Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watering

Can you reuse the runoff from soil to rewater. Thanks

Why would you want too. Why not just give them fresh water?

Comment

Originally posted by kingfish View Post
      Why would you want too. Why not just give them fresh water?
      True. Unless you don't have access to fresh water, I wouldn't reuse it. To difficult to manage nute levels if you don't know what you're giving the plant.
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I'm going to say yes, to a point. I've recently collected rainwater and am giving it to a plant in a red, 18 ounce cup. Rain is so rare around here that I collected a little over two and a half gallons. Two are in my freezer. The plant cup sits in a similar color and sized cup. I catch the runoff and pour it back over the plant. I'll do that a time or two until the soil is nice and soaked. Any leftover goes in my bigger plants. Same-same with the bigger plants except with nutes. They are on an elevated platform. Runoff is caught in a cup and poured back into the pot a few times. Whatever else goes to houseplants.
        Mine is not a typical situation because I move my plants between sunlight and tent and are elevated in the sun. I'm only saying there's a use for immediate runoff if you can get it. It's also a good argument for having 'limited' access to fresh water, as I am.
        Welcome tkrullers. Any pictures? What's your setup?
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 12-02-2019, 11:23 PM. Reason: Houseplants, not the drain.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• tkrullers
          tkrullers commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the positive post. I wanted to make sure i wasn't throwing a good thing away

Welcome to the Forum tkrullers
        Run off water has toxins that your plant has discarded.
        I wouldnt.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr.furley are you talking about what I do or saving runoff? You didn't make fun of me so maybe not?

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative Ghost Rider I am directing my comment
          To the thread host, I really hope you don't think I make fun of you as it is not my intentions, and you are one of my favs.
          You have a unique Pizzazz about you I find very enlightening every since the first snake oil comment.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Forgive me. I'm sensitive... sniff...

About runoff water if you ever have left it standing for a few days you'll notice little larva under microscope and slight film ontop of the runoff catchment. I suck it up with a turkey baster the one with a bulb. Squeeze it into a cup toss it out.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X