Clone along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone along

Any interest in a mass clone along? Folks who normally clone some of their stock who want to step by step in one post to compare notes and help bring others up to speed? I have a revegging plant that will need cloned in a couple weeks. I dont do anything special, pretty much let the plant do its thing. I have about 80% regularly succeed, have cloned every 3 months over the last 3 years. Started doing it outside, made it easier when I started indoors. I tried all kinds of stuff, ended up with just simple is better. Anyone who is interested please just kick in your methods. I'd love to see what people are doing
    I bet Bob Marley's mansion
    has a garden in the back
    Where he's growing something special
    Some celestial homemade hash
    we'll sit down on his front porch
    And listen to the angels band
    Until then I'll sing I'll fly away with a fat onefin my hand

Most people don't clone only for sexing or enthusiasm. Just start a new seed.

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess I'm a sexy enthusiast! Or sexing enthusiast. I'm a pretty happy gardener. And cloning is a huge part of my medical grow and helps keep a constant flow of known flowers.

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      Those who have not known the joy of lifetime free copies of proven phenotypes of the BEST POT EVER GROWN are missing out.

Haven't you ever finished a KILLER stash, and wish you could repeat that?

I prefer aero cloning methods. It’s fairly hands off. Temperature control of the water is the largest nuisance. I control mine with a small aquarium chiller and get great results!
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      I definitely would like to see this.

I'll clone along! in a couple week I will be taking cuttings.
    I use two methods, 1 is clonex and jiffy the other is a home made bubbler.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! More different ways. Should be good

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      What will you be cloning?

• Mr.furley
      Mr.furley commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a Mother (Tahoe Og) that needs root pruning so I will take and root some clones before hand to insure survival of the Phenotype, after the repot I will grow out one of the Clones to harvest.

I'm at a good point to do it any time for the next week or two.

Comment

• Woodsman67
      Woodsman67 commented
      Editing a comment
      When ever your ready. I still have a couple weeks to go but no reason to wait, I just want to see different peoples madness.

I have nothing to clone at the moment all mine are going into flower wk 6. I don't take clones that late. But I will in a month or so. I'll be watching this thread.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• DingusKhan
      DingusKhan commented
      Editing a comment
      You will soon have one of JDU's Mango clones, and actually it's already big enough to take a cutting!

It's really cool to see how people are in this for the love of growing as well as the herb. This should be cool
    has a garden in the back

Comment

You got it. Here is a shot. I had an ant attack recently, so that is ground cinnamon you are seeing all over the ground.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kind of... only instead of air bubbles there is a mister on a pump that is consistently spraying inside the reservoir. Check out aeroponics systems for an idea of how it works.

• Woodsman67
        Woodsman67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool. Expensive. But cool. And they have a chiller built in?

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine is a clone king 25 site. I only use plain tap water in it. I put a 100w aquarium chiller inside separately. On eBay you can get the chiller, tubing, and pump kit for $100. The entire set up was a bit less than $200 delivered to my door step and I pull approx 50 clones per month off it. It’s low maintenance. I clean and refill the reservoir every 6 months plus replace all the insert plugs when I clean. I top the reservoir off with plain tap water 2-4 times per month. I have had the same system for 2-3 years now.

Alright this is a older grow but it checks out for educational purposes, I will do a live clone in a couple weeks with jiffy and gel.

For about 15$ buck u.s. I put this thing together a couple years back.

Mr.Furleys bubbler.

A 1gal-ish black tote
      Some clone rings and tie downs
      used air pump, stone and line.
      other expenses:
      A tray, dome, NSF thermometer and heat pad.
      Clonex seedling nutrient solution water ph at 6.2

I stabilize my temp and PH
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190101_174035.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.81 MB ID:	358894
      Cut clones and secure in rings with tie-down.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190103_175550.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.47 MB ID:	358895
      I mist them off the bat, cover with the lid, vents close for the most part the first couple days with 46 watts cfl.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190329_224725.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.52 MB ID:	358896
      if all goes well in 3 to 7 days I'll see roots at different stages of growth. I will stop misting, open vents and even uncover the tarys at this point
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190108_181846.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.32 MB ID:	358897
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20190817_125419.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	358898
      Plants are usually in Coco withing a two weeks period getting 1/2 strength feedings.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20191219_222801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	506.8 KB ID:	358899

Got a pretty good success rate, I usually cut at least two clones for every one I plan on keeping and alot of times I have to toss some. I have had bad results a couple times, cloning Topps are a little tougher in the water and some strains are just hard to clone, like Durban Posion, went 0 for 6 on that one.

hope you enjoy

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Woodsman67
        Woodsman67 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have a heavy duty aquarium pump for 100 gal tank. I'll probably have to install a valve to vary the pressure, but yes I could do bubbleponics and aeroponic experiments in same set up. I'm not convinced aquaculture type growing is suited for my lifestyle, but seeing some of the results I have questions only hands on will answer. Like can I do it lol

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your meaning, but you don't need anything other than a small AIR pump, to pump bubbles into an 8 or 12 inch air stone in a small size tote bin of water. You don't need a water pump at all.

This box just has the cuttings sitting in holes cut in the lid, with the stems sticking down into the bubbling water. That's it. No pressurized spray involved. Just an airstone.

Mr.furley to clarify, how do you do aeroponics with this setup? Do you mean that you only put in enough water that the stems aren't submerged, but are being splattered by the bubbles popping?

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        DingusKhan
        The tote I have can hold a gallon +, so if I do everything the same and only put in a 1/2 gallon the air stone spits water every were inside the tote and poof! Aeroponics in a sense. They make misters as well.

If this is going to be an ongoing thread I'll post how we mass clone in about a month. Our mother plants were started in October for next seasons grow. We do nothing special but it is easy to follow and its cheap. I'll get my daughter to do a step by step as she is the best cloner we have. It's funny how I taught her how to clone and within weeks she could make clones out of nowhere I think. I swear she could turn a rock into a plant.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• Woodsman67
        Woodsman67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Some people just have a gift with plants. That's awesome!

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! I'll be watching for that post.

Thanks Mr.furley, hydroponics, bubbleponics aeroponics! Yall are making me think. Taking root cuttings for clones? Yeah I am gonna learn some shit. And be setting up a couple new grow stations. I can have 6 in flower, 6 in vegg and 6 in various stages of clone including a mother. Ample for experiment plus perpetual grow
      has a garden in the back

Comment

I am definitely going to be changing my method after reading the above posts. My method is always a hope and a prayer for me, I have produced uncountable plants just in the strain I am cloning here but killed quite a few too. This mother was cloned in June. I will do my best to show what I did this round and feedback is appreciated!
        has a garden in the back

Comment

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm doing the same thing! I mostly grow out of boredom, since it's easy, once you've gotten to where you can predictably end a grow in a harvest, to have far more pot that I can ever smoke. I actually stopped for a year since my first outdoor grow ended up with the worst tedium of trimming for WEEKS, and several pounds of really sticky buds.

But now I'm bored again, so I'm growing more, and giving away a lot more, etc. etc. But yes, I'm doing a bunch of clones, just to do the clone along AND the solo grow, with a couple of auto seeds thrown in because why the hell not?

Anyway, I appreciate all your sharing, I'm learning a shitload o' new things to try with all these pot-tribbles.

• Woodsman67
          Woodsman67 commented
          Editing a comment
          This failed. Probably first time I had 100% failure since I actually learned the basics. My big issue is in the media used, but thanks to all the ideas I've been exposed to, this is getting a revamp this week. Stay tuned, will try again next week.

• DingusKhan
          DingusKhan commented
          Editing a comment
          Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that. What is the media you're using? It looks like some sort of potting or seedling mix. I don't think it's a medium problem because of all the sharing from people, especially JDU who have excellent results from poking their cuttings into cups of generic seedling mix. I myself have 2 tiny cuttings each in seedling mix and mushroom compost as experiments because of the ideas shared here. They aren't rooted yet, but they are healthy looking, not wilted or dead, and I think they are actually starting to get bigger.

Have you tried the methods you're using on plants in veg? I know you said you've been reveging and cloning for years without loss of potency in your buds, which I LOVE! But it might be easier to clone a plant that has not yet in flower.

I've had very good luck without much effort, maybe because I've always cloned before flipping. Do you have any preflippers to try it on?

I’m a few weeks off from taking cutting of my current crops but I can do a step by step of my procedure. To be honest, I really don’t do anything special, the key for me is to make sure everything is sterile. When everything is completely clean my success rates push 100%, when I get lazy they’re more like 50/50 or worse.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          No, we don’t have a dishwasher. We use a steam cleaner. Possibly the solution is diluted to where is doesn’t cause an issue?
          Thanks for this great convo!

• Obi-Wan
          Obi-Wan commented
          Editing a comment
          Ok so steam cleaner equals high temp so no chemical sanitizer, the alcohol is used to dry the equipment quickly, not to sanitize it.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          With all due respect, that’s simply not true. Alcohol is used to sanitize food contact surfaces in food process/manufacturing.
          It’s required by law to be used to sanitize all food contact surfaces. If these surfaces are not sanitized, people can get sick from the final products. Reason being is that bleach needs to be rinsed with water, and h2o2 breaks down into water. Stagnant water in a food plant is illegal because it promotes fungal growth. Alcohol evaporators off the surface and doesn’t leave any water film behind. So no risk of fungal contamination after surface has been wiped clean.
          Last edited by Toker1; 01-03-2020, 11:02 AM.

You lost me at SQF, FDA food code requires low temperature sanitizers to be either Quat based(chlorine) or Iodine based. Not sure what kind of food manufacturing you’re doing outside of the FDA food code but them’s the rules. Maybe alcohol works for high temp but that just don’t make sense to me.
        Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Safe quality food. It’s the program that all food manufacturing companies must follow. Yeah, we use bleach too... just not in the every day cleaning, that’s when we take the shit apart and deep cleanse. Point is it gets rinsed off afterwards. It’s sanitized with alcohol on a daily basis, no extra rinsing required. It’s a common practice in the industry because of reasons detailed above. Bleach residue can make people sick if not properly removed from food contact surfaces. I treat my plants that same way.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Btw, FDA is local to the US. SQF is an international standard.

Hydrogen peroxide is another good option for cleaning hydro/aeroponic gear. Breaks down to water and oxygen. Doesn’t require any extra rinsing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X