Walmart for like $15. The cloning collars are cheap from your local grow shop or Amazon.

Do you still have a Mango mother? If not, I decided to pull one of the clones that you gave me, I trimmed her a little hard, and I want to make room for Girls Scout Cookies. But if you need a mother for some nice sized cuttings, I have just the plant that needs a new home. And the rest of mom is ready to flower. I'm just too crowded.

AND if you come get her, I will also send you home with a couple other live clones in cups: a Holy Grail Kush, a BigBud from the seedling you sent home with me, and of course, lots of Mango. Because the bubble cloner works, yo.

• JDU
                  JDU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Amigo. These are just for the thread- I have the mothers I took them from & the grandmas (I HOPE they're all females) are in the flowering tent but still verging so I'm sure they will offer some green, easy cuttings. I have 5 more seeds if anyone's interested. Regulars.
                  I know my way isnt the most efficient but I enjoy checkin in on my girls 75-250 times a day & it's hands on enough & nice to have an excuse for a few of those times lmao.
                  I did top one of the Mangoes just before you took them. I have 4 more Big Bud seeds but I will definitely take a GSC or 2.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X