Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farmall
    replied
    NickyChicks LATELY, my last harvests had gone about 3 weeks beyond their breeder date. It does make you question whether or not you have gone off the path particularly when your relying on specific maturity checks to guide your plan. Your plants look terrific and the tent is filling up. Personally, I like it and believe you may find another 6 weeks if you are at 5 weeks in those pictures but that’s my thinking. I remember you said something about a deadline...hope this falls within it

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks JohnEmad, good to know. As soon as i harvest these girls, I'm going to start some autos.

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    Most autos are from germination so 65 days to harvest is 65 days from the plant poking its head above soil in a near perfect growing environment.

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    SoOrbudgal that makes sense to me. Do you believe the same applies to autos?

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Good afternoon everyone here may say differently on timing flowering. I do believe the breeder gives that "63 days" from first sign of hairs off pistils. This is what I go by not from when I started 12/12 I count when I see first hairs even on the face of bud site.

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Day 36 of 12/12. Another water change, I upped all the nutes on the GC in the center of the tent to 3/4 this week. After bumping up the Floralicious plus and LKB to 3/4 1 week ago and then I added 1 gallon of full strength nutes on Thursday. I definitely see an improvement with the overall color of the plant, but the top fan leaves still have a light green color to them. I'm not too concerned, it's producing nice looking buds and the roots look great.
    ​​​​​​
    All the plants are looking real healthy from what I can tell. I'm guessing when a breeder talks about flowering time, they're talking about how long it takes to harvest from the start of when you would first see signs of flowering, not the switch to 12/12. Is that logic correct? Ive been in 12/12 36 days but I didn't really see pistils until about 10-11 days in. I'm guessing I'll be harvesting somewhere close to the end of April. The alaskan purple and green crack have the longest flowering time of 63 days.

​​​​​​Also, thinking about lights and about trying LED. Thoughts on what I would need to cover my 4x4 tent? I was looking at Vipar Spectra but I'm really not sure what I'm looking at honestly. I would even consider supplementing 600w MH/HPS with smaller LEDs but that would mean more energy use and I'm not trying to do that unless I need to in order to effectively light my tent.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    LurkingInTheGrass thanks!! Hoping for a bountiful harvest when the time comes.

I'll give her a few days and see if she responds to the upped nutes. If I don't see a change I should be able to add a full gallon in 3-4 days and I'll go full strength, she what she says then.

• LurkingInTheGrass
    commented on 's reply
    I would agree with your analysis (she looks hungry)

GREAT LOOKING TENT!!

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Here we are 4 weeks full weeks into 12/12, all the girls are pushing out flowers. I can definitely see a noticable development of trichomes and it's a beautiful thing. The green crack in the center of my tent had been the most vigorous growing during veg but it always seemed a little lighter in color. Now that it's been a few weeks into flower, the light green color is much more noticeable, whereas all of the other plants are a nice color of green. Also, that plant drank a considerably larger amount of water this past week than all of the others. The plant looks healthy just light green. I just finished doing the water change and I added 3/4 dose rather than 1/2 dose of Floralicious plus and liquid Kool bloom. Not sure if that's the right move but I really couldn't find any definitive answer on the interwebs. My thinking was that based off of how explosive it grew during veg, and now seeing how much water its drinking that it could possibly be asking for more nutrients. Other than that, my little flowers look nice. It's so weird how the chocolate kush looks nothing like an indica, it looks more like a sativa more so than the green crack and white widow. I'll know when I smoke it in a couple months lol.

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    We have that same sofa cover in blue...! And for trimming...if you really find dry is better, maybe I missed something. But that real ‘boutique” style trim after the Fiskars, I use a fine point sheers to go deeper into a good bud and dry doesn’t seem to do as well....thanks!!

• NickyChicks
    replied
    Roughly 36hrs since I defoliated. The white widow is the shining star right now.

Leave a comment:

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall you'll be first to know!

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    NickyChicks no doubt, but wet is easier 😄 (for Me). BUT, I am now interested in what you think...so when you get there, please remember FARMALL, FARMALL,FARMALL,FARMALL,FARMALL....👍

• NickyChicks
    commented on 's reply
    Farmall I've learned that's one of the beauties of growing. Multiple paths you could take to achieve the same end result. It's just preference on how you get there

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    Some questions may not have a definitive answer . I’ve done dry and wet trimming and it’s the opposite for me. Wet trimming I find easier to manipulate the leaves and stem by pushing or sliding them out of the way. When dry, those same leaves tend to crumble and create a more obscure view to the area in question. I also believe it may be less stressful when dry in that it is a two step process. You can cut it and hang then a few days Later, goin for the trimming and snipping bud. My 2 cents

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X